5A State Championship Predictions?

Devil10

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
If they play Dobyns-Bennett then that game will be played in Kingsport if db stays #1 and wins out.

825387244[/snapback]

you are incorrect. in even numbered years middle tn gets the homefield advantage during the semis so if riverdale and db were to meet, it would be at the boro, not kingsport.

Make that the last two years a team from the West Bracket won, with Brentwood beating Riverdale in '02.

Injuries, who's hot, officiating, weather, matchups, coaching, all will play a key role in how things pan out.

Every year a big team, or two, gets upset.  Got to see how the playoffs are seeded before we get too crazy.

825386513[/snapback]

Brentwood is a Middle TN team. West and East are not used to designate the brackets so much as the geographic region. Middle TN has dominated 5A football in the number of appearances in the finals for the past few years.

Edited by Riverdale

I like Houston to come out of the West.  I just think with all that competition down there between Germantown, Houston, Bolton, Collierville, etc, that it will pay off.  Of course, Riverdale out of the East.  I don't really think anyone can compete with RiverdaleOoltewah, DB, and Oak Ridge all have great teams, though.  Too bad.

825384852[/snapback]

south doyle has in the bags

DB has Oak Ridge, Riverdale has Smyrna. it could very easily be smyrna-oak ridge in the semis instead of riverdale-db. let it just end at that

825387544[/snapback]

C'mon, Oakland, lighten up - after all the thread is who do you think will play in the championship. But your comment about Smyrna and Riverdale was interesting. I thought Riverdale had put a pretty big hurt on Smyrna earlier this year. Was the game closer than the score or what do you see changing if a rematch occurs?

Roll Tribe!