region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad has been talking to Coach Cottrell and said that David hunt may not be wrestling this year. I also talked with Jeff Hunt and he mentioned that he wasn't going to be wrestling either. Speroff may be very big this year. I'm only guessing, but I say in the 130 range, but I'm not sure.

Who will be tough at 152 & 160 in Region 8?

Where will Borneman go this season? 152 or 160

825398398[/snapback]

Even though we are not technically in Region 8 most of the guys in Region 8 will wrestle us several times throughout the season. Doug Taylor from SBA is expecting to go 160 this year (moving up from 145 last year). I think we will give plenty of the guys in the region some tough competition.

Dragon12.

I can't believe that there might not be a Hunt in the line-up for Collierville this year, something definitely seems wrong with that. To be hoenst no surprise on Speroff though, he always looked like he was going to bulk up at some point. I think that would be a very good weight for Shawn.

Shawn has been getting pretty big the last couple years. He barely made the certification for 119 last year. His brother was like 135 his senior year, and with the new certification rules, I figured he'd be in that range. This year he will be tougher because he won't lose much strength from cutting weight.

Shawn has been getting pretty big the last couple years. He barely made the certification for 119 last year. His brother was like 135 his senior year, and with the new certification rules, I figured he'd be in that range. This year he will be tougher because he won't lose much strength from cutting weight.

825401664[/snapback]

I definitely agree with you about Shawn and his being much stronger. I remember his brother too... I wonder who would win that match...

if I had to choose between Brandon or Shawn in their senior years, I would probably pick Shawn because I have wrestled him before and  I think he may have more skill. Just my opinion.

825403146[/snapback]

That was my guess to Dragon12. All we want on this board anyway are opinions :). After having seen them both wrestle I think my money would be on Shawn as well but that could be just because he is more fresh in my mind...