rocky top

BHSbruins08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Tennessee, hate UT, Love Vanderbilt, I like the song until they play it for the 50th time...it does get annoying.

BTW.....UT really doesn't have a chance at a Nat'l Title....and i'll tell you why.

1) The BCS is just what it is if u take away the "C"...BS!!!

2) Nobody wants to give the toughest conference in the nation(the SEC) any credit

3) I really don't see them getting by Auburn in the SEC championship, and Auburn will run the table in the SEC and get shafted by the BCS who is all about kissing USC and OU's anus!!!

4) The BCS should be done away with and gone to a play-off system in my mind. only the winners of the conferences are allowed to compete for the Nat'l Title. and therefore put in the playoff bracket.

825397221[/snapback]

Actually the BCS doesn't kiss the anus of USC. There is proof to this because they did not go to the National Chapmpionship last year, although they were number 1 in the coaches and AP polls.

Hmmmm... I think you need to click on that banner at the top of this page, because Sigmund Freud would have a field day with you.  Do you dream orange?  Are you obsessed with Oompa Loompas (oh wait, that's Texas orange).

What have the Tennessee Vols ever done for you, other that swallow your wallet?  Does the University of Tennessee send you birthday/Christmas cards?  How about Peyton Manning?  Tee Martin, perhaps?

I'm sorry, but being obsessed with something like that isn't good for your mind.  After all, how depressed are you after a Vols loss?[/color]

825397306[/snapback]

Ya I'm pretty depressed after a loss. Tennessee doesn't have to do anything for me, because they give me the excitement that I need. I absorb every amount of news that I ever see about UT. I was raised on UT Football, and I'll probably die cheerin on UT. I have dreamed about UT football. And to tell you the truth, I don't lose money goin over to the games, because I scalp tickets.

Edited by TnVols23

Trust me Freud wouldnt give TnVols23 the time of day cause nothing is wrong with him. He is a tru fan. Plus Freud focused on Dreams and early childhood during his career. His psycoanalytic (i really stink at spelling) theory was composed pretty much on dream interpretation alone. :blink:

Actually the BCS doesn't kiss the anus of USC.  There is proof to this because they did not go to the National Chapmpionship last year, although they were number 1 in the coaches and AP polls.

825397322[/snapback]

Well yeah u do have a point, but they ARE not the best team in the nation, Auburn is at least a TD better than them, and I truly believe UT is better than them, and the SEC Championship game(provided both Auburn and UT get therea) will be a lot closer than 34-6, but just watch out for my commodores, UT overlooked Ole Miss and almost got beat, look at twhat happened to UF today...my commodores will give UT a run for they money, they usually play UT close, but not always, but I do wish UT the best of luck and hope they win Nat'l, I take pride in that just because I am a Tennessean!

I think Auburn and Oklahoma are currently #1 and #2. As for the Big Orange:

We need embarrassed players and coaches of Florida to come out and squeak one out against UGA.

We need 2 teams ahead of us in the BCS rankings to fall.

We need to beat Auburn. I think, that if we do all of this, that there is a good possiblity that we can go to the Nat'l championship, especially if AU is ranked like #2 when we play them in the Georgia Dome...(If we play them, I don't want to jinx us)

GO VOLS!

Rocky Top is a terribly annoying song. The High School I attended up there(Tennessee) played Rocky Top after every score, and also at random times. That song has gotten better to me because of all the great memories with my friends, but were it not for that It Is Terrible! Ill take my Georgia Tech YellowJackets 2 fight songs any day ('up with the white and gold' as well as 'ramblin wreck from georgia tech') !! Hail to the Victors, and Notre Dame victory march are both incredible(actually rated the 2 best fight songs in the country!)...

TO H3LL WITH GEORGIA !!!

Look... RockyTop is THE BEST SONG IN THE WORLD....however, no one deseves to play it except for UT... I hate it when all of these high schools play it, whuich is why OR doesn't-we know we are not the big orange and white... however, i have to give credit where credit is due- the ONLY team to even play it right, has been Ootlewah (sp?)

But to all of you saying its overplayed or sucky.... move to florida or somewhere where the fans don't actually care what the team does or doesnt do.... but here in TN... the song is ROcky top!

Oh, but the many of you out there.... you call your sself fans...and you only know the chorus or the frist verse....LEARN THE REST!

47 times is way too much; they need to cut it in half.  Yeah, I can see how you'd get pumped up because the song is upbeat and all, but most of the people on this board are Tennessee fans.  Repetition is boring, and they play that and maybe one other song (or do they?) over and over and over and over again until you want to scream, like maybe that would stop them. 

In other words, it's called BIAS.  I'm sure if we went to Coach G, everyone would say that "Glory Over Georgia" was the best fight song ever.  It's just not fair.

As for bleeding orange, that's just plain obsession.  If you love the Vols so much, then just pitch a tent outside Neyland and live there.  How about you talk to Phil Fulmer about letting you sleep in the locker room?  Better yet, you could sleep with Smokey every night in his doghouse!

825397259[/snapback]

And thats quite comical you actually counted. Unless you are in the band or it was a command for you to count the number of times they played it, then thats just shameful.