Greatest high school football memory

falconfan94

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is Lincoln County beating Riverdale in "The Pit" 10-9 a few years ago, and then last year, ending the Warriors home winning streak...still the only team to beat Riverdale at home! GO FALCONS!!!

825382431[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, Dickson Co. beat Riverdale at home last year as well. Still it was a good game. I would pick the Smyrna game from last year. I was at the Riverdale game and I was feeling the suspense from just hearing the scores over the PA system.

Watching Riverdale beat Hendersonville 35-7 in the 2001 Blue Cross Bowl to cap a 15-0 season. My son played on that team.

As to my personal favorite memory, it would have to be in 1978, playing for the Shannon Red Raiders, when I caught a 72 yard pass against Pontotoc High School. The crowd was going crazy, no one from Pontotoc was even chasing me.

I fell down at the 10 yard line. My dad was the head coach, and when I came off the field, he just shook his head. Not my favorite moment at the time, but it is the first think I remember now that I am old.

At least we scored on the next play.

:) 1978 Sevier County came to Madison High School in Nashville. I remember having 2 line man look down at my 5'9'', 170lb defensive tackle body and laughing during the first play of the game and saying" Your going to try to get through us". A few plays later, I made a 27 yard touchdown off of a blocked pass. We scored over 40 points on them and they outweighed us by 50 lbs per player and all seemed 7 ft tall.

The next day I was working on one of the rides at the old Opryland Park and their team was visiting the park and I asked them what they were doing in town and they said to play a football game. As I looked up at them and I asked them how they had done and they said not too well. They said they had played a bigger and faster team on Friday night. Once I told them who I was and what number I was they dropped their heads and walked away.

Yes, it’s not the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the Dog.

It was great to be a Madison Ram! thumb

My best high school memory is my junior year 01 when we beat CPA in the last few mins of the game. We were on like our ten or maybe even closer to the goalline with 90 something yards to go and we had like 130 left to go in the game and we drove down and scored to win the game on a last sec touchdown.GOOD MEMORIES BACK IN CWOOD

Scottie Rich #3

Playoffs last year. we played riverdale, and pulled out every trick play. i was a gaurd and we did a motified fumble-roosky i ran it for 20 yards and got knocked out on the riverdale sidelines. got up and got some crappy things said so i hit some dude in the face, worth the penalty.

as a team had to be the region championship of 2002.