Plays no one has ever seen

bdog3741

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The drop kick is not legal in a free kick situation. The drop kick can be used in a punting situation or a PAT or field goal attempt. The play where the player says he forgot the tee is also not legal in that it is an attempt to deceive the other team and according to the rule book and case book is considered to be unsportsmanlike.

I may be wrong on this ... because it sounds like you all know of which you speak... but I was thinking the only time you could attempt the free field goal attempt off the tee was after your team "fair caught" an opponents free kick (after a safety). I didn't think you had the option off of fair catching a punt.

Am I wrong on this one?

I may be wrong on this ... because it sounds like you all know of which you speak... but I was thinking the only time you could attempt the free field goal attempt off the tee was after your team "fair caught" an opponents free kick (after a safety).  I didn't think you had the option off of fair catching a punt.

Am I wrong on this one?

825388810[/snapback]

GovMan, The rule states you can free kick after any fair catch. This is after any free kick (Kickoff) or scrimmage kick (Punt, or FG try).

The drop kick is not legal in a free kick situation. The drop kick can be used in a punting situation or a PAT or field goal attempt.  The play where the player says he forgot the tee is also not legal in that it is an attempt to deceive the other team and according to the rule book and case book is considered to be unsportsmanlike.

825388677[/snapback]

If the guy is running away from the line of scrimage everyother player is set and no whistle is blown how is it any different from any motion play. the only difference is that the player running off the field says something. Doesnt the qb say something most everyplay? The only thing that im aware of not allowed to be said on the field (besides cursing) Is a defenseive player immitating the snap count.

• 2 weeks later...
I may be wrong on this ... because it sounds like you all know of which you speak... but I was thinking the only time you could attempt the free field goal attempt off the tee was after your team "fair caught" an opponents free kick (after a safety).  I didn't think you had the option off of fair catching a punt.

Am I wrong on this one?

825388810[/snapback]

Idunk2 you are correct: a free kick is alowwed after ANY fair catch! This can be a great tool.

my question would be why don't we see the free kick more?  almost all college kickers can kick it from the 35yrd line and boot it through the end-zone. but, another thing that comes to my mind is if you miss it does the ball go to the 20? or does it go from where you kicked it?

825405996[/snapback]

HS - 20

College - where it is kicked

Why not more?.........position is usually good place to start drives and 7 is more than 3.