Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

simonzander71

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Well Well, What a football game!! Here is my breakdown on the game and what happend.

Early In The Game:

Both teams came out and went three and out. Yet, then it wasn't long before you could see how the game was going to go. Many say this was a big play night, I think it was, but only on the Ooltewah side. Soddy Daisy set up both of their touchdowns on drives. Orr connected on the fade pattern in the corner of the endzone. Later on Soddy connected on another good drive but fell short of a first down and knocked down a 43 yard field goal. Soddy dominated the first half and had really taken control of the game until about 45 seconds to go in the half. When Woods hit Lansden across the middle where he juggled the ball and then made a quick spin move to pass the Soddy defense to finish off the 75 yard reception. That shifted momentum tremendously.

Change In The Game:

Early in the game Gary Orr was allowed to sit back in the pocket and just wait until his recievers came open. In the second half the Owls were all over Orr and caused alot of trouble for the Trojans. The Owls front 4 were even providing pressure in the second half without blitzing anyone.

Big Plays:

After the drive and score from Orr to his Fullback, Caldwell answerd the first play of the next drive with an 87 yard touchdown run to pull the Owls back within 3 at 17-14. Then the play of the game... After connecting with a 43 yard field goal earlier in the game, Soddy elected to try it again from a little closer in. Yet, Owls Blake McDade leaped through the Soddy line and blocked the field goal, and then there was a scramble for the ball when Antonio Lansden came out of the scrapple with it to take it 60 yards for a touchdown and the deciding points of the game.

PLayer of the Game:

Antonio Lansden and Nick Robinson. Lansden had the big 75 yard reception as well as the 60 yard blocked field goal return. Robinson made the difference in the second half pressuring Orr almost every play. Great Job Guys.

Outlook:

Good game to both teams, but if I am an Ooltewah fan, I do not want to have to play Soddy Daisy again the rest of this year. Not only is it hard to beat a good team twice, but it will be hard to have as many big plays without being able to set-up drives against the Trojan Defense. Good Luck to both teams against Oak Ridge and Farragut and I hope you all finish 1 and 2 in the Region.

thumb

Edited by InDepthInsider

Alright I think we have heard enuff excuses to last for the next two seasons..Point is All those kids played there everloving hearts out and whether your team won or lost you have respect for each other and now you team up against those knoxville teams and whip some@$$ !!!! The refs were horrible...did you guys see when soddy had the ball 2nd and goal from the nine and momo crossed the five yardline before he was tackled and the ref signaled a touchdown but momo was at like the 3 yardline ha ha ha..I think we need to get that group of refs a refing for dummies book!!!!ha ha ha .And whether or not any of the refs live in soddy or ooltewah it doesn't matter...If both teams cut down on penalties and turnovers they will meet again.......I am just wondering though..If OHS loses one of thier next two and soddy wins out will there be a minnie playoff for the regions top spot? that would be crazy..I don't think It will happen though..After last night Ooltewah will be unstoppable as well as Soddy ..Ooltewah seems to turn it up a noch after winning a big game ..and Soddy seems to get a mean streak from hades after a loss...Eithr way I hope both teams totally dominate the knoxville teams......

AND THEN BRING ON DOBYNS BENNETT and RIVERDALE who soddy both owe the chumps over in middle tennesee a huge beating

Soddy beat ooltewah hands down in every aspect of the game except rushing.  Soddy should have won, but dont get me wrong ooltewah played a heck of a game and they are a very good team, but friday i just think soddy should have won!!!!!!!

825384901[/snapback]

Soddy did outplay Ooltewah in a lot of aspects... however, the team that makes less mistakes and capitlizes on the other team's mistakes will win the football game... and that team was Ooltewah last night.

The Journey

General Gatewood and his hungry owls are looking for their next prey. In week Zero, they marched into Red Bank on a dark foggy night looking for the once mighty lions and found only a few cubs in their den, which was not enough for the Old James County Legion. Week One some hyped up East Ridge pioneers decided to march their air wagons into the Nest to lay their claim after their thumping of the Bears in their first test. However, they found out quickly that the Owls Nest was not as peaceful as they thought when disturbed and ran home crying to their mommas. Week Two a band of McMinn County Cherokee warriors tried to sneak into the Nest only to find the Owls ready and looking for a good fight, the only problem they thought they were warriors and found that they were only big talking pups which angered Gatewoods Owls and sent them back on I-75 trail to Athens with their tails between their legs. Week Three Gatewood and his troops from Ooltewah raged war on their Purple boarder rivals and found that the PUDS from Chattanooga Central ready to knock off the sixth ranked team in the state. The Puds did everything that they could to stop one of the fiercest Owls in Gatewood’s arsenal only to find out these birds can air it out just as good as knocking their foes in the nose. The PUDS picked their poison and paid the ultimate price. Week Four the Governors from William Blount heard there were some rowdy Owls in Ooltewah so they sent a few Marshall’s to take care of the situation but would be held up by a storm named Ivan that had flooded their path. They should have just stayed put because once they arrived in Ooltewah they found that the Owls were rowdy, and fiercer than the storm Ivan during the battle the Owls captured one of the Governors leaders so they brought him to their Commander, General Gatewood which he then offered a truce halfway through the battle but they did not except the terms and conditions so he then ordered his troops to destroy them and so they did. After the conflict, the Owls posted signs on all their boarders and this is what it reads. (Don’t mess with the NEST) with exception of the border between PUDLAND and Ooltewah, it is written in Red and has a picture so our Purple PUD rivals can understand it. Week Five was an off week for the rumbling rolling Red Birds from Ooltewah preparing for a Big Bear hunt in Bradley County. First half stats.

Record: 5-0 (2-0) Rank: 6th in 5A according to AP Poll

Ooltewah Football Website

Week Six it was hunting season for the Owls from Ooltewah heading north to Bradley County looking for some Bear meat and skins for the winter. The Bears started running around like chickens with their heads cut off once they noticed a Big Red Bull’s-eye on their backs. The Owls yelled out and told the Bears not to run because they would only die tired. Gatewood ordered the command to fire and unleashed the Ooltewah silver bullets (AKA Silver helmets) dropping every Bear in sight 41 to be exact. The hunt was quick and painless for the Bears, but it could have been a total massacre if General Gatewood had not called the dogs off with six min. left in the first half of play. Gen. Gatewood told his troops to stand down because they had enough Bradley Bear skins and meat to last them for their upcoming journey to the Mountains to battle against the Fort Heritage Mountaineers. Week 7 The Rolling Red Birds of Ooltewah and their fearless leaders made it over the mountains and through the woods to Heritages House, they go. The mighty warriors of Ooltewah once inside the Heritage House quickly let it be known that they were still hungry the Mountaineers scrambled and whipped up some flapjacks, hash browns smothered covered and chunked and some good ole Smokey mountain bacon and then placed before them. The Owls ate their offering of truce but then a Clan of moon shiners barged in the door thinking since they whipped a few Trojans but not all of them last week they could do the same on this night. The Heritage Mountaineer Moon Shiners looked like deer’s in head lights when General Gatewood’s boys stood up from their tables and asked to take the matter outside and that’s when it all got ugly showing the Mountain boys why the Owls were ranked third in the state of Tennessee and that The Ooltewah Owls are not Mountain Boys but White Oak Mountain Men. After the skirmish, General Gatewood and his veteran group of feisty Owls marched at a double quick down south on 75 to the Nest to prepare for some Soddy Daisy Troy Trojans that he heard were building a gift for them but Gatewood knows their Commander and Chief all to well to fall for such tricks. Week 8 Fe Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of an Trojan Man. Commander Weathers and his Giants from Soddy Daisy came to the Nest with a huge appetite for destruction they made such a commotion on their way that people from all over the area wanted to know what the big fuss was about so they filed into the Nest one by one and noticed this was the battle of the unbeaten and the third and fifth ranked team in the state of Tennessee ready to fight it out like a couple of heavy weights. General Gatewood in the Red corner and Commander Weathers in the Blue corner. You could see the smoke signals from the Nest as far as the eye could see this signaled all Ooltewahlians to report for duty on this night because all hands will be needed to take out these Giants. Not a soul knows how the zebras got on the field of battle but I do believe they had Mad Zebra Disease (MZD) because they used their yellow hankies enough for General Gatewood and Commander Weathers to order their Corpsman’s to issue flu shots to their troops. Commander Weathers drew first blood as he ordered an air assault on General Gatewoods defenses and right before the lines broke Lt. Woods hooked up with Sgt. Lansden with bomb that he took to Soddy Daisy’s Green Zone, which changed the momentum of the battle. Three quarters into the battle it was back in forth between the Mighty Red Birds of Ooltewah and the Giant Trojans from Soddy Daisy with more the same of the Trojan air attack and for Ooltewah Sgt. Caldwell and Sgt. Williams grinding out the ground campaign with their Big O, but the clincher was the heart of General Gatewoods defenses all night long they fought their hearts out and when you have the spirit of these warriors good things happen and it did with a blocked field goal and in the forth an interception which left Commander Weathers and his Trojans dumbfounded. Commander Weathers swallowed his pride and gathered his troops and left the Nest with their first loss as the crowed watched in shock and awe over the battle they just witnessed. After the respected Soddy Daisy Trojans left the Nest General Gatewood and his Big Bad Ooltewah Owls started to prepare to sink a ship in the Atomic City of Oak Ridge Which is guarded by some fierce fourth ranked Wildcats that don’t go down easy this will be another classic battle.

Soddy beat ooltewah hands down in every aspect of the game except rushing.  Soddy should have won, but dont get me wrong ooltewah played a heck of a game and they are a very good team, but friday i just think soddy should have won!!!!!!!

825384901[/snapback]

We actually beat you in the most important aspect of the game. The Score.

Well Well Well, What a football game!! Here is my breakdown on the game and what happend.

Early In The Game:

Both teams came out and went three and out. Yet, then it wasn't long before you could see how the game was going to go. Many say this was a big play night, I think it was, but only on the Ooltewah side. Soddy Daisy set up both of their touchdowns on drives. Orr connected on the fade pattern in the corner of the endzone. Later on Soddy connected on another good drive but fell short of a first down and knocked down a 43 yard field goal. Soddy dominated the first half and had really taken control of the game until about 45 seconds to go in the half. When Woods hit Lansden across the middle where he juggled the ball and then made a quick spin move to pass the Soddy defense to finish off the 75 yard reception. That shifted momentum tremendously.

825384794[/snapback]

I maybe wrong but i could have sworn Soddy scored on their first posession? Not that it really matters or anything. btw, good luck to ooltewah against oak ridge! i think ya'll can do it! just stop their run game and get yours goin and all will go GREAT for the owls next friday!

Edited by HotSauce11

Tony is the one that ran it back for a touch down after blocking a field goal. Great game ooltewah, soddy you held in there. Ooltewah you played one heck of a game. Our offense line, wonderful job, i believe Zack only got hit really bad and pressured to throw about 1 time. Defence.... WOW that's all i can say. All you guys played your hearts out and got what you deserved. Congrates! That game is over, probably our most serious game of the season and it's all over. I'm looking forward in seeing us domimate Oak Ridge.