5A State Championship Predictions?

Devil10

Oakland[/url],Oct 17 2004 - 11:13 AM]i agree with boroballa06, lincoln has a stingy defense but doesnt have much on offense. smyrna is better than lincoln in every part of the game. plus this game will be at smyrna, not at the pit

825385821[/snapback]

You are incorrect my friend. If Lincoln County plays Smyrna in the first round LC will have home field advantage. LC clinched 2nd place in Region 3A and will play the number 3 team from Region 4A at "The Pit." Lincoln County has really gotten better and while I don't expect them to get far I am just glad we will have a home playoff game. We were expected to finish 4th in the region, instead we finish second, not too shabby for a team of 57 (30 of those being sophomores).

Edited by tdluna

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys really don't give Ooltewah or Soddy much of a chance...And I will tell ya and Grad will too.These are not your same old Ooltewah and Soddy teams.....I do believe Mr.Burr that Soddy's head coach Tom Weathers whipped your Riverdale team in the state finals when he was with Red Bank....OH yeah and Ooltewah's record against Oak Ridge is 2-1 not too bad when you are the underdog every time you play them!!!! Go ahead and not give these teams respect..They will make your teams have respect for them cause they are playing with a mean streak a purpose like you have never seen before out of these two teams..And don't be too surprised if one of the two knocks off DB and Then Riverdale...

825385897[/snapback]

Every so often, people start jumping on the Ooltewah bandwagon, then they disappear once the playoffs get started. If Ooltewah knocks off DB, I will give them all the respect in the world. But not until.

You guys really don't give Ooltewah or Soddy much of a chance...And I will tell ya and Grad will too.These are not your same old Ooltewah and Soddy teams.....I do believe Mr.Burr that Soddy's head coach Tom Weathers whipped your Riverdale team in the state finals when he was with Red Bank....OH yeah and Ooltewah's record against Oak Ridge is 2-1 not too bad when you are the underdog every time you play them!!!! Go ahead and not give these teams respect..They will make your teams have respect for them cause they are playing with a mean streak a purpose like you have never seen before out of these two teams..And don't be too surprised if one of the two knocks off DB and Then Riverdale...

825385897[/snapback]

I Am A Fulton Alumni!

I Pick Riverdale To Take State Because Basically All Their Playoff Games Will Be At Home And They Have The Advantage!

Guest Oakland
You are incorrect my friend. If Lincoln County plays Smyrna in the first round LC will have home field advantage. LC clinched 2nd place in Region 3A and will play the number 3 team from Region 4A at "The Pit." Lincoln County has really gotten better and while I don't expect them to get far I am just glad we will have a home playoff game. We were expected to finish 4th in the region, instead we finish second, not too shabby for a team of 57 (30 of those being sophomores).

825386186[/snapback]

thanks for correcting me on that, i had gone under the assumption that 2nd place in region 3 was still up for jabs, congratualtions on clinching it. considering who lincoln lost, yes they have had a good season, oakland has about the same number of sophmores but very few lettermen from last year(only 13)

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 17 2004 - 04:32 PM']thanks for correcting me on that, i had gone under the assumption that 2nd place in region 3 was still up for jabs, congratualtions on clinching it. considering who lincoln lost, yes they have had a good season, oakland has about the same number of sophmores but very few lettermen from last year(only 13)

825386274[/snapback]

Your welcome and thanks for congragulating LC on a 2nd place finish in Region 3. We are happy to be at home for the first playoff game. Although I don't see this team going far we will give the team we play in the first round a challenge. We have gotten really better since we have played Oakland. We really should have won the game against Cookeville, however, our offense was still struggling. I feel our offense is getting better because we aren't depending on Gregory as much. He is actually starting to run for once ! I am glad we can take the last two games as practices for the first round of the playoffs. LC plays Hazel Green (AL) this Friday. The Trojans are 5-2 and have alot on the line. If they lose this game and lose one of their last two region games Hazel Green will be eliminated from the playoffs in Alabama. I am glad that this out of state game will not have any affect on LC making the playoffs or not. The only thing for us is BRAGGING RIGHTS !