Tennessee Geography 101

CoachT

:unsure: There are too many classifications, bottom line. Drop to 4 and watch the travel problems go away. There is no way a region should have more private schools than public schools in a public school division. Go to Division II or split 'em up. They can always play a non-region schedule against their private school rivals. You know the old 3 class system stayed the same for ages........because it worked. This class jumping and region reorganization every 4 years just tears down the natural rivalries that are decades old in some instances. It ain't rocket science......

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. They should move Huntingdon to the Memphis region to even it up some.

Don't like that idea? Me, either. But, welcome to the world of reclassification!

825388181[/snapback]

COACHT.

ALL I said was it was a joke to put 9 teams in on Region and 6 in another. I didn't bring UP any team so since you brought it up how about moving the Lawrence Co. team over to the West Tennessee Regions. Maybe with Melrose or Jackson Central-Merry or even Hardin Co. or move them to the East and let them play teams like Sullivan East or Maryville.

Instead they are stuck with Hickman Co. and Shelbyville. What a strong Region.

That would really be a wakening. Wouldn't it?

And Huntingdon isn't being reclassified. Still playing in 2A in the strongest area in the state. The West.

Edited by Blue and Gold

I've taken the same mapping service the TSSAA has employed for this purpose and put a different interface on it...

http://www.coacht.com/maps/

If you click the link, you'll be able to create your own maps and fiddle around with different region combinations. You can also copy and paste the map link into a message board post.

The school list is seperated into three columns by grand division. Each list is sorted by 2005-06 enrollment numbers. The color coding is done by CURRENT football classifications.

Dark purple is 5A, Light purple is 4A, Dark red is 3A, Medium red is 2A, Light red is 1A... Dark/medium/light grays for Division II

As an example: If we did classes like Mississippi, the 32 largest schools in the state would get scrapped off the top of the list and placed in the largest classification. The remaining schools would be evenly divided among the remaining classes. Here's what the Super Division would look like in Tennessee.

http://www.coacht.com/maps/1098413786766_1128.cfm

Guest Oakland
I've taken the same mapping service the TSSAA has employed for this purpose and put a different interface on it...

http://www.coacht.com/maps/

If you click the link, you'll be able to create your own maps and fiddle around with different region combinations.  You can also copy and paste the map link into a message board post.

The school list is seperated into three columns by grand division.  Each list is sorted by 2005-06 enrollment numbers.  The color coding is done by CURRENT football classifications.

Dark purple is 5A, Light purple is 4A, Dark red is 3A, Medium red is 2A, Light red is 1A... Dark/medium/light grays for Division II

As an example: If we did classes like Mississippi, the 32 largest schools in the state would get scrapped off the top of the list and placed in the largest classification. The remaining schools would be evenly divided among the remaining classes.  Here's what the Super Division would look like in Tennessee.

http://www.coacht.com/maps/1098413786766_1128.cfm

825393873[/snapback]

Or maybe the fabled "Murfreesboro Region" ... http://www.coacht.com/maps/1098414022457_271.cfm

825393894[/snapback]

very cool iamoz, kinda interesting to see what possibilities could come up in all classes

Lincoln County from Cookeville is 3 to 3 1/2  hours and you are in a bus. thats awful for someone who has to play a physically demanding sport. you miss a lot of clas when you have to leave that early to get there with enough time to dress and eat. plus on the way back it is awful for soreness, and injuries. Cramps are the worst on a crowded bus. non-metro teams get screwed i guess.

825392895[/snapback]

I don't agree with you on alot of things but I can say that I believe Lincoln County and Cookeville should be in diffrent regions. Even though it's fun to make road trips for the players, the coaches have to do alot of planning and they have to deal with a bunch of teenage guys crammed into a bus for 3 hours. I believe LC should play Columbia again like we use to a few years ago when they were in 5A. Cookeville should be somewhere else.

I like the I-24 corridor region. Really, Antioch High is about a mile from the Davidson/Rutherford County border and would have natural rivals in the "Murfreesboro Region." You could have a seven team region with Antioch, LaVergne, Blackman, Siegal, Oakland, Riverdale, and Smyrna with really no travel issues at all. People would argue that you would be splitting Antioch from Overton, Glencliff, and McGavock, but the TSSAA destroyed all of the inner-city rivalries when they went to the five-class system anyways.

Guest Oakland
I like the I-24 corridor region. Really, Antioch High is about a mile from the Davidson/Rutherford County border and would have natural rivals in the "Murfreesboro Region." You could have a seven team region with Antioch, LaVergne, Blackman, Siegal, Oakland, Riverdale, and Smyrna with really no travel issues at all. People would argue that you would be splitting Antioch from Overton, Glencliff, and McGavock, but the TSSAA destroyed all of the inner-city rivalries when they went to the five-class system anyways.

825394978[/snapback]

yeah i didnt notice that antioch was so close to rutherford county till i checked it on the map. would be nice just to have 7 teams in region so the teams in it could play 4 non region games