Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

Cosby will go to the state this seaon. Timmy Blakley could be the best player to ever play inside for the Eagles. It will be tough replacing Kent and Kevin. Coach Moore thinks this group juniors will be special. As for Unaka I don't think they will get to the state if they have to play us. And to Cline, Chambers was by far the best player for Unaka. You rode him the all season long. Not only did he win the game against us with the three but how many did he win with his passing? It's hard to replace someone who can score, yet pass and be a team leader. Our team will find out how hard it will be to replace Kevin Hall. As for Rusty I will never forget his passing against Tennessee Temple and Grace Academy. I pulled up on TSSAA web-site he had 12 and 13 the final two games and shot 100 percent 12 of 12 from the foul line with 8 assists in one game. Collins had 16 in the finals. They will be hard to replace. Even though you beat us some Cosby people were there pulling for you. Cosby knows Unaka will be good but I think we might be as good or better than last year. Rockwood could be back.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey blue, did I dare say Chambers was by far not any good? No I don't think I did. Of course you are going to think he's marvelous, because yeah, he did put you all out with a last second shot. What about Cline's last second shot to win district, Holtsclaw's last second put-back against UH in regionals, or McCann's buzzer-beater against FRA. Just thought I'd refresh your memory. Unaka sure will miss the senior trio of the state champs team, don't get me wrong at all.

By the way, all those last second shots were by juniors thumb .

Anyways, how is Rockwood going to fair. I hear they will still be descent. And so will CPA?

CPA looks good on paper but they had great chemistry last year, which does not always hold over for a year. They also will have to have Sikes guard everyone's big man, which will be a problem when they play Ezell. I think Ezell will win that district with CPA a close second. I believe these 2 teams are way ahead of everyone else in that district and I think both of those teams will be in the state tourney this year.

You Lander people only like Chambers because he gave you a win last year..  As Cline stated he only average 6 points in the Boro'  Unaka will win the conference for the 150th straight time.  I think they won the first championship when they started that Egg Fight thing. 

Greatest experience ever is winning a basketball state championship and anyone that was there can testify to this.  Only way Cloudland will get in the State Tournament is to buy a ticket...

Temple will be tough this year they have had those same kids now for about eight years...  bout like Midway when they had Krich for eight +years.  Right ol' Buddy.  And Landers ask ol Krich what he did to your team when he played at Unaka.  When they had real football, where they wore hats instead of Helmets, and used their real shoulders without padding them... Just ask Krich!

GO RANGERS

825399310[/snapback]

Chambers didn't give us no win. We showed heart and came back and won the game. At least I don't say Craig cooke give you all the win in the district tournament. As for ole Krich, he was a good one, but look what Cloudland has done to Unaka for the last 23 years, hehe :P

First of all, I am not a big Temple fan. I never have been and never will be but---

I think Temple will be one of the strongest teams in class A. Seth and Caleb are better than Jake and the other Wadley and they do have a supporting cast.

All I know is that the Chattanooga region has had a team in the state finals for the last four years I believe and with the exception of last year, brought the gold ball back to the Nooga for three straight years.

I am glad the game is played on the court and not on the boards. Looking forward to great basketball season.

Edited by mtnman

Well mactownwarrior, What surprise is that? Everyone already knows about Puckett. If you shut him down, McEwen will lose...simple. I think it will be a good matchup inside with Puckett and 6'8" Lackey. Other than that I don't see a surprise.

825402839[/snapback]

Everybody can keep thinking that McEwen has no one else besides Puckett. That won't bother the McEwen players any. But it will bother all of yalls fans when they are yelling at your team because no one is stopping Smith, Elrod, or Diviney, along with Puckett. Not to mention the great D that McEwen had last year and will have this year. It takes a team to play great D like McEwen does.

Because of the players they have returning, Temple, Grace, CPA and Greenfield would have to be considered "odds-on" favorites to return to Murfreesboro at the end of this season. One huge problem for either Temple or Grace is that one of them will probably have to travel to Pickett County in order to make it past the sectionals. This will be tough.

With that qualifier, I believe that anything less than a return trip to Rutherford County in March of 2005 will be a major disappointment for these teams.