MACON CO. VS TROUSDALE CO.

KITTY_KAT

I don't remember those particular games, but I do remember that era, and I agree. TC had some great teams during that time and I'm sure you remember the "Battle of the unbeatens" in 1974 between Hartsville and Carthage. However, we won't talk about the outcome of that one will we. Besides, this is the MC / TC thread, right?  :wacko:

:lol:

825368076[/snapback]

Nah...let's forget that one. That's the roughing up I was referring to. hehehe :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Boiling Springs is just as much a part of Macon County as Lafayette is, but the name of our shcool is Macon County High School. That's why when we talk about "our team", we say Macon County. It is not a slight on RBS. I am very proud of my town as well as RBS. Either noone on here seems to realize or everyone on here seems to forget is this: Macon County is well represented in football by both MCHS and RBSHS. My reasoning on this stems from one simple fact, both teams DO have a "winning tradition". Everytime any of those boys step out on that field and play their hearts out, they are winners! How many other teams do you know of, if they suffered one disappointing season after another, that would have the heart, determination, and pride to keep going? That is a winner. How many other teams doesn't even have enough players to suit up a full 11 man offense and a full 11 man defense in practice and yet never gives up? That is winner. True, our "winning tradition" may not show up on scoreboards, in newspaper articles, or in statistic books. Our winning tradition shows up in our teams' heart, their pride, and the true sportsmanship they show in each and every game. Our winning tradition shows up in the stands every week, wearing our "Tiger Blue" or "Bulldog Red" and screaming ourselves hoarse or applauding until our hands are red and stinging. We do this win or lose....THEY do this win or lose.This being said, what is my wish for Friday night's big game? I want my Tigers to win, of course! Above all, I want them to do what they do EVERY week: Start the game winners, finish the game winners, and have fun in between! What do I think WILL happen? Be it a W or an L in the column for week # 7, we WILL continue OUR "winning tradition"!!! Go Get 'Em Boys!!! Good Luck!!! I'll be cheering from the 50!!! :D

Red Boiling Springs is just as much a part of Macon County as Lafayette is, but the name of our shcool is Macon County High School.  That's why when we talk about "our team", we say Macon County.  It is not a slight on RBS.  I am very proud of my town as well as RBS.  Either noone on here seems to realize or everyone on here seems to forget is this:  Macon County is well represented in football by both MCHS and RBSHS.  My reasoning on this stems from one simple fact, both teams DO have a "winning tradition".  Everytime any of those boys step out on that field and play their hearts out, they are winners!  How many other teams do you know of, if they suffered one disappointing season after another, that would have the heart, determination, and pride to keep going?  That is a winner.  How many other teams doesn't even have enough players to suit up a full 11 man offense and a full 11 man defense in practice and yet never gives up?  That is winner.  True, our "winning tradition" may not show up on scoreboards, in newspaper articles, or in statistic books.  Our winning tradition shows up in our teams' heart, their pride, and the true sportsmanship they show in each and every game.  Our winning tradition shows up in the stands every week, wearing our "Tiger Blue" or "Bulldog Red" and screaming ourselves hoarse or applauding until our hands are red and stinging.  We do this win or lose....THEY do this win or lose.This being said, what is my wish for Friday night's big game?  I want my Tigers to win, of course!  Above all, I want them to do what they do EVERY week:  Start the game winners, finish the game winners, and have fun in between!  What do I think WILL happen?  Be it a W or an L in the column for week # 7, we WILL continue OUR "winning tradition"!!!  Go Get 'Em Boys!!!  Good Luck!!!  I'll be cheering from the 50!!! :D

825368331[/snapback]

The sportsmanship means alot and our team is great sportsman they should be playing in 1a but as everyone knows does very well in 3a. So give us the respect we deserve and may the better team win--this thread is not about RBS it is about Trousdale and Macon --If you must talk about RBS start a new thread--so we can have the topic we intended.

MC SheTiger your post is very "nice", but I just want to clear up that none of the players or coaches at Macon County High School feel this way! We want to win every game we play! I am happy that you see us as winners as long as we try our hardest, but we want to win on the scoreboard and that is the bottom line. A coach once told me that losing is no fun! So unless we win on the scoreboard, we will not be having any "fun". I hope all the fans feel the way you do, because we know we are not going to win every game we play. However, I would feel bad if a team had this type of mentality. Once you start accepting losing, then it becomes contagious. It has happened in Macon County before, but Coach Dyer has brought with him an attitude of winning. Now we expect to win every game and anything less is unacceptable. We do have a rich tradition in football in Macon County, and at one time in the 50's, 60's, and 70's it was a winning tradition. Coach Dyer is trying to get it back to like it was then. I wish what you posted was the way things were, because the players and coaches wouldn't have to work near as hard if all that mattered was having fun. But if that is how things were, there would be no scoreboard at Pat Parker Field. SheTiger, I know what you posted is the way you feel and i don't want to come off sounding like I am trying to make fun of your post, but if we end up getting behind against Trousdale on friday night, take a walk down by the fence in front of our stands and you will find out that the fans down there won't see us as winners as long as we try our hardest. Thank you for your kind words!!! I wish everyone saw it your way!

Actually MamaJacket you should be playing 2A this year, but that is besides the point.  I agree with you let's talk about the game this friday.  It is a must win for Macon County if they plan on making the playoffs!

825368394[/snapback]

You are right but coach wanting to move to 3a. Just wanted to make a point and I think I did.

Edited by mamajacket

MC SheTiger your post is very "nice", but I just want to clear up that none of the players or coaches at Macon County High School feel this way!  We want to win every game we play!  I am happy that you see us as winners as long as we try our hardest, but we want to win on the scoreboard and that is the bottom line.  A coach once told me that losing is no fun!  So unless we win on the scoreboard, we will not be having any "fun".  I hope all the fans feel the way you do, because we know we are not going to win every game we play.  However, I would feel bad if a team had this type of mentality.  Once you start accepting losing, then it becomes contagious.  It has happened in Macon County before, but Coach Dyer has brought with him an attitude of winning.  Now we expect to win every game and anything less is unacceptable.  We do have a rich tradition in football in Macon County, and at one time in the 50's, 60's, and 70's it was a winning tradition.  Coach Dyer is trying to get it back to like it was then.  I wish what you posted was the way things were, because the players and coaches wouldn't have to work near as hard if all that mattered was having fun.  But if that is how things were, there would be no scoreboard at Pat Parker Field.  SheTiger, I know what you posted is the way you feel and i don't want to come off sounding like I am trying to make fun of your post, but if we end up getting behind against Trousdale on friday night, take a walk down by the fence in front of our stands and you will find out that the fans down there won't see us as winners as long as we try our hardest.  Thank you for your kind words!!!  I wish everyone saw it your way!

825368384[/snapback]

Well said. I agree that some of the MC fans do get discouraged and sit down or leave if we get behind on the score board. But not me...I will be cheering my boys on to the last second!!!! thumb

Red Boiling Springs is just as much a part of Macon County as Lafayette is, but the name of our shcool is Macon County High School.  That's why when we talk about "our team", we say Macon County.  It is not a slight on RBS.  I am very proud of my town as well as RBS.  Either noone on here seems to realize or everyone on here seems to forget is this:  Macon County is well represented in football by both MCHS and RBSHS.  My reasoning on this stems from one simple fact, both teams DO have a "winning tradition".  Everytime any of those boys step out on that field and play their hearts out, they are winners!  How many other teams do you know of, if they suffered one disappointing season after another, that would have the heart, determination, and pride to keep going?  That is a winner.  How many other teams doesn't even have enough players to suit up a full 11 man offense and a full 11 man defense in practice and yet never gives up?  That is winner.  True, our "winning tradition" may not show up on scoreboards, in newspaper articles, or in statistic books.  Our winning tradition shows up in our teams' heart, their pride, and the true sportsmanship they show in each and every game.  Our winning tradition shows up in the stands every week, wearing our "Tiger Blue" or "Bulldog Red" and screaming ourselves hoarse or applauding until our hands are red and stinging.  We do this win or lose....THEY do this win or lose.This being said, what is my wish for Friday night's big game?  I want my Tigers to win, of course!  Above all, I want them to do what they do EVERY week:  Start the game winners, finish the game winners, and have fun in between!  What do I think WILL happen?  Be it a W or an L in the column for week # 7, we WILL continue OUR "winning tradition"!!!  Go Get 'Em Boys!!!  Good Luck!!!  I'll be cheering from the 50!!! :)

825368331[/snapback]

This is a great post, because this is really what its all about, but this winning tradition that you talk about is the winning attitudes at both schools, not the winning games! No one should ever accept losing as a good thing, because it isnt a good thing, but sometimes, the other team was just plain out a better team and at that point you have to accept the lose and prepare yourself better for the next time you play them!

wtaylor, either that coach said it backwards or you typed it backwards, because how are you gonna have fun when you are playing the game if you have not won yet? The way it is said, is that, "if you play and have fun first, winning will take care of itself". I have never ever seen a team that wasnt having fun win a game! This is High School Fottball, these kids are not playing for money or even their education, they are playing for pride, for themselves, and their community! It is still suppose to be fun at this level and winning is fun but your not gonna win if your not having fun first! I hope Lafayette does take it to the Jackets and win the game, but before they can do that, they have to be having fun and expect to win! Good Luck To All and God Bless!!!!!!!!!

Well said. I agree that some of the MC fans do get discouraged and sit down or leave if we get behind on the score board.  But not me...I will be cheering my boys on to the last second!!!! thumb

825368500[/snapback]

I am right there with ya Tigerfan right beside ya yelling my lungs out!!!!!!!!! Winning goes back alot further than what most people want to keep talking smack about with us. We had some horrible seasons and also some good ones. Looking over some of the stats there were times that we beat LA, Portland, SC, and had like 7-3 records and it wasn't just 1 season we did good. Most important thing is our boys just need to know we love them and are so proud of them. thumb