Region 6a Showdown

thefan02

OK YA'LL THE OLD COACH (YA KNOW HIS NAME) HE WAS A GOOD GUY BUT JUST STUCK IN HIS WAYS . SO THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BAD COACH JUST PEOPLE LOST THERE CONFIDENCE IN HIS PLAYS. AND HIS PLAYERS. THE NEW COACH MIGHT BE A GOOD GUY BUT I DON'T KNOW HIM PERSONALLY BUT I KNOW HE COACHED FOR LC WILDCATS. AND WHEN WE PLAYED LC WITH THE OLD COACH WE ALWAYS WON. SO THAT MAKES THE NEW COACH BAD. NO IT DOES NOT. I'M SORRY THE OLD COACH WAS GOOD AND YA'LL CAN NOT SAY THEY WAS NOT. I TAKE THE OLD COACHING STAFF OVER THE NEW ONE ANY DAY JUST WHAT I THINK.BUT GO MP BEAT THE WILDCATS

GO MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree MPFAN. Not sure about taking that staff over this one but it would be close. People from MP are forgetting that it was just past his prime and he stuck with the old plays. He was a great coach when he first started and throughout his career. but after his prime, things just didnt change but now it has. Both are or were GREAT coaches. But this should not be a concern right now. MP is playing probably the best ball I have ever seen. And tomorrow night is prolly the biggest game of the year. So lets dont make this topic of coaches a distraction and let the boys go out and play hard and beat WC and bring the region championship home!!!!!!

along with the region mvp (webster)!!!!!

GO TIGERS!

Well it's getting near!! This will be the biggest game MP will have had in a long time. MP has looked really strong this year. A stingy Defense, with an unstoppable offense. Wayne Co. has been a big bump in the road for MP over the years. MP has proven they have improved greatly but this is the kind of game that MP has to take to the next level! If they want to be GREAT then it starts Friday night! Even though MP has gotten a lot of ink this year. MP i believe is the underdog friday night! Wayne Co. is the Region Champs from last year, and to be the Top Dog, you gotta knock'em off the Porch. I see MP bringing out there best game of the year ang getting it done! Although Wayne Co. has good athletes. I don't think they have the athletes MP has. If MP plays there A game, no doubt MP will come away with a win! All you got MP!!! Lets do it!!

MPFAN Iam a MP fan too but to say he was a good is wrong!! A good coach adapts with the time. Run right run left was all the plays he run. I herd him say he was their for his 6% in coaches pay plus he said he would not retire just out of spite!!!! And to say you would take him and his coaches over SMITH and what has done is well is PRETTY STUPID!! Look he is a GOOD MAN but was not a GOOD COACH!! Anyways thats my opinion but i think MP will win tomorrow night GO MP TIGERS #1 :D

Mt. Pleasant should win easily, unless penalities and turnovers cause problems(kept Huntland close(21-0)) 11penalties for 100yards :D Drive killers Painful to watch. Ruddle is back for WC , so that might make it tougher. I will still be suprised if WC wins or the game is close. MP has already set a school record for points in a season, outscoring their opponents 413-35 through 8 games. Scoring 51.6ppg allowing only 4.4ppg.

They have a solid line averaging about 230lbs with Sr. Adam Nolen anchoring at 6-4 270lbs(started every game since Fr. year). No one under 200lbs I think, and they are all quick. They move their feet well.

They are solid and fast on defense(fly to the ball), explosive on offense and special teams.

They are loaded with talent for class A, about 20-25 really good football players.

Atheletes:

Jamarcus Webster 6-3 215lbs Sr. has 26 catches for 581 yards 13TDs

and 14 carries for 165 yards and 5 TDs. He has 3TDs (71,49, and 39)returning punts. Responsible for 21TDs. How can he not be Mr. Football?

He should at least be a Finalist.

Caleb Dugger WR, a Junior, is also a versatile player with 9 catches for 117 yards 2TDs, and 13 carries for 173 yards 6 TDs, also a 64 yard punt return for a TD (9TDs in 8 games) He does not get the ball quite enough. My OPINION, for what little it's worth. Throw just a little more to get ready for playoffs.

Very fast. I'd say 4.7 or 4.6 legit speed. People exaggerate 40 time too much though. (Does it seem like I would exaggerate) :)

Theo Fennessee 6-0 210lbs Sr. has 97 carries for 829 yards and 13TDs, and 3 catches for 44 yards, but the two freshmen behind him seem faster??, (he's definitely not slow) but he is stronger(weight room)and more experienced. Started some as Fr.

Freshmen: Both have explosive speed! Fun to watch Sparkman hit the holes and gaps in the line. Good at reading blocks. Very good prospects.

Marco Daily has 38 carries for 387 yards 9TDs

George Sparkman has 32 carries for 259 yards 2TDs and 1 catch for 33 yards.

Lee Davis has 17 carries for 114 yards and 3TDs, and also has a kickoff return of 88 yards for a TD.

Jay Stoops has 15 carries for 112 yards and 2 TDs

There are more numbers on D.

RoRo Fennessee is about to break school record for tackles (330+) He is a great linebacker. Can really hit! Good sideline to sideline.

CB Whitaker, a Jr., has returned an int and a fumble for TDs

Lots of playmakers! More than I have mentioned, on Defense in particular

This is a dangerous football team. I think they have a chance to make some serious noise against (1st round?,CPA,DCA,USJ,and even Boyd) in the playoffs. tough road to Murfressboro. Right now, just a dream for fans,illumni,townsfolk and players. We'll see.

Great job by the coaches. They are probably getting close to the max out of this team. Unbelievable job. thumb

Hard work,heart, luck, and even misfortune will determine who wins or how far MP or WCgoes. Intangibles r important.(i.e. positive attitude, communication skills, guts, just encouraging teammates in the huddle can make a difference, instead of critizing,ect) WHEW! B)

Edited by wuzMP63

I agree MPFAN. Not sure about taking that staff over this one but it would be close. People from MP are forgetting that it was just past his prime and he stuck with the old plays. He was a great coach when he first started and throughout his career. but after his prime, things just didnt change but now it has. Both are or were GREAT coaches. But this should not be a concern right now. MP is playing probably the best ball I have ever seen. And tomorrow night is prolly the biggest game of the year. So lets dont make this topic of coaches a distraction and let the boys go out and play hard and beat WC and bring the region championship home!!!!!!

along with the region mvp (webster)!!!!!

Hey thefan02, this is your next door neighbor. Sure wish i could come home and watch this game. Tape it for me will ya? I will be home on Nov. 2

game time is drawing closer.The game of the year.The region 6-1a championship as well as home field throughout the playoffs.there is alot at stake.Wayne County has had a great practice and are healthy.I believe the key for wayne co. is to keep there penalties to a minimum and turnovers to a minimum.If we can accomplish that I see the region winning streak extending another year.Wayne Co. probally leads the region in penalties but its gonna turn around.go wildcats.We are going to march into the jungle and get-r-done.

wayne co by 4 points

im changing my prediction from my earlier email

boro-33

mphs-29

oh man, I wish I could go to this awsome battle tonight..but can't because of family matters..I wish the best of luck to both teams... please stay health for the playoffs because we're going to need both teams to suprise the Privates come playoff time...Well I see this one being a very close game none of this blowout junk...

WC-28

MP-21

The pressure is on for both teams...

Bring home the "W" Wildcats

Edited by Waynefame

Both Coach Crews and Smith do a terrific job. 7 for WC is a very good football palyer. 2 for MP is a solid QB as well. 6 for WC is as good as any back in the mid state, the kid has heart and talent. 81 for MP is the best player in the Region, one of the best in the mid state.

Hard fought contest that will be decided late. MP defensive backs and special teams will probably be the difference. Good luck to both teams in the playoff's, I believe they both will do well.

Mp 28

WC 14