Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple is definately the team to beat especially with Skogan but, has anyone mentioned Clay County, I believe they are 4-0 and have beat some good teams, Unaka, Volunteer, and Gordonsville. They are ranked number 4 in the state right now on Coacht. I'm not saying they're the top contender for state. I'm just saying teams need to watch out for them. They have a lot of talent and are fundamentally sound. Any thoughts?

Quoting creeker67, "You Lander people only like Chambers because he gave you a win last year.. As Cline stated he only average 6 points in the Boro' Unaka will win the conference for the 150th straight time. I think they won the first championship when they started that Egg Fight thing.

Greatest experience ever is winning a basketball state championship and anyone that was there can testify to this. Only way Cloudland will get in the State Tournament is to buy a ticket...

Temple will be tough this year they have had those same kids now for about eight years... bout like Midway when they had Krich for eight +years. Right ol' Buddy. And Landers ask ol Krich what he did to your team when he played at Unaka. When they had real football, where they wore hats instead of Helmets, and used their real shoulders without padding them... Just ask Krich!"

GO RANGERS

Hey creeker,

So what on earth does my 937 yards and 11 touchdowns against the Highlanders in our 45-16 victory of 1973 have to do with anything? Ya'll are making my ole bald headed face blush. Oh, so 11 TDs is more than 45 points? Well, then you just read that creeker post again: I took my math classes at Midway Elementary.... for the whole 11 years I was there. :D

But, anyway, that was back in the day.... before the King ruled the gridiron.

Bottom Line: It looks like a lot of woulda-coulda-shoulda over last season from down the state.

I have to think that dem dar EAGLES of COSBY will be one of the teams in Murfreesboro. Unless ole Blakely gets injured by bumping his head on the ceiling at some ole gym. That guy can go up, up and away.

And NO WAY are my MIGHTY FIGHTIN' RANGERS not gonna make it back.

But seriously folks, I'm just taking a break from arguing with my friends the reporter/sports editor from the Press and his attorney friend in the Ladies Forum.

The good news is: Wherever I wander the King is there. Cline, just you and the "youngun" keep em busy here while I get myself arrested for fightin' for our Lady Rangers. I'll be talking to you guys again in that little "media room" next March. Anybody think thay're good enough to join us.... well, do what Cline said and "earn it on the hardwood."

:D:D:D

Rangers Rock!

Quoting creeker67,  "You Lander people only like Chambers because he gave you a win last year.. As Cline stated he only average 6 points in the Boro' Unaka will win the conference for the 150th straight time. I think they won the first championship when they started that Egg Fight thing.

Greatest experience ever is winning a basketball state championship and anyone that was there can testify to this. Only way Cloudland will get in the State Tournament is to buy a ticket...

Temple will be tough this year they have had those same kids now for about eight years... bout like Midway when they had Krich for eight +years. Right ol' Buddy. And Landers ask ol Krich what he did to your team when he played at Unaka. When they had real football, where they wore hats instead of Helmets, and used their real shoulders without padding them... Just ask Krich!"

GO RANGERS

Hey creeker,

So what on earth does my 937 yards and 11 touchdowns against the Highlanders in our 45-16 victory of 1973 have to do with anything?  Ya'll are making my ole bald headed face blush.  Oh, so 11 TDs is more than 45 points?  Well, then you just read that creeker post again: I took my math classes at Midway Elementary.... for the whole 11 years I was there.  :lol:

But, anyway, that was back in the day.... before the King ruled the gridiron.

Bottom Line: It looks like a lot of woulda-coulda-shoulda over last season from down the state. 

I have to think that dem dar EAGLES of COSBY will be one of the teams in Murfreesboro.  Unless ole Blakely gets injured by bumping his head on the ceiling at some ole gym.  That guy can go up, up and away.

And NO WAY are my MIGHTY FIGHTIN' RANGERS not gonna make it back.

But seriously folks, I'm just taking a break from arguing with my friends the reporter/sports editor from the Press and his attorney friend in the Ladies Forum. 

The good news is: Wherever I wander the King is there.  Cline, just you and the "youngun" keep em busy here while I get myself arrested for fightin' for our Lady Rangers.  I'll be talking to you guys again in that little "media room" next March.  Anybody think thay're good enough to join us.... well, do what Cline said and "earn it on the hardwood." 

;)  :D  :D 

Rangers Rock!

825457334[/snapback]

Well, they beat Temple both times they played last year.... so woundn't that make Temple one of the worst team in Chattanoga for the 03-04 season? Just a casual observation. thumb

825469184[/snapback]

Hmmm, I thought they traded wins with Temple, I wouldnt call McCallie the worst team in Chattanooga, that would definitley be Creative Arts. Anyway didn't Grace beat the Big Blue by 10 last year... Just somthing to think about.

I'd keep an eye on Wayne Co.

They're off to a great start with a 6-0 record.

Not too sure of their competition thus far -- but from I've heard they're not a pushover team. Should be interesting to see what happens.

825464563[/snapback]

I think that their competition has been pretty tough so far. They have beaten 2 AAA teams and have beaten 3 AA teams.

Edited by RENO911