Teams that could suprise?

Guest Oakland

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with you again blackandgold. McMinn has a good core group of Juniors a couple of good sophmores. and a couple of talented freshman. but then you add in the seniors they have and they just look good. but McMinn is also supposed to be strong this year. with Blake Cobb returning and Justin Hicks a year older and a year wiser and better. the county rivalry should be interesting this year just like every year.

I think Greenbrier will definitely be a surprise. They compete in one of the best districts in Middle TN with both David Lipscomb and Martin Luther King. They gave both teams a run for their money last year and they will all be competing for that 1st place in the district standings this season. Greenbrier has now, some of the best shooters and scorers, that they've had in a long time. They play so well together so it will be exciting to see how they finish this year.

I think Ezell will surprise everyone this year. They only lost 1 player from last years team and have a 6'8" center that will dominate. Also this is their second year under Coach Jason Piercey and they will be overlooked since they are in the same district as CPA.

825384482[/snapback]

I dont think Ezell will be over looked this season. Everyone in the region knows they have a great coach in Jason Piercey and that they are returning most of thier key players. Lackey really started to step it up in the second half of last season and showed that he has potential to carry his team. Aaron Duke can drain it from anywhere on the court. I look for Ezell to have a pretty good season.

I think Greenbrier will definitely be a surprise.  They compete in one of the best districts in Middle TN with both David Lipscomb and Martin Luther King.  They gave both teams a run for their money last year and they will all be competing for that 1st place in the district standings this season.  Greenbrier has now, some of the best shooters and scorers, that they've had in a long time.  They play so well together so it will be exciting to see how they finish this year.

825384544[/snapback]

I was wondering if anyone would say something about Greenbrier. With all of our football, volleyball, golf, softball, and baseball success in the past couple of years, the basketball team looks to complete the cycle and continue Greenbrier's run of good athletic programs. GB will definitely have the size, speed, shooting, and defense to compete in their district and region and hopefully farther than that. With all the talk of Bolivar, Giles Co., and Raleigh Egypt this year, many teams are going to be overlooked until later on in the season. I think two of those teams will come from district 8-AA, Greenbrier and MLK. Wait till we are about 4 or 5 weeks into the season and see if these two teams aren't talked about alot more.

Edited by catsbball1

Liberty Crusaders are going to be the biggest surprise team this year. If they are not better than Bolivar they will give them one of their best games all year long. They have just got one of North Carolina's finest in Brandon Evans and have 4 starters returning and Brandon more than feels that role. They have one of the best sophmore classes in the state according to unapproved website.com. They will be a very solid team this year and will surprise a lot of you.