Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

He's about the quickest with size seen in our area in awhile. He's a little heavier than Maryville's Carl Stewart but same height and speed. Stewart is redshirt freshman runningback @ Auburn.

I also noticed that Morton is about the same size as Mo, maybe alittle taller. Morton is quick but have no idea if he can run like Mo. Morton didn't carry the ball when I saw THS play. Is Morton a senior? Is anyone looking at him?

825426706[/snapback]

To be more specific, I know that Mo has been on visits to Va. Tech, Tennessee, and Marshall. There have been other SEC/ACC schools that have sent many letters and requested tapes. There are also many D1 AA schools that keep making offers, but he will probably decide after the season. As for Zack Morton, he is a senior and an excellent DE who is about the same height as Mo, and as you said not quite as fast, but that's hard to do when Mo runs a sub 4.6 40 and weighs 220+lbs. Zack is still very quick, don't get me wrong, I've seen him chase down many QB's this year that were running for their lives, as evident by the 17 sacks this season (school record). Zack does not have the gawdy weight room stats that Mo has, but he is what I would call "country" strong. They both throw lineman and running backs around like they were rag dolls. Zack is receiving offers from smaller D1 schools, and lower echelon SEC teams mainly because he doesn't have the same weight room and 40 stats that Mo can provide, but I think his performance on the field speaks for itself. Zack gets after it harder than any player I've seen this year, I think he could play hard for 8 quarters straight! I think his offers will change, along with a lot of other players, after the season is over. We just have to keep winning right now.

All this talk about the DE's doesn't mean that the tackles are slouches, and far from it. They are both big strong kids and really control the middle well. As a unit, I would venture to say that these front 4 are arguably the best in the state, but that of course is my opinion.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa, that was pretty good stuff.

Moyers, I didn't "come on h@rd" or "b@ck off".  I s@id what I s@id, @nd told you th@t if you took it @s @ sl@m on Chuck, then I apologize for th@t, it w@sn't the intention.

Seems th@t my @ button is stuck @s well. B)

825426680[/snapback]

hahaha :lol: thumb

I can't wait to see the big book end DE's either. If their as big as you all say they are, they should be heavily recruited as well.

Moving away from early scwabbles, I doubt Mo was in the Vol Walk. I think that's reserved for players only. He might have been there on a visit though.

Maybe they meant they saw him as the Vol Walk was going on, like on the side of the street. It has nothing to do with which school he's from.. I honestly don;t think they allow that. Maybe I'm wrong...

Dagonit Moyers, there you go again. You are going to get mad at me for busting your chops but you need to learn that this is a public forum. Now what exactly is wrong with Tusculum? The guys that play there are better athletes than 95% of the guys that play this high school game. They receive scholarships to play there.

No, I don't have any ties to Tusculum other than a son who plays basketball for their biggest rival. I am very proud of his accomplishments. Full ride and all.

By the way, where did you play college ball?

825426717[/snapback]

Calm down Rebelsman....geez. I'm giving a guy a hard time. Do you really think I have any problems with Tusculum? I attended their Knoxville campus....just play along. I played for the University of Margaritaville.... thumb

Moyers,

It ought to be a good match up. This is the best defensive front that TN High has had in years. If your O Line is as good as you say they are, and our D Line is as good as I think they are, they will clash heads the day after thanksgiving.

But we both have two more games to win before that happens. Not that I am worried, and I am sure that the Rebel faithful aren't either, you just can't look too far ahead or you might trip over your own feet.

I have heard how good the Maryville O-line is this year, and it will be a good match up if this game takes place in a couple of weeks.  From the sound of it, you all have quite an impressive team, and I am looking forward to seeing this game settled on the field and not on paper.  But, speaking of stuff on paper, do you have any idea how big some of the guys on the O-line are, and are they all returning starters from last year?

825425169[/snapback]

All of the Mairvul O-Line returns frum last yeer. Starting OT frum last yeer Gary Tucker has been moved to DT. Rhett Brooks, sun of coach Dan Brooks at U.T., took Tucker's spot.

The Mairvul O-line is not overly big (thay are all twinkst 6' 0" and 6'2" and 225 and 265 lbs.), butt thay are in shape, strong, and play only one way.

Rebelsman and dmoyers1, cum on shair tha luv.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

I agree THSViking..we just can't help licking our chops about this game though, can we? It really looks like the biggest challenge either of us will get anytime soon. I had mentioned before, either here or on another thread, that the line O line came off the field together and stood in front of us at West and I thought UT's line was standing in front of us. That of course is an exaggeration, but my point was that I ahdn't realized what a large unit they are. I think it'll be quite a clash too.

I know Stars...I seem to get under Rebelsman's skin now and again. He just doesn't give me the benefit of the doubt very well or takes me waaay too seriously. He's a good guy thumb

Guest Rebelnation

Nation? What do you mean? I agree we need to take each game one at a time. When did I say otherwise? Although I do think dmoyers and thsvking make good points...it's a game to look forward to a lil.

Johnny manners...classic :) thumb