DB at Campbell Co.

ccDL92

this is a big game for both teams, who ever wins will win the region. at the start of the season no one would of thought that campbell co would be playing for the region championship, to be honest I was just hoping to get a #4 seed this has been a special year.

and for DB I have nothing but respect for them, they have alot of class. thumb

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is this going to be a great event because of the magnitude of the game itself, but it is also going to be special because of two class programs battling it out for the Region 1 5A championship.

This is my rookie season on CoachT (usually a VolQuest or Gridscape poster), but I must say of all of the good interaction among the fans of the respective schools, the "Tribe" fans are the class act.

Not to sound too sentimental, but this game has the story-line of a Rocky movie. The #1 team in the State playing the underdog of underdogs. Nobody outside of the Cougar Nation is even giving Campbell Co. a chance to even stay close in this contest between a perennial state power and the usual cellar dweller of the region. However, those of us who know the young men that make up this special Cougar team BELIEVES in them. Even more importantly, the Cougars believe in themselves.

Will the Cougars have an answer for the potent offensive attack of the Indians? Will the ONE HEARTBEAT of the Cougars be enough to overcome the 78+ roster depth of the powerful #1 team in the State? Do the Cougars have enough left to "go one more round"? Only time will tell . . .

BTW, in regard to the humorous comments about the Cougar's sprinkler system, it appears a Higher Order may be taking care of the field - it has been pouring rain tonight and the forecast calls for 80% tomorrow and more the rest of the week. I'm glad I have my BIG ORANGE poncho!

VolTimesSportsEditor,

That was an excellent piece you did on the 4 Horsemen.  It is very important that these guys get some pressure on DB's QB on Friday.  How do you think they match up with DB's O-Line?

825388666[/snapback]

In one article Duran said the DB Offensive line kept Karns away all night last week. I think they are doing a good job.

VolTimesSportsEditor,

That was an excellent piece you did on the 4 Horsemen.  It is very important that these guys get some pressure on DB's QB on Friday.  How do you think they match up with DB's O-Line?

825388666[/snapback]

Thank you for the kind words about my column. I feel the Horsemen will put the pressure on D-B all night long and their play will open the linebackers up to make some big hits. I look for the defense to come up big, they will have to if we hope to win.

VolViking,

It is good to be sentimental and proud...see, we Indians get ridiculed all the time for our very real sense of pride, for our school, it's tradition, the players and coaches, and the feeling that the games are a test of character, but winning and losing is not the measure of that character, merely the end product of the display of character...As an old D-B Indian, I want all our opponents to have that same school spirit, pride, enthusiasm (whatever you want to call it), that way everyone gets to share that "sentimental" feeling that we all learn something from the effort to succeed...what we achieve is through the effort to succeed...

I like the Rocky deal, but realize your school has more students than D-B and we have many times seen sprinkler systems working overtime (Bearden this year is the most recent example) or grass that has not been cut for a couple of weeks with hash marks attempted anyway, so there is no sympathy here, just respect for what your team has accomplished...but the rain should stop by midday tomorrow, so if it's wet Friday night, we'll know where it came from. ha, ha

You fans should be proud of the Campbell County Cougars, I am...now, realize I want my Indians to win Friday night, but I am happy for you that your team means something to you...because, the team representing my school - Dobyns-Bennett means alot of something to me, too...I am proud and will be Saturday morning regardless of what happens Friday night - whether Rocky or Apollo wins...I'll be proud...but, make no mistake I want to win.

Thanks again for the restaurant advice, congratulations, and good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

VolTimesSportsEditor,

Can we read your articles online anywhere?

825389436[/snapback]

you can go to this site:

volunteertimes.com

clidk on sports icon...

look fo r teh article entitles

pats place

you can find it there... hope you enjoy the article...

the sports editor is one of my favorite peopleof all time...then I have always been kinda prejudiced toward him...

LOL fo rthose of you sho know what I mean!!!

VolViking,

It is good to be sentimental and proud...see, we Indians get ridiculed all the time for our very real sense of pride, for our school, it's tradition, the players and coaches, and the feeling that the games are a test of character, but winning and losing is not the measure of that character, merely the end product of the display of character...As an old D-B Indian, I want all our opponents to have that same school spirit, pride, enthusiasm (whatever you want to call it), that way everyone gets to share that "sentimental" feeling that we all learn something from the effort to succeed...what we achieve is through the effort to succeed...

I like the Rocky deal, but realize your school has more students than D-B and we have many times seen sprinkler systems working overtime (Bearden this year is the most recent example) or grass that has not been cut for a couple of weeks with hash marks attempted anyway, so there is no sympathy here, just respect for what your team has accomplished...but the rain should stop by midday tomorrow, so if it's wet Friday night, we'll know where it came from. ha, ha

You fans should be proud of the Campbell County Cougars, I am...now, realize I want my Indians to win Friday night, but I am happy for you that your team means something to you...because, the team representing my school - Dobyns-Bennett means alot of something to me, too...I am proud and will be Saturday morning regardless of what happens Friday night - whether Rocky or Apollo wins...I'll be proud...but, make no mistake I want to win.

Thanks again for the restaurant advice, congratulations, and good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll

825389440[/snapback]

D-B deserves to be proud they are one of theclassiest and most tradition rich programs in the state.