Top Posters In This Topic

With what little I know of Oak Ridge history, I've heard:

Stan Fritts - fullback Bengals in the 70's

Mike Caldwell - linebacker Eagles, Bears, Panthers

Jason McAddley - receiver Cardinals

Jerry? Colquitt - quarterback Panthers

Danny Sanders - quarterback drafted by the Jets in the late 70's

One of the Redmonds - several training camps and arena ball

This info is unreliable at best. How 'bout a little help from some Wildcat fans?

825369565[/snapback]

what year did this guys graduate

Chad clifton from westview plays for the packers and starts every sunday.went UT knoxville. another kid form westview Harrel is currently UT's Starting DE. he is a sophmore and if dosn't get hurt will go pro.

Chad does start ever game and is one of the best tackles in the NFl... Harrel is a DT and will be very good for the vols in yrs to come... also from westview was will ofenhousle he started at tackle 4 the vols then went to play w/ the jets as an undrafted free agent but is not playing now

Andy Kelly (QB) from Rhea County, played in late 80's, then played for the UTK Vols. He was on his way to making the Steelers squad as an undrafted free agent and he had an injury (I believe to his thumb). So, instead he went on to become the most proficient passer in the short history of the Arena Football League.

Also from Rhea Co. is an Offensive Lineman named Douglas (first name Cody, I think) who played sometime in the 80's and went onto play for the Cinncy Bengals, even winning a Super Bowl ring with one of the Boomer led teams.

From McCallie

Ellis Gardner - GA Tech - Academic All-American Football Team from the NCAA- while in college, he played football as offensive lineman and was twice named a member of the . His football career escalated from there, where he became a professional football player for the National Football League (NFL) as offensive lineman for the Kansas City Chiefs, the Indianapolis Colts and the Houston Oilers

Ed Smith - Vanderbilt but no Academic All-American - Where'd Ed go after that? Seems like the 'Skins.