Jake Nunley For Mr. Football

DelTavian

Iam a Jake fan.But I saw him against Cumberland County On a thursday afternoon.I think

he had 180yds on 40 carries and two tds.Thats great but And Del if this makes you mad Iam

sorry but 140yds where on two big plays. so the other 38 carries for 40yds against Cumberland

County.The jets got after him and hit him in the mouth alot.Against My Cavs He had a couple of good runs.But it was late in the game.He will be on my all state list but I dont know (YET) about

My vote(and I do have one) for Mr. Football.

825377579[/snapback]

Not mad. Stats and games are important. But was the rain a factor as well as cc has posted? It would be something I would consider in my voting.

Del.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually against Cumb Co he had 30 carries, 233 yards, and 2 tds. In the Cookeville game it was 23 carries, 148 yards, 1 td. If you don't like Jake's parents, and/or Coach Price, then attack them, but there's no reason to take things out on a player...whoever the player might be. Everyone has the right to their own opinion...whether you like Jake or not. Remember last year and everyone thought it was a fluke he got over 2,000 yards and that there would be "no way" he could do it again. Read the articles from last year and THIS year, every opponent's coach has stated "Stop Nunley." You can rest assured all the teams Coffee plays is trying to do just that. The good thing is, Coffee has more weapons this year and everyone keying on Jake frees them up...ask Franklin County!

Actually against Cumb Co he had 30 carries, 233 yards, and 2 tds. In the Cookeville game it was 23 carries, 148 yards, 1 td.  If you don't like Jake's parents, and/or Coach Price, then attack them, but there's no reason to take things out on a player...whoever the player might be.  Everyone has the right to their own opinion...whether you like Jake or not. Remember last year and everyone thought it was a fluke he got over 2,000 yards and that there would be "no way" he could do it again.  Read the articles from last year and THIS year, every opponent's coach has stated "Stop Nunley." You can rest assured all the teams Coffee plays is trying to do just that. The good thing is, Coffee has more weapons this year and everyone keying on Jake frees them up...ask Franklin County!

825377605[/snapback]

Thank you, Nolesfan, for clearing up the fact that jake had 233 yards against Cumberland. I don't know where badblood gets his stats. :( I support Jake. I think he works as hard as anyone in the state and deserves every honor given to him. Another thing, Wingman, when Jake played in region 2, he was a sophomore and was more a defensive player than a rb.

i think badbloods stat sheet got a little wet and smeared the numbers a little bit. i love how everyone has the answer. to be totally honest i think all the thomas fans, and all the cooker people, your allowed your opinion, but i really senese that you all are worried about nunley winning it. lets keep the excuses to a low. nunley plays everygame like its the championship. i do think alot of people forgot how the voting takes place. it not who has commited to the top colleges. i think this thread should not have started no earlier than the final week. also if all the talk about who coffee county plays why is their strength of schedule 39 and riverdales is 40. sounds like they play pretty much the same opponents to me. also look at it this way when riverdales defense is dominating and getting the offense on the field it is easy to have all these offensive stats. good luck to all.

You can't give an individual award based on a team's success rate. You can't give an individual award based on strength of schedule or region. You can't give an individual award based on the style of offense or defense a coach chooses.

There is a reason why the candidates mentioned in this thread (and others) are candidates, and it's because they have the talent to put up the numbers that they have so far this year. Forget who they play for, what region they are in or what their team's record is. You can't give an individual award based on anything but that person's individual measurable statistics and characteristics. Forget how good a college player they might be or how good a pro they might be. They have talent now, in the high school game and this award is given to the best players in the high school game.

I would ask the voters to use that criteria when casting their ballot. This is an individual award and no school, city, region, ranking, won/loss record, coach, amount of playing time or even evidence of one massive one-game effort in contrast to a season.

Don't cast a vote just because of a few statistics. Don't cast a vote just because you cover that candidate all season. Only after a thorough examination, cast a vote for the best back in 5A, whoever you truly believe that person to be.

You can't give an individual award based on a team's success rate.  You can't give an individual award based on strength of schedule or region.  You can't give an individual award based on the style of offense or defense a coach chooses.

There is a reason why the candidates mentioned in this thread (and others) are candidates, and it's because they have the talent to put up the numbers that they have so far this year.  Forget who they play for, what region they are in or what their team's record is.  You can't give an individual award based on anything but that person's individual measurable statistics and characteristics.  Forget how good a college player they might be or how good a pro they might be.  They have talent now, in the high school game and this award is given to the best players in the high school game.

I would ask the voters to use that criteria when casting their ballot.  This is an individual award and no school, city, region, ranking, won/loss record, coach, amount of playing time or even evidence of one massive one-game effort in contrast to a season.

Don't cast a vote just because of a few statistics.  Don't cast a vote just because you cover that candidate all season.  Only after a thorough examination, cast a vote for the best back in 5A, whoever you truly believe that person to be.

825377917[/snapback]

Always do always will. I have voted for west Tn. players many times after reading all I can about thier season. I'll vote for Jake because I think he deserves it. I vote in all classes and will vote for players because I think they deserve it.

Guest Oakland

im gonna make a case for dave thomas of riverdale, i dont know his stats as of right now, but will throw them out to ya thursday when the dnj releases but the man is the starting qb/cb/p/pr(i believe thats it) the numbers arent that great but thats because he has played most of his game for only 1 half. all this while his girlfriend is sitting in atlanta doing rehab for an injury that at one time looked like it was going to take her life and to put up the numbers he has is just remarkable considering the situation. i know the voters are supposed to take overall character into play as well and dave has that, the man was going directly to atlanta after the games, i think that tells you about his character. unlike other folks i wont cry foul if dave doesnt win it, but will be suprised. ill be happy for nunley or for whoever wins it

My goodness you get to nominate three players. I do have a vote and as of right now I would vote for Nunley, Thomas and Caldwell. Things could change from now and the end of the season. Make your case for the player you think should get it, but I don't think anyone has the right to make your case why another shouldn't get it. This isn't a debate. Forget Mr. Football, what I find ludacris is the fact Nunley is eighth all-time in rushing now in the state and has not been named AP Player of the Week or even honorable mention this season. That is crazy.

I would hate for Nunley to lose a chance at an award because of overexposure and bad press. He is getting alittle bit of both in this thread. This could turn into a situation that happened a few years ago when Payton Manning was the pre-season choice for the Heisman, had a good year and did nothing to loose the award but fell victim to overexposure and too much hype. People were sick of hearing about him. I live in Tn. and I got sick of hearing about him.

Point being, there is still alot of football to be played and if he is deserving more than someone else when it is all said and done, he will get the award.