Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier co.

DBFootballMom

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth, I don't have as much confidence in our team against mediocre teams as I do against the great ones. Odd isn't it? I would have more confidence in DB against Oak Ridge or Riverdale than I do against South Doyle or Sevier County. I think our team is so good and so talented they have a hard time getting focused for the games they are "sure" to win. Don't get me wrong, I pick DB to roll in this one fairly easily, but until they show me a little more then I am scared to death for the Tribe. I would hate to see them let a team this talented and this well-coached be ruined by games like this week's. But good luck boys!!

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

Hopefully DB will have a great week of practice. Come out against Sevier County, and score early. No first quarter mistakes like this past week. But I am sure that was just rust from having the week before off.

I think coach Clark will have the Indians ready to roll this Friday night, it's homecoming and everyone likes to see a big win.

I'm looking for the Indians to be on the warpath! Head coach has already laid down the law - "Let the student body have a fun week of homecoming activities, but if you're on the football team, you've got a game to get ready for!" And that is how it has to be. Sevier County will bring its best game of the year - count on it. But the Tribe won't be rusty this week - I 'm expecting a breakout game, but no cakewalk.

IMO, some keys to the game:

1. Establish the run early.

2. Use play action to set up the pass or pump fake to the bubble screen and take it long.

3. Receivers and punt returners - nothing catchable drops.

4. Defense - live up to your reputation - NO ONE CLOSES ON THE BALL LIKE D-B, WITH SPEED, POWER, AND NUMBERS!

5. Give 100% 100% of the time; the prize at the end is worth it!

Indians - 42

Smokey Bears - 13

Roll Tribe! thumb