Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see anyone beating Union City this season...unless its Lake County, they are the only team I see it happening to. And that would only happen if LC had a hot night and UC was cold. I'm going with Union City, for the repeat!

I dont think that is the case. Union city and Lake County are a good match up for both. Lake County has a problem with full court pressure that union city applys but union city has trouble scoring when lake county plays a zone. Lake County has trouble Stopping Mj. Union city has trouble stopping Brandon. So i think its a even matchup. Only thing that union city has is deph and that tends to win a lot of ballgames. But take this for thought in the tournment teams usually shorten the bench alittle so instead of 10 players you play it might be only 8 players. So i wonder if union city will play players like ryan and Cam alot of min in big games with humboldt and lake county. i think that pat lavan and andre will play alot of min in thoughs games off the bench.

I dont think that is the case. Union city and Lake County are a good match up for both. Lake County has a problem with full court pressure that union city applys but union city has trouble scoring when lake county plays a zone. Lake County has trouble Stopping Mj. Union city has trouble stopping Brandon. So i think its a even matchup. Only thing that union city has is deph and that tends to win a lot of ballgames. But take this for thought in the tournment teams usually shorten the bench alittle so instead of 10 players you play it might be only 8 players. So i wonder if union city will play players like ryan and Cam alot of min in big games with humboldt and lake county. i think that pat lavan and andre will play alot of min in thoughs games off the bench.

M.J. hit about 3 three's in the first half against Lake Co and in the 2nd half Sep guarded him and made it a lot tougher..If we can stay close and keep Sep out of foul trouble..maybe he could guard Brown ..I probably wouldn't start him guarding Brown because that could lead to foul trouble early..but if Sep only had 1 or 2 fouls at the half,I'd have him guarding Brown the 2nd half..If Lake Co can keep their starters on the floor ,I like our chances..But if we get some officials that call a lot of touch fouls in the tournaments..we could be going home early....I really believe the officiating will be the key to how far we go..Keep Channin and Sep ,Springer and Russel on the floor ,we'll be ok..Put them on the bench against Humboldt,Union City or a team close to that calibre..count it as a loss!

M.J. hit about 3 three's in the first half against Lake Co and in the 2nd half Sep guarded him and made it a lot tougher..If we can stay close and keep Sep out of foul trouble..maybe he could guard Brown ..I probably wouldn't start him guarding Brown because that could lead to foul trouble early..but if Sep only had 1 or 2 fouls at the half,I'd have him guarding Brown the 2nd half..If Lake Co can keep their starters on the floor ,I like our chances..But if we get some officials that call a lot of touch fouls in the tournaments..we could be going home early....I really believe the officiating will be the key to how far we go..Keep Channin and Sep ,Springer and Russel on the floor ,we'll be ok..Put them on the bench against Humboldt,Union City or a team close to that calibre..count it as a loss!

you say that but i like the way the roberson kid has played. He can shoot and that will be of use in the tournment. i like the chances of lake county. But i think that springer is the key.

I thought when Lavan Mosley was in,he put the clamps on Sep @ Tiptonville....Looked like Sep was surprised by being guarded by someone with comparable quickness.....Union City has been using alot of players and developing depth for a state tourney run....Lake County is hurting depth-wise...They are also hurting when it comes to playing smart with fouls and it seems like this year in particular they are hurting coaching wise.....Lake County also has trouble defending the perimeter to the extent you have to to play Union City..UC is a team full of guards and all of them will pull the trigger on the three ball..You might have four guys playing tough and one loafing and you get a three on you..It's frustrating because when they do miss they crash the boards relentlessly and those 5'10"-6'0" guards turn into 6'6" forwards and tip in a shot.....Officiating is only a problem when you let it get in your head....At Humboldt this year,Union City was seemingly getting hosed..Humboldt was shooting the double bonus in the first quarter and Humboldt's crowd was going nuts..Union City stuck to their game plan,was able to substitute and keep players from fouling out and was eventually able to wear down an athletic Humboldt squad and pick up a 18 point win.....In the UC-LC game in T'ville,UC surged out with a big run right before half with three subs on the floor....UC is going to be tough to beat...

I thought when Lavan Mosley was in,he put the clamps on Sep @ Tiptonville....Looked like Sep was surprised by being guarded by someone with comparable quickness.....Union City has been using alot of players and developing depth for a state tourney run....Lake County is hurting depth-wise...They are also hurting when it comes to playing smart with fouls and it seems like this year in particular they are hurting coaching wise.....Lake County also has trouble defending the perimeter to the extent you have to to play Union City..UC is a team full of guards and all of them will pull the trigger on the three ball..You might have four guys playing tough and one loafing and you get a three on you..It's frustrating because when they do miss they crash the boards relentlessly and those 5'10"-6'0" guards turn into 6'6" forwards and tip in a shot.....Officiating is only a problem when you let it get in your head....At Humboldt this year,Union City was seemingly getting hosed..Humboldt was shooting the double bonus in the first quarter and Humboldt's crowd was going nuts..Union City stuck to their game plan,was able to substitute and keep players from fouling out and was eventually able to wear down an athletic Humboldt squad and pick up a 18 point win.....In the UC-LC game in T'ville,UC surged out with a big run right before half with three subs on the floor....UC is going to be tough to beat...

You don't have to tell me about those officials at Humboldt..I believe we had about 20 more fouls called on us also..I believe someone said they use those Jackson affiliated officials..I've got a funny feeling that we may be seeing them in our district tournament and then maybe Memphis officials in the region..If we see them in the tournaments..it seems like Humboldt would have a little bit of an edge as the officials will have seen them several times..I believe I've seen the woman official and the older man that officiated the Humboldt -Lake Co game doing our tournaments..The older guy is just terrible..U.C.-Lake Co pace is too much for him..