DB at Campbell Co.

ccDL92

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well shoot, I'm usually pretty good at math but the coacht profile on you says the score was 13 - 3 over JC.  Any way you guys just keep feeling real CONFIDENT and if it isn't Campbell Co. it will be someone else and I doubt you will make it to Murfreesboro to play Rankin and Co. :angry:  :lol:  :huh:

825385258[/snapback]

Son, i don't know where you are getting your info, but you are just making yourself look dumb. Unlike #2 Riverdale, the #1 ranked Dobyns-Bennett Indians dont run up the score just so they can make their opponents look bad. DB ran out the clock on the 10 yrd line against Jeff Co. Unlike Riverdale who tries to break some kind of scoring record, DB conducts themselves with class and respect for their opponents.You should really check your facts before you start posting on topics you have no clue about. Im sure that you don't play football and you have no idea what it is really all about. Maybe you should come to a Db game and see them play and then try to talk bad about the indians.The pollsters recognized the boys playing, and I guess that is why they jumped to #1. Just accept that Riverdale and Dobyns-Bennett are the two most prestigious 5A programs playing today, and stop trying to make either out to be something they are not. A game between Riverdale and DB would be great for 5A and i hope they get a chance to meet down the road. Both teams are bound for greatness.

Congratulations to the CC football team and good luck against DB. That being said, I think I understand why the CC "faithful" have to take their jabs at AC. They have been down for so long, at the very bottom for so long, it is natural for them to want to blame someone for their failure and have someone they can look down on. AC is having a lean year at 4-4. AC is a natural, I mean they have gotten some of CC's athletes, who were tired of losing at CC. The exodus of players from CC did not start CC on its losing ways, they were losing before the kids left. The measure of a program is can winning be sustained of a period of years. Again congratulations, to the football team at CC, enjoy.

First i want to thank all of the D-B fans for the class that they show. They are by far my favorite team that we play this year. I was a huge D-B fan when I was going to ETSU.

As for the CC is Sorry person, Devin was a great football player and he was a pleasure to coach.. He plays rugby now and if you think that is for the unathletic then you know nothing about the sport. Try it some time.

To CCAlum, Derek Marlow has always supportred this team. He transfered his senior year because of an uncertain coaching situation.. If he didn't want to play for Campbell County he would have left after middle scholl. He was also a pleasure to coach by the way.

Do I think the Cougars have a good chance of beating D-B? Yes I do. I know that the Tribe is an awesome program and by the numbers it shouldn't be a close game. I also know that this Cougar team has enough heart to pull this one out. I mean who can't get up to play the number one team in the state. I can't wait til Friday.

You doubt we will make it to the 'Boro? I know you won't be there.

Keep enjoying this 6 win season. First time is always the best! thumb

825385298[/snapback]

your road to teh Boro goes through OR...teh Cats are eagerly awaiting a rematch withthe Tribe..not saying that OR will definitly win, but....

should be a heck of a ballgame...

JKar, I was guilty of proclaiming the Cougar DEFENSE would not give up 28 points.  Your were right and I was wrong.  Crow isn't so bad with lots of ssalt & ketchup. 

However, I must point out 1 TD was a very long punt return and another came after Campbell Co. fumble a Kickoff, giving the Hilltoppers the ball on the Cougar 15.

To answer a question from another poster asking if Campbell Co. is one dimensional, QB Brance Stiner was unofficially 18 of 26 for 234 and 3 TDs.  Chris Johnson rushed 15 times for 91 yards and 2 TDs, again unofficial.

825385542[/snapback]

JKar...you have once again showed your knowledge of east tennessee high schol football....28 points by Sci Hill...I like my neighbor VolViking did not think that was possible...fortunately teh Cougs never quit, overcame questionable officiating (just like you alluded to), and a first time playoff spot has been secured...

looking forward to hearing from you Wed ight...showtime Wed nit 7:55-8:55...call 423-562-3557 or 423-566-1450...the Cougars and sports Chat faithful will be anxiously awaitin your call and your imput...will you id yourself as JKar??? teh pleasure will be ours, teh Cougar Nation!!!

D-B will be by far the best team the Cougars have faced this season.  The COugars area little banged up right now, particularly at QB.  Normally this would spell a big loss for the Cougars.  This, however, isn't a normal Cougar team.  I look for them to really step up to the plate and have the games of their lives against the Tribe.  Some people may say I'm nuts but I believe in magic.  Cougars upset D-B.

825385797[/snapback]

I wouldnt bet on Slover being the QB vs. DB just yet...somethng else may be in teh works...as far as prdictions, get mine in this week's edition of teh VOLUNTEER TIMES in teh DOCTOR'S PRESCRIPTION!!!

and VolViking, speaking of eating crow, I predicted taht the CC-Sci Hill game would be over by halftime...would you please pass teh ketchup and salt...

Good comparison on EARLY season action Mav.  Now about about some RECENT "connect the dots".  Jeff Co beat the Cougars EARLY 35-0.  HOWEVER, the Cougars beat Sevier Co. AT SC by 8-0 RECENTLY.  Sevier Co. beats Jeff Co. 38-21 at Jeff Co LAST WEEK.  Kingsport DB beat Jeff Co. 14-3.  Now taking in consideration the RECENT action and the equation for improvement, how do you connect the dots now Mav?

825385899[/snapback]

volViking...connect teh dots and do math...th eMav is not an I-75 Hero.. he is an inbred AC person...only teh CC transfers to Southside canactually do math...they went to school fo rat least 8 years in Campbell County before turning their backs on their friends, who by the way have a team going totheplayoffs...maybe Southside Cow fans can go enjoy watching another Ac team(Oak Ridge) in teh playoffs...bathrooms and concessions are located close to one another at teh Boro..

Alright Mav more connect the dots.....AC 13 West 30....AC 14 KINGSTON 16....AC 7 Fulton 35....AC 10 AE 28.....If i'm adding rgiht you guys have TWICE as many loses as us, so you may wanna start worrying about your own problems...

825386059[/snapback]

problems ...they have noproblems...just finish teh season and after game 10 turn in their pads...it s over...no more games to be played...just lift your weights and eat your 'roids...better luck next year and hope that you are not in teh same region as AE and Fulton... :o:D