Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

thumb Thanks D1… SAME TO YOU!!! Are you coming up next week to see the game… or are you just anxious?

Talk at ya later tonight. By the way… we still have a slight drizzle in some areas of the city but for the most part it has stopped raining (5:24 pm).

READ THE THREAD KraKotoa! Then log back on after the games if you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say ! :ph34r:

825429414[/snapback]

Vikings 31 Rebels 17. Rebels led 17-16 early in the fourth quarter and another special teams blunder (3rd one of the night) led to the game turning around. Shell, you are sooooooo right!! These 'Mighty' Vikings cannot be stopped!! They will surely level any team in their path on their way to ANOTHER state championship!! Just win, win, win. Maryville LOOK OUT!!!! If you can stay within 40 points of this POWERFUL team, consider it an accomplishment. :o

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thumb Thanks D1… SAME TO YOU!!! Are you coming up next week to see the game… or are you just anxious?

Talk at ya later tonight. By the way… we still have a slight drizzle in some areas of the city but for the most part it has stopped raining (5:24 pm).

READ THE THREAD KraKotoa! Then log back on after the games if you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say ! :lol:

825429414[/snapback]

Hey 1tshelley, I actually work for a living and don't have time to read all 16 pages of this thread. Sorry. All I saw is the title about Tennessee high winning it all--which is a lofty goal. That is when I decided to post my objective opinion about both teams. Look me up when Tennessee plays Maryville and we will have some healthy discussion before and after their game. Later.

I went to the game at the stone castle tonight. I wish it wasn't raining though. After Sullivan South had a 10 minute drive in the second quarter that made the defense pretty tired. I was very nervous at the beginning of the 4th Quarter with the Vikings trailing 17-16 after instantly shooting up a 16-0 lead before halftime. Thanks to the special teams and defense for capatilizing on Sullivan South's late mistakes and having two late touchdowns to show for it.

Next: Elizabethton

After That: The game everyone here has been waiting for.

Will the Vikings beat a whole other set of Rebels?

READ THE THREAD KraKotoa! Then log back on after the games if you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say ! ;)

825429414[/snapback]

Hey shelley...congrats man. I may not be around later when you log in, but I wanted to give you a shout out!! Way to come back and play hard!! Playing thru difficulty and deficits are what make teams good. We'll see you in 2 weeks :lol:

Vikings 31 Rebels 17.  Rebels led 17-16 early in the fourth quarter and another special teams blunder (3rd one of the night) led to the game turning around.  Shell, you are sooooooo right!!  These 'Mighty' Vikings cannot be stopped!!  They will surely level any team in their path on their way to ANOTHER state championship!!  Just win, win, win.  Maryville LOOK OUT!!!!  If you can stay within 40 points of this POWERFUL team, consider it an accomplishment.  :lol:

825429715[/snapback]

:( VOLMAN when I first saw your post my first reaction was to let it go because at this point your sarcastic remarks don’t mean jack. But being the competitor that I am by nature, I must leave you with these final words. TONIGHT volman… you and your south rebels were the WEAKEST LINK………………….good bye. ;)

Hey shelley...congrats man.  I may not be around later when you log in, but I wanted to give you a shout out!!  Way to come back and play hard!!  Playing thru difficulty and deficits are what make teams good.  We'll see you in 2 weeks  :D

825429943[/snapback]

:D Back at ya D1!!! The playoffs have proven to be a whole new monster within itself. But I see both our teams have KEPT THE DREAM ALIVE for one more week!!! Did you see the Melrose score? One more game and we have reached the TOP SHELF as far as I’m concerned!

TWO MORE WEEKS!! TWO MORE WEEKS!! TWO MORE WEEKS!!

thumb

Well this is the first time I have signed on. I have been reading the posts now for about 2 weeks and it seems to be alot of fun.

As for the game last night at the castle. It wasn't pretty other than it was a WIN. Our defense came out strong and it looked as if it was going to be along night for the Rebels, :blink: tnen our defense broke down and the offense could not move the ball at all. Our boys need to refocus and play like they did against the East team. This is 2 weeks in a row that we seem to have come out flat. I won't to go to Maryville as bad as anyone and see what should be an awesome game, but we better tend to business one week at a time. GO VIKINGS! thumb

Right now I am worried about Knox Central.

825429904[/snapback]

Can't place too many emphases on this point enough! Central is a better team than 56-10 and if the Reb's don't execute on offence better, the TN HI vs. Maryville will only be a thought. I could care less about TN HI because in my view Central is the 2nd best team in the eastern part of the state and would stop TN HI just as effetely as Maryville could.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Can't place too many emphases on this point enough! Central is a better team than 56-10 and if the Reb's don't execute on offence better, the TN HI vs. Maryville will only be a thought.  I could care less about TN HI because in my view Central is the 2nd best team in the eastern part of the state and would stop TN HI just as effetely as Maryville could.

825430439[/snapback]

I think if Maryville doesn't play better all the way around, then they will have trouble. I agree we need to execute better on offense and FINISH drives. We seemed to coast, sort of like the Alcoa game in the second half, and Powell didn't lay down and they played well.

The defense gave up too many yards, missed too many tackles, and lost contain too many times. They did get the stop when we had to have it though.

The FG kicking has to be better too. Missing those short FG's hurts.

These seniors need to re-focus, be LEADERS, and put this TEAM on their shoulders and go with it. Another performance like this week and we'll be taking up pads the following Monday.

Go Rebs.