Fairview at Lewis Co.

dback33

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fun!!! Hopefully they will lock the board before the game is over tomorrow night..I have a feeling there will be a lot of gloating!! And of course, somebody will get their feelings hurt!! Ring me up another W guys, I wish i could be out their!!!!

Edited by dback33

No i'm not sure that LC baseball has ever won 27 games..... even 20 games..... but hey you like FV i like LC but it doesnt mean we should shun eachother out..... I will root for FV in everygame except against LC, as for everyother region team that we face, because the better the region plays, the better the results will be come november..... and that is what is important

825381599[/snapback]

I respect that golfinman. I cheer on Lewis Co. in games that don't affect Fairview. I just got a feeling the tides are turning a little in region 5 due to losses in graduation and the talent level not being as high. FvHSjACKET i will give you a holla on socom. seriously everyone needs to play it. But good luck to both teams tomorrow night may it be injury free with the good ole Jacket prevailing in the end. Golfinman, what does Lewis Co.'s passsing game look like this year?

Passing game in Lewis County??? Maybe if they had one they'd do better lol..... but seriously its not good for the deep threat, but it's efficient, alex threw 1 interception in like 78 or so attemps.... until last friday when he threw 3 in 9 attempts.... our defense it tough, and our special teams is killer.....it will be interesting to see what goes down tomorrow night, i expect to see trick plays and fakes, and all that good stuff tomorrow night...... i guess we could call it right now as a "WAR" of defense..... i say whoevers D forces the most T.O.'s and comes out fired up will win this game, it might come down to the last possesion...... hopefully LC will win, but if not they won't go down easy, it will be a battle. Good luck to both teams and i hope nobody gets hurt.

Most supposed "experts" will have the following picks:

1.) Lewis County

2.) Cheatham

3.) Fairview

4.) Harpeth

5.) Waverly

6.) Loretto

7.) Richland

I tend to disagree with these picks. I honestly see this region coming down to 2 showdowns in the final week of the season between Cheatham-Fairview and Lewis County-Harpeth. Here are my personal beliefs:

1.) Cheatham

2.) Fairview

3.) Lewis County

4.) Harpeth

5.) Waverly

6.) Loretto

7.) Richland

here is a post a found back in a thread, anyone want to guess who it is from? Yes this person put Fairview ahead of Lewis Co. meaning they thought Fairview was better. wonder why the change of heart.

You know what Smiley, the funny thing is when I said CBarkley was an ----- it had nothing to do with him picking Lewis over Fairview. I have just read many of his posts and that was just my opinion. It's funny to me that someone can become so obsessed with something so minor as someone you don't even know calling you a name. You are right that CBarkley will be lost without Coacht. I'm interested to see if he will be man enough to stand behind his bet. One would think a 21 year old boy would do so. I'll see all of you next week!

You know something Bertier, I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong about this region altogether.  BTW, who did you have finishing as the #4 seed in region 5-2A???  The main reason I picked Lewis County is simply due to the fact that they crushed Loretto two weeks ago.  Loretto is a 4-3 football team that beat Giles County by a touchdown a few weeks back.  Unless I'm mistaken, Montgomery Central only beat Giles County be a score of 10-7.  Do you all know who Montgomery Central beat a few weeks ago???  FAIRVIEW!!!  I think that Montgomery Central had two backs go for 100+ yards in that game against the mighty Yellow Jackets.  The past two weeks Bobby Martin has carried the ball less than 10 times for well over 100 yards in both games, BUT the fact of the matter is that Fairview was playing Waverly & Harpeth.  For whom does the bell tone today folks???  Looking a whole lot like Gerry Bertier & CoachNeg to me!!!

BTW Gerry, how in the heck are you going to accuse someone of posting on here way too much when you are still making posts at 2:39 AM in the morning???  CoachNeg, I never back out on bets so I'll advise you to go ahead and make your lasts posts while you still can because at 10:00 PM tonight it's ADIOS AMIGOS!!!

825382383[/snapback]

Hey you can never pick a team by how bad they beat a team and how bad another team lost to them. Example. Adamsville got killed by Huntingdon,Adamsville beat Peabody,PEabody beat Milan, infavor u would pick huntingdon over milan cuz adamsvill ebeat a team that beat milan.. Well that wasnt the case milan came out and won. SO look at the facts football is football what was in the past was in the past anything can happen on a friday night.

You know something Bertier, I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong about this region altogether.  BTW, who did you have finishing as the #4 seed in region 5-2A???  The main reason I picked Lewis County is simply due to the fact that they crushed Loretto two weeks ago.  Loretto is a 4-3 football team that beat Giles County by a touchdown a few weeks back.  Unless I'm mistaken, Montgomery Central only beat Giles County be a score of 10-7.  Do you all know who Montgomery Central beat a few weeks ago???  FAIRVIEW!!!  I think that Montgomery Central had two backs go for 100+ yards in that game against the mighty Yellow Jackets.  The past two weeks Bobby Martin has carried the ball less than 10 times for well over 100 yards in both games, BUT the fact of the matter is that Fairview was playing Waverly & Harpeth.  For whom does the bell tone today folks???  Looking a whole lot like Gerry Bertier & CoachNeg to me!!!

BTW Gerry, how in the heck are you going to accuse someone of posting on here way too much when you are still making posts at 2:39 AM in the morning???  CoachNeg, I never back out on bets so I'll advise you to go ahead and make your lasts posts while you still can because at 10:00 PM tonight it's ADIOS AMIGOS!!!

825382383[/snapback]

by the way if im not mistaken bobby rushed well over 100 yards against MC also. We came out sluggish on defense on their 1st couple of drives. Our defense lined up wrong which was our mistake. We took ourselves out of the play. Well we dont make mistakes anymore. and how long did it take cheatam to score 35 points on Waverly .. 4 quarters.. how long did it take fairview to score 35 points on waverly about 15 minutes. so if you want to go by facts there they are. Fairview 1st team was out of the game with 6 mins to go in the 2nd quarter. They got in there scored 42 points in about 18 min and then let the young guys have some fun.

i doubt that my friend. id have to say '91 and '92 were their best teams ever.

825381258[/snapback]

I have to say I played on that Fairview team from '89-'92 we never played Lewis County in the season just in a scrimmage every year which everybody knows scrimmages don't count. Our combined record including playoffs those four years were 34-10 and back in the good old days only 2 teams from each distrct made it to the playoffs not four or whatever it is now. We also got lucky and got to play the University of Brentwood ERRRR I mean Brentwood Academy in the first round of the playoffs my Fresh. and Soph. years now that was great fun NOT. So if anyone needs to know any early 90's Fairview football just ask me. OH YEAH BY THE WAY GO JACKETS final score Fairview 28 - Lewis County 7

See everyone in Hohenwald tonight.