JP2 beats Webb

jp2fan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...the game was controlled by Pope John Paul. Knox Webb scored of of a turnover inside the five and and recovered a kickoff at the five yard line! Ryan walker was prety good but didnt really live up to the expectations...everyone said he was unstopable and i ithnk he would say he was contained quite well. JPII's offense played one of their best games of the year, gaining alot of yards on the ground.

Where are all the Webb people who said JP2 would lose this one by 14+? Take away those 2 mistakes in the 3rd quarter and the score would have been much more lopsided...28-0 maybe 35-0. JP2 out ran Webb by about 65 yards and the average per carry was amazing. Great win. Stay focused for next week.

Congratulations Knights--The best first,second, and fourth quarters I have seen you put together against a quality opponent. The third quarter was terrible. Webb did not do it to you, you guys tried to give it away. Great Credit to Coach Brothers

for getting your heads back into the game. Jay Wilson and J.L. had great games on the line tonight opening up huge holes for Brian Sneed, Chuck, Courtney , and of course Golden. The pass from Kyle Bagwell to Golden for the first touchdown was beautiful.

Guys-- This was a GREAT win for the young JPII program. By the way J.L. where are all of those Webb people who stated -- I saw you play Catholic and they were way better than you. You were lucky to only lose by 14... Well - I say, I saw Webb play JPII and Webb really was lucky only to lose by 12. Take away the points JPII handed to them and this is a shutout.

g2ghiking...they had no punts because they went for it everytime on fourth down. They would get down to like the 35 and think they could just punch it in but they were stopped almost everytime.The Knights also had an incredable goal-line stand on fourth and 1 from the 1 when Webb returned a punt to about the 7 yard line. Also, Ryan Walker is a very good player but what were yall sayin? He would get like what...250+? Yea...right, it was a little more like 21 for 94 so nice try guys. I jsut gotta say #51 on Webb was also a great player and I'll be looin forward to facin him again in three weeks.

Edited by Pope 57

i hate to say i told you so, but Webb proved to be 1 dimensional and couldn't throw the ball once their run game was stopped. They didn't punt b/c they had good field position and always went for it on 4th and 5. congrats to JP2 and an early playoff prediction.... JP2 35 Webb 14, this game last night should have been 28-0 but JP2 gave Webb two touchdowns of two mistakes and tried to give them three but a great stop of 4th and goal from the one proved that JP2 was in command.