5A State Championship Predictions?

Devil10

Smyra may be the most un derrated team in the state. Thye got killed by a great Riverdle team on a night Smyrna played awful and riverdale played their best possible game (coach rankin's words not mine)

I'm not saying they should be no#1 or anything but I reall thinks folks don't realize becasue of the riverdale game that this team is very good team.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cat it does show something about smyrna though....That game was hyped up so much by smyrna how could ur guys not be ready for that...they couldnt take the pressure of that game apparently....riverdale will be playing like that when it comes to quarters and semi's. They have been in the situation before and they are ready for it that. since they've been to state the last two years and lost both times i can imagine that is motivation enough to not let down their guards against teams they should beat

Riverdale mauled Smyrna because as Cat said Smyrna played their worst game this year and that was Riverdale's best. Riverdale has been in this situation before in 1999 I believe when they lost to the fourth seeded Dickson Co. team. Smyrna was in this situation in 1998 when they beat Hendersonville pretty bad at Hendersonville only to lose to them at home in the playoffs. The Riverdale game was exactly what Smyrna needed and I doubt they will lose because they want a rematch with Riverdale in RD 3.

Smynra may be the most underrated team in the state. Thye got killed by a great Riverdle team on a night Smyrna played awful and riverdale played their best possible game (coach rankin's words not mine)

I'm not saying they should be no#1 or anything but I reall thinks folks don't realize becasue of the riverdale game that this team is very good  team.

825387830[/snapback]

I just hope Lincoln County doesn't host Smyrna in the first round. So I am pulling for Smryna to defeat Lebanon !

Edited by tdluna

Seems to me that if you play your worst game against a team that plays their best game.....maybe the team that played their best game had something to do with that team playing their worst game. And if that team that played their best game beat you by 45 points, you should be aware that team is much better than you. History says Riverdale plays better in the playoffs. If Smyrna makes it back to Riverdale....Riverdale wins again by more than 45.

Riverdale will play in the simi's against either Oak Ridge or Dobyns-Bennett. Riverdale will be favored in that game. If they win it, they will win the Blue Cross Bowl by at least 4td's.