HERITAGE VS WILLIAM BLOUNT

HHS5552

GovMan,

Why don't you tell that to all the players on both WB and Heritage football programs? Every game is relevant to them, just like every other athlete in the world! Sounds to me as if the Rebels will roll over whoever they please, so go tell them that their game is irrelevant! I bet they'd laugh at you! Every game matters! It can add or subtract to a team mentally, something as "irrelevant" as back to back wins could jump-start one of these teams...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GovMan,

Why don't you tell that to all the players on both WB and Heritage football programs?  Every game is relevant to them, just like every other athlete in the world! Sounds to me as if the Rebels will roll over whoever they please, so go tell them that their game is irrelevant!  I bet they'd laugh at you! Every game matters! It can add or subtract to a team mentally, something as "irrelevant" as back to back wins could jump-start one of these teams...

825393987[/snapback]

D-back,

You might want to go back and read my post. I think you might have intended your message to RebelRaider??? I think we're agreeing friend. I believe the game is VERY relevant.

To Goldball, I heard this evening that perhaps some Heritage students might have been up to some "hijinks" at Governor stadium. Don't know any details.

A great deal of vandalism did take place on Wednesday evening here at WBHS. A lot of red spray paint on the press box and on the scoreboard. The underlying theme of the vandalism was that Mike White Field was not the Home of the Governors; instead, we were the Home of the B****es. Interesting point made by our crosscounty rivals. I usually believe that a lot of these things are inside jobs. This one, however, is not. There is a great deal of cleaning to be done.

Vandalism is part a of a great rivalry, whether it's fair, just or called for. It will make the blood boil a lil more. I can remember WB kids painting our press box in 87 or 88. We DRILLED them in the ensuing game. All anyone at Maryville could think of all day was how bad we were gonna stomp them.

There's been lots of vandalism in the Maryville/Alcoa rivalry. It's part of it guys. Look at it this way, at least you know your kids care about the game and really that PROVES the game's relevance...at least to some.

GO COUNTY SCHOOLS!! thumb

if heritage hold blount under 40 i will give everyone on coacht a dollar

wb 47

heritage 20

825388784[/snapback]

If Heritage wins I will be wanting that dollar :P

This will be a good game. I was talking to a budy of mine awhile back that is a Heritage fan. He told me that Heritage has had more success against Maryville and Alcoa than they have against William Blount in the last 10 years. He said that Heritage has lost 8 in a row and 9 out of the last 10 to William Blount. I know that Heritage will come out fired up in this game. I think William Blount's backfield will be the difference.It will be a close game though. I predict WB to win 21-20.

Those darn Mountaineer hooligans ...coming down and painting on our "Mike White Field" scoreboard ... that's akin to some of our hooligans coming up and damaging the "woodshed". It's just not cool.

I guess kids are either more brave--or more stupid--than I was when I was a high school hooligan. I wasn't beyond sneaking over to Alcoa and applying some toilet paper to the trees or sneaking into Heritage's basketball lockeroom and giving some of their player's street clothes a swirly in the toilet, but I just couldn't bring myself to "deface" school property.

But I'm sure Principal Mimi and AD Bradshaw and Coach Rewis will deal appropriately with the perpetrators if indeed they were Heritage students. Let's not let a few bad apples (on either side) spoil a very special night of high school football.

I'm still picking the Gov's. Of course, I always pick the Govs. That's why I AM the GovMan. I hope both teams play well; play their hardest; stay safe; and represent Blount County football in a positive manner.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that as parents, fans, and supporters, it is so important that we model sportsmanship and dignity and character in front of our kids. It will be volatile down there on the field tonight. These are two teams trying to establish themselves. They've known each other and played together and against each other for several years. In the heat of battle, it's easy to "lose it" sometimes and do or say things you later regret. I've know I've been there myself. I'm thankful that people have been understanding and forgiving of me. I pray that tonight, when it's all said and done, regardless of the score or who's on the winning end or losing end, that everyone will be able to walk off the field with their heads up, having been a part of a very special game.

Represent your schools well tonight folks and good luck to both teams.

See you there sis!