Gallatin versus Hendersonville

GWAVE1

Gallatin's players are pumped for this game already. They are ready to put last week behind them, and play like they know they can. Hendersonville is going to be no easy team to beat. Gallatin is going to have to shut down the run in order to stay in this game. Kyron Malone is going to be missed on defense. Jair Bell will be taking his place.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to know what I am tired of? I am tired of hearing Gallatin talk about how pumped they are to play a certain week. This year, it was "Payback" against McGavock. Last year, it was what they were gonna do to Hunters Lane, because that was the week they found out they had to forfeit all those games. Every time, it seems like the on-field performance gets worse.

Try this, try just going out and taking care of business on the field instead of talking about what you are gonna do. If you take care of business on the field, people will talk about you, instead of you having to talk about yourself.

I don't know what it is, but Gallatin has really struggled in big game atmospheres the last few years. Not sure if it is the coaches, the preparation(or lack there of), or what, but something is wrong. The Wave wants to talk like they still have that swagger, but they just can't back it up like back in the day. I miss that! Back in the '80's and early '90's, we would stomp a mud hole in ya, walk it dry, and make you thank us for it.

Sensation speaks volumes....

I could care less how "fired up" we are. Last week was ridiculous. I saw one adjustment on defense(it didn't work) , I saw a very poor preformance from a bigger offensive line, I saw little to no emotion, I saw a continuation of a serious turnover problem, I saw very poor play selection, I saw no urgency when being down by a huge margin, I saw no deep ball, I saw another very bad tackling performance and the list goes on. Now contrast that with the Antioch game. Defense was dominant, no missed tackles, lots of emotion,etc. So if you are a Green Wave fan, you have to just sit and wonder.

I haven't seen Hendersonville but from what I read they have a very good ground game and a defense that is steadily improving. They have all the motivation in the world to beat Gallatin this week. And frankly that ain't good.

Gallatin had better play smart and hold onto the ball or this game is over at the half.

Sorry but I have to disagree with a few of my Gallatin folk. The loss last week could prove very devastating. Gallatin has to beat 2 of the next 3 opponents to just make the playoffs. Forget about titles. Lets all take one game at a time.

Losing Malone just adds to our list of problems. And having a former McGavock student bring me a sign some of the cheerleaders made brought to me at work today did not help one bit!!! :angry:

Hendersonvilles ground game is very good. Sawyer has improved drastically since last year. Over 1100 yards already this year is quite amazing. His teammate, Terrell, is also quite the tailback. The defense is improving as well. They had a little bit of trouble with the Colts of Glencliff, with the pass. They stopped the run pretty well in the second half. Hville will be ready come friday. Still have the Commandos winning by 3.