Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldtimeballer,  just as a temple fan, I am very curious, as many are, who you are.  Who are you?  or Will you ever tell us who you are?  I can't figure it out and its driving me crazy.

825518618[/snapback]

Still someone who knows who you are.

That's still all I can tell ya, SC.

By the way, I was glad to see you playin' again on Friday and Saturday.

He's awesome. Maybe a contender for the "Mr. Basketball" award. he'll play college ball somewhere probably football. I wonder where the Whittaker kid will play....I'll tell ya. NO WHERE......Sikes took harder hits than that all season so blow that somewhere else. :unsure:

825496495[/snapback]

Sikes is walking on at Alabama, Whitaker will be back another year at Mt. Pleasant. He's just a junior. Oh by the way Whitaker took part in the US Army National Scouting Combine in San Antonio Texas. Its for the top juniors in America.

But where's the height?????

You've got some great ball handlers in Newsom and and Skogens and a shooter in Seth and Sean....but Seth isn't gonna be able to handle many big guys down in the post by himself....I see Temple having a good year this year but I think another Banner is out of the question....

825386332[/snapback]

I've been concerned many times this season when Temple comes up against some height, but it just has not seemed to be that much of a factor. They tend to be able to adjust to the situation pretty well. If they can't go inside, they shoot from outside. Caleb's ability to drive and manuever in the paint draws fouls from the big guys, who sometimes can't resist a possible opportunity to pack his shot, and I think if they front the big guys and are alert on the help side, they can still prevail against height. I think if they can avoid foul trouble in the 'Boro they will win state again.