OC Lady Rebels

VOREBS

Is it true the Rebels are going to get to play in the FedEx Forum in Memphis this year???...I heard something about a doubleheader with JCS...Then the Grizzlies play the Spurs later that night....

825396057[/snapback]

They do play JCS girl/boy doubleheader.

Girls start @ 1:00 pm.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the opportunity to watch the Lady Rebels play Milan in the Gibson Co. Jamboree this past weekend.. I thought they played well and held their own against the Lady Bulldogs. The interior passing game looked well with Roney finishing inside. Her younger sister started along with another Freshmen as OC played four Freshmen who will contribute early B) Coach Suiter's club may have more depth than most people think they will and that could leave to more victories this season thumb

Had the opportunity to watch the Lady Rebels play Milan in the Gibson Co. Jamboree this past weekend.. I thought they played well and held their own against the Lady Bulldogs. The interior passing game looked well with Roney finishing inside. Her younger sister started along with another Freshmen as OC played four Freshmen who will contribute early B)  Coach Suiter's club may have more depth than most people think they will and that could leave to more victories this season thumb

825434427[/snapback]

True, redbirdfan, OCCHS held their own against Milan. Yes, Jena Roney is so good inside. I thought Kendra Boykin played really well. I do have concerns about outside shooting though for the Lady Rebels. If they find the touch from outside, OCCHS has a chance to challenge for the District 13AA crown. .

True, redbirdfan, OCCHS held their own against Milan.  Yes, Jena Roney is so good inside.  I thought Kendra Boykin played really well.  I do have concerns about outside shooting though for the Lady Rebels.  If they find the touch from outside, OCCHS has a chance to challenge for the District 13AA crown.  .

825434460[/snapback]

sportsradio....I think you will find that the outside shooting will be fine. This bunch can, and I think will challenge for the title. Should be another tough year in District 13AA. I think that this bunch could have the right mix to be a force in an always TOUGH district. I will be interested to see what happens this week-end at the big shoot-out at Westview.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad he developed it too fast.  Developing talent doesn't matter if you can't finish, like say tournament time :P

Hopefully Coach Suiter will have the girls peaking at the end of the season and not at Christmas. thumb

825433294[/snapback]

Developed it too fast???? Maybe thats the reason why he won so many games last year...before the season started he had 2-3 starters, or key players out for the year, and still won 22 games.How many teams can take that kind of hit and still win. Every player on that team can play, and Specer Hoffman is a big reason for that. This district has way too much talent to just sit back and wait. Gibson and Westveiw are already ahead, we just have to work harder to catch up...NOW before anyone starts, I wish THE BEST for Suiter i hope he has a great year and hope the best for the lady Rebels....Just please give Spencer his due.

:(

Developed it too fast???? Maybe thats the reason why he won so many games last year...before the season started he had 2-3 starters, or key players out for the year, and still won 22 games.How many teams can take that kind of hit and still win. Every player on that team can play, and Specer Hoffman is a big reason for that. This district has way too much talent to just sit back and wait. Gibson and Westveiw are already ahead, we just have to work harder to catch up...NOW before anyone starts, I wish THE BEST for Suiter i hope he has a great year and hope the best for the lady Rebels....Just please give Spencer his due.

825439742[/snapback]

:angry: Spencer did take them to many wins but let's not forget that they had great coaching before Spencer with the middle school coaches. This is where the teaching of skills ball handling shooting actually starts and maybe even in the earlier years with our youth teams. I'm not trying to short change Spencer but with coaches like Lance Gray, Rick Smith, Bill Kail, Mack Pirtle and others who work with these girls at a much earlier age, they deserve some of this credit.

There is no comparison to the skills development before and after Spencer. There are many good things about the other coaches and schools feeding the program, but Spencer worked to take the skills to a new and higher level. Was it demanding? You bet, but look at the dividends. He started last year having lost Jessica Burse, Abby Reed, and Kirstin Hayes who all three would have most likely started and contributed a lot of offense, plus added to the depth for games like

Westview and Gibson. There were also other players lost to accidents and injuries. Whether you like Spencer or not you should admit that he took a sliding program and turned it into a strong presence again in the district. You can't beat the enemy unless you march while they are sleeping! Best of luck to the Lady Rebels this season. They are a great bunch of girls.

Yes, this is a great group of girls, and yes they have been helped by great coaches in jr high and in high school. This bunch could be something special before they are done. I guess we start finding out tonight, as Halls comes in for a pair of games at "the PIT". Should be a good night of basketball. Gonna be strange just watching the game. But hey, if I am just watching then I don't guess I can be too biased.......you think???? See you at the games

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'mmmmmmmmmm BBBBAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Word of the day.

Basketball: 1. a game played by two opposing teams of five players each, usually in a zoned floor area: pionts are scored by tossing a ball through a raised goal(basket) at the opponent's end of the playing court: the game was invented in 1891 by James A. Naismith of Springfield Mass. 2. the large round enflated ball used in this game :usa:

I know Hoffman did a excellent job, but Rick Smith deserves a majority of the credit don't you think? The majority of the freshman on OC's team are his former players. Now he will supply russel at Gibson Co. :P but know need to live in the past what is gone is gone and what is here is here, no need in criing over spilt milk. No disrespect ment to the other jr. high coaches. They also do a fine job.

For the Lady Rebels The time is now!!!!!!

And the chance for the Lady Rebels to compete with the other tops teams in the district may be upon us. :P (injuries and the such not getting in the way) They have a number of outstanding players and a good talent base from what I have seen and heard.

At least basketball gets R A D I O!!!!!!!! thumb

Edited by FullcourtPress