"Carl Stewart of Alcoa on the carry"....

VitaVol

I heard it as well and it was no big deal because I know four things:

First, the fact that you non-Maryville believers and haters knew the truth of where Carl really played to know ESPN was wrong, says enough:

And, If Carl had gone to Alcoa he probably would not have developed enough to make to Auburn:

And he certainly would have not had the exposure and press he got by playing for a real top notch program:

And Dexter knew if his son was to do well in football and studies Maryville was the best area choice.

Carl is a great kid and fine young man, I don't care where ESPN says he is from.

825365843[/snapback]

Exactly what are trying to say FBE?? So you're saying if he'd played at Alcoa he would not have gone big?? If a man can play ball then a college will find him no matter the school. Don't act like Maryville is just Superior because they're not!! Oh yeah, and I loved the outcome of that game too!!! GO Tigers!! hahaha thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Touch a nerve there FBE?  That post makes it sound like you look down the nose at the little school in Alcoa.  You are probably right though.  Nobody at Alcoa has ever gotten enough exposure to go to an SEC school.  It is also true that Alcoa only has five state championships.  No comparison to the Red and Black Nation.  We also have such crappy academics.  I know I couldn't wait to graduate and go to work at Krystal with all of my friends.  After reading so many of your posts I will have to say that you have done a good job of hiding your obvious distaste for Alcoa.  In the past I have supported you as you tried to get RebelRaider to understand that is not polite to make posts that bash another school.  As I said before, Congratulations Carl!

825365921[/snapback]

What about Billy Williams at UT and the TE at Georgia?????

What about Billy Williams at UT and the TE at Georgia?????

I think you are referring to Shannon Mitchell. I think Jamie Henry also played at UT around that time. Alcoa has had several other kids, both before and after those three, that have gone on to play college football. That was my point. FBE made it sound like if you don't go to Maryville you are not going to have an opportunity to play at the next level. Carl Stewart is playing at Auburn because he is an incredible athlete not because he went to school at Maryville.

Ah webelfanatic, I'm touched...you liked my pics in posing trunks. I'll have to make sure you let you know when the INBF competition (NATURAL BODYBUILDING) competition is in April in Atlanta so you can come cheer me on. I won't have to put up with roid users there, thank God.

Where in the heck did the "selling drugs" part come from? That's the dumbest comment you've made yet.

GovMan, what's up?  Alcoa never did anything to you.  :P

Seriously, I heard the guy say Carl was from Alcoa and laughed out loud.  I knew there would be some comments made on good ole CoachT.  It was good to see a local kid get some playing time in a big time game.  Whether he played at Maryville, Alcoa, WB, or Heritage makes no difference to me.  Congratulations Carl!

Kids going to schools other than the one they are zoned for has been going on for years.  I remember the late '70s when Maryville and Alcoa both had kids from Eagleton that played big roles in winning state championships.  It is just the way it works.  It probably won't change until Maryville and Alcoa quit accepting tuition students.  I think Alcoa has 'waiting lists' for several grades and as I understand it, Maryville will not accept tuition students unless they are a good athlete.  Just kidding!  I don't know anything about the situation at Maryville other than they are getting full.

825365758[/snapback]

Sorry Budrock ... didn't mean to offend you. I'm still bitter because I decided to stay "in district" and go to powerful Friendsville, instead of going to Alcoa which was a viable option. I'd be wearing 3 state championship rings if I'd decided to wear the maroon & gray. That is ... if I could have made the team !!!

The UT game tonight on ESPN (as sad as it was) did have a few funny lines.  I found  one particularly interesting (and I'm sure a few Maryville fans threw their remotes when they heard it).

Low and behold, Maryville should have gotten some pub on ESPN tonight. Carl Stewart, one of Maryville's finest from the past decade, got in the game for Auburn on their last drive.  The commentator on TV stated that, "On the carry was Carl Stewart from ALCOA, just right down the road"...yes, he looked at the media guide and saw where Carl actually LIVED growing up instead of mentioning the high school he attending out of his district...

Maryville fans, it always catches up with you one way or another, sometimes in funny ways.  I hope Carl's parents recorded the game!  B)

825365648[/snapback]

Dan that was almost as funny as you not remembering when you graduated from Alcoa, even though you had already posted it on coachT. You are right about one thing though, "it all catches up with you." You proved that. Comical.

Good points about Travis, Rebelron.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Dan that was almost as funny as you not remembering when you graduated from Alcoa, even though you had already posted it on coachT. You are right about one thing though, "it all catches up with you." You proved that. Comical.

Good points about Travis, Rebelron.

Go Rebs.

825366787[/snapback]

Dan ? Dan who? Does Dan have a last name? I'm curious.

I dont believe all this....Maryville has people from out of their district playing on their team...Next you'll be telling me Maryville prints their own money.....Keep dreaming

825366834[/snapback]

Ted it is sort of like short people coaching out of their league taking monopoly money at the gate and having a nightmare of a season.I know where that is.

Excactly right Govman. Travis Stinnett went to Maryville schools all his life and decides to go to Alcoa High School. Travis parents didn't move. Whenever Travis was on the floor the media would tell that Travis was from Maryville. Alcoa's football team has several kids that live in the county.All the schools in the county have kids that live in other zones.

It has been said over and over. Carl went to Maryville schools since he was in kindergarden. Carl's mother is a teacher at Sam Houston Elementary. Teachers kids will get in before anybody else. Carl didn't play football until 8th grade.If Carl's mom was a teacher at Alcoa then Carl would have been a Tornado.

825365740[/snapback]

It was funny, and that's all the guys are trying to point out. No need to lash back, REBELRON. We all know Carl's story thanks to you guys drilling it in our heads. But it was still funny to say Alcoa. I just pictured a mAryville guy sitting at his house, throwing down his remote and downing a beer real quick. Haha. It still makes me laugh.