Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....here we are in week 10  and the Region 2 championship is on the line.  Our defense played very well against Ooltewah and we need another strong effort for this game.  What do you say?

825396076[/snapback]

Here it is!

1. If Soddy Beats Oak Ridge and Ooltewah Wins then Ooltewah wins the region.

2. If Oak Ridge wins and Ooltewah wins then Oak Ridge wins the region and Ooltewah is second and Soddy is third and Farrugat is fourth.

3. If Oak Ridge wins and Ooltewah losses then Oak Ridge wins the region and Ooltewah, Soddy and Farrugat will all be tied for second, in which case will go like this for second place. First tie breaker is head to head which will not settle anything. Ooltewah beat Soddy, Soddy beat Farrugat and Farrugat beat Ooltewah.

Secondly, overall record which solves nothing because they will all have the same overall record. Thirdly, gets interesting here and it goes like this which team has the best record against teams with a winning record- who knows, and that will settle second place.

this match up will be better than the ooltewah vs o.r match up. i think soddy matches up with OR better b/c they actually have a passing game with good receivers. Ooltewah couldnt complete a pass if ther elife depended on it. Not saying soddy is gonna win but i think the passing attack of soddy might make it interesting if they can hold there blocks on the offensive line..

It is all crazy,but I wouldn't be quick to say Soddy is gonna losse...That loss to Ooltewah really got under their skin and as you all know Farragut suffered the repocusions of soddy's wrath!!!!I believe Soddy matches up better with their size than Ooltewah did against OR ..plus Soddy isn't a big play team...They control the clock ..Grind the ball out on ya and when your least expecting it they come up throwing on ya..And I know you Ooltewah fans can back me on this one! Soddy has a very good passing attack...Their defense isn't no slouch either.....Not saying Ooltewah's is or anything .........GO OWLS AND GO TROJANS...SINK THE SHIP!!!!!!

Soddy's defense has played well most of the year, but face a good challenge against Oak Ridge, especially Gulmire. If they can limit big plays then Oak Ridge won't put a whole lot of points on the board.

Oak Ridge's defense has played quite well most of the year as well, and face a significant challenge against the passing attack of the Trojans. Soddy has struggled to run the ball effectively the last few weeks; it is essential to have decent success doing so to take away some of the pass rush. If Soddy has to drop back and pass on every down, things will be difficult.