Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

who will be the top contender in 1A this year? What's everyone's predictions?

It seems like everyone is leaving out the Grace Christian Academy Rams in Knoxville. We are currently 15-0 and are ranked number 1 statewide in the win/loss rankings. Not saying we are the best team in the state but I think we will be a contender this year and next for we have no seniors, (Only sophmores and juniors)..........LOOOK OUT !!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Temple will win the 1A state championship this season. This team has alot of chemistry and with the development of Jeremy Sexton this team is a heavy contender for the championship. The team is very impressive, if you haven't seen them play you need to get out and watch them. I only hope I can get Jeremy to consider playing a little pigskin next year as well. He could be lethal with the ball in his hands. Keep up the good work guys.

Temple will have there hands full in the state tournment whoever they play. Lake County, Union City, or Humboldt. I dont think they can beat any of them personally.

What makes you think Temple can't beat any of those teams?

Well because these teams can do it all. A lot of east and middle tennessee people on coach t refer that west tennessee can't play defence. Well a lot of are offence is generated by our defence. We like to run and press over here. With the athletes that are over here it is very difficult to win and beat one of these teams.

• 2 weeks later...

There has not been too much talk on here about Tn. Temple lately. What's going on with their team? Someone told me that a couple of their players quit the team. Is that true or just rumors? And are they even a legitimate contender for state? I know they have a couple of big games coming up against CSAS and Grace. I'm going to predict that one of these teams will beat them. What does everyone else think?

There has not been too much talk on here about Tn. Temple lately. What's going on with their team? Someone told me that a couple of their players quit the team. Is that true or just rumors? And are they even a legitimate contender for state? I know they have a couple of big games coming up against CSAS and Grace. I'm going to predict that one of these teams will beat them. What does everyone else think?

Who quit?

Union City will go to Murfreesboro and bring home Gold Ball #5......

Reasons Why??...

1.Coaching...UC has four state championships..All those championships were won by the guys on the bench...Shane Sisco won his first in his first attempt..Marty,who assists Shane(actually the statastician)Micheal Hart is the assistant,has three of those Gold Balls....

2.Style of Play.....Run and Gun..In your Face...32 Minutes of Heck...Nobody in 1A runs it the way UC does..It's controlled chaos..You might hang for a couple of quarters..But you better have a deep,TALENTED bench..If not you will be blown out of the gym...

3.Stamina...Union City just got finished playing in The Battle for the State Tournament in Nashville...They played their style of ball for 12 quarters straight on three consecutive days...They were not tired at all and after fighting four time Div.II state champion Brentwood Acd. down to the wire in a 2 pt loss,they responded the next day with a 102 point effort against a White House team that is expected to make noise in Murfreesboro....

4.Attitude....These guys are winners..They have a winning coaching staff...They EXPECT to win EVERY game they play..Nobody thought they would stay in the game with BA...76-74 is hanging pretty good i'd say....Nobody in 1A could beat BA but UC almost did it.....

Reasons why they might not.....

1.You never know what will happen in the injury department...Union City is thin numbers..Numbers,not depth...They cannot withstand too many injuries at once..

2.You never know what will happen in the tournaments...If Union City gets to the region championship game,mark it down,they will win the state championship,win or lose the region championship game....People statewide will hear more about Lake County and Humboldt...Those two are very talented and are the ONLY 1A teams that could beat the Tornadoes on any given night...AND keep them out of the state tournament....Lake County was 31-5 last year and didn't make the tourney...It's not too far a stretch to say UC could have that type of record this year and not make the tournament..All three of the Big Three in District 14A will will 25+ games this year....

It is a shame that one of those three will stay at home every year! UC LAKE COUNTY AND HUMBOLDT should be 1,2,3 in the polls. The rest of the state is playing for third and fourth or maybe if there lucky runner up! Too much in the west.

sbl