Bearden

bdog3741

After watching the Dogs fall again tonight to the former winless South Doyle, The saddest thing was not only watching the Players, who played hard all night, lose but knowing that they are a much better team than what they are preforming up to.

Bearden is a program heading in the wrong direction. 1-7 right now. Any Dog fans out there have any ideas as to what can be done to turn this around?

By the way I just want to say that there was one bright moment out there tonight. When the QB for bearden went down hurt and missed a few plays, he was the first on the sidelines patting the Freshman qb on the back when he came in one series and did a great job. From where I was sitting this looked like a first class kid we have playing qb at bearden.

Edited by bdog3741

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Pickle played with heart tonight. For the first time this season the coaches put him at LB in addition to his QB duties, and his fatigue manifested itself in the form of cramps during the second half; however, he was the first to encourage backup Dawson Halliday, and played with everything he had when he came back into the game on two separate occasions. Bearden had a tough night, but the Bulldogs' leadership was there from beginning to end.

Eric Pickle played with heart tonight.  For the first time this season the coaches put him at LB in addition to his QB duties, and his fatigue manifested itself in the form of cramps during the second half; however, he was the first to encourage backup Dawson Halliday, and played with everything he had when he came back into the game on two separate occasions.  Bearden had a tough night, but the Bulldogs' leadership was there from beginning to end.

825383498[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said about Pickle from every game and practice ive watched he seems to be a 110% type player. Along with several other of the Bulldog players.

I also agree that Bearden had a tough night tonight. Unfortunately there has been many of them lately. Something seams to be lacking with this program. Ill be the first to say that we dont have the talent of a 10-0 team. But I do believe that we are atleast are at the talent level to be 500. You watch all the games WesVols, and are familair with the program. Where are we lacking right now? We were 3-7 last year but were in every game that we lost. Different story this year. Sure is frustrating to many of us parents.

One of the problems I personally feel is that our players are just worn down by the second half. We play some where in the neighborhood of 15 to 17 kids all game long with very,very, few subs. There are another 50 or so on the side lines is there not any one else on the sidelines who can come in and play? With that many kids why did we even have to play Pickle at LB tonight?

I dont have any answers and im not even sure if i know all the questions. But I do know that we are not a 1-7 type of team and that these kids work to hard and deserve better than this record.

If you know something i dont help me to understand, cause id sure like to.

I'd rather not comment on anything other than positive stuff; I'll let people closer to the program voice their opinions, though a message board isn't the best place to do it.

825383539[/snapback]

I agree with you. Thats why i mentioned Pickle. Trust me as a parent of a player I want nothing but positive for this team. However, when indifference is all you meet from the "people closer to the program" you have to go somewhere. If you would like WesVols give me an email and ill explain myself better to you with out going on here.

This is my take on the Bearden situation. First of all they have lots of tallent but no disapline. Throwing helmets, fighting on the sidelines and disrespecting coaches, and players not paying attention to drills during practise and choosing not to participate is very uncalled for. Secondly they dont hit full speed in practise. Ive stood on the hill for two years and I have not seen a full speed tackling or blocking drills and it shows on Friday nights. Some on this topic wrote Bearden needs to look at what other Schools and Coaches are doing . So on that note you got to get players in the weight room after the season and not January like Maynard wants to, you cant build strength or bulk by just looking at the weights. The boosters have done a fantastic job and getting Maynard tools to build on a struggling program but he fails to use them correctly.

So on that note  you got to get  players in the weight room after the season and not January like Maynard wants to, you cant build strength or bulk by just looking at the weights.  The boosters have done a fantastic job and getting Maynard tools to build on a struggling program but he fails to use them correctly.

With all due respect, we spend about 9-10 months out of the year doing something football involved. Many players, such as I, take an initiative and work out by themselves or with each other following the season. Not to mention the guys that play winter and spring sports. I used to come at 6:45 in the morning to lift three days a week and then stay after 2 hours for a hellish track practice sore and beaten. The best thing that can possibly happen after this season is a break. We have had a long stretch and I know a lot of us are ready for some down time. But not until this season is over. We have two games left to play.

Guys, as I was walking of the field I left everything on last night, many thoughts came to my mind last night. But this one stuck in my head: its just a game. It means more to me than that so often, but it really is just a game. But with all the time we as players have put into it, it means so much more, and that is what is so frustrating about this season. I found myself for the first time last night with no explanation for what happened. That alone speaks for how I feel about it.

One thing we can do is take the team across the field from us as an example. For 20 games, they felt like we did last night. But I know the feeling they had last night was 100 times better. Things got better for them last night and they will for us. Keep on keeping on.

Edited by BHSfootball