Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City and Lake County are the two that will prob meet in the finals IMO as no-one else has proved to me that they are on their level. Granted, I have not seen the East TN teams play, only going from past experiences and looking at schedules and results.

Union City's record is now 30-3. Lake County is now 25-6 with three of those loses to #1 ranked Union City.

There has only been one TN team that has beaten UC this season and that was Brentwood Academy by two pts in a holiday tournament.

Some other impressive wins against bigger schools are as follows:

Defeated AA Haywood 89-88 at Haywood in first game of season.

Defeated AA Boliver Central 91-57 at Boliver. (the score was 63-17 at half in this game)

Defeated AA Covington 91-55 at tournament.

Defeated AA White House 102-76 at Holiday Tournament.

Although losing, Lake County seems to be the only team that has played UC tough of late. UC has blown big leads in all three games played against them, 18pts, 15pts, and 18pts last night. LC was good however at creating the comeback and kudos to their effort and talent.

In the two games against Humboldt, H-boldt played it close for about 2 1/2 quarters before UC built there lead.

With all this, I believe that we will see an all 14a UC/LC match-up for the championship.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• One of the biggest loosing teams in Mid-State are the Macon County Tigerettes. I have noticed that the roster is smaller than in the years past. All the senior's have quit. We have a great group of Jr High players coming up. I sure hope they don't loose them, like they have lost so many others this year. With this young group of girls coming up, a weaker district, they should have no problem going to State. 
    • It was updated this season, because I did it.  Linder is the school's all-time leading rusher at 5,156 yards with 2,436 of those coming in 2014. 
    • Oh, I’m sure you did. Maybe you heard just a rumor, but considering we have a football practice field and a soccer field that’s frequently used for lacrosse games and practices, I highly doubt it. Let me change that. I know for a fact that didn’t happen.   Glad you finally stopped attacking a bunch of high school students, but still obsessed with the coaching staff for some unknown reason, even though you could name more than three (at most) coaches without looking it up. But now come up with something else.
    • You really mean the Price twin boys and Lyin Larry.
    • Now that wouldn’t surprise me a bit. That has been going on heavily since the days of Larry Kerr @ AC. One of the major reasons CC has never really had much at all, barring about 2 seasons in football. AC milks it dry.