Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR comes out in a very close game, 26-20. The kicking game was a disappointment again for OR. We really need to get that sorted out. I thought that Soddy Daisy exploited their height advantage at wideout very well against our short secondary. At least two of their touchdowns were just jumpballs that Paul Bingham had no chance at defending against someone 6+ inches taller than him. But Spencer Gulmire had the perfect response with the kickoff return. The whole team played a great game, but it seemed like Gulmire especially turned in a man's performance. Credit to Scott McMahon and Lenard Blair, as well as Daniel Johnson for crucial drives in the second half. Credit also to Soddy Daisy, who brought quite a few fans with them. Their team gave OR a heck of a fight, and good luck to them in the playoffs.

Great game to those wildcats! ya'll are a solid football team. we were plagued with turnovers early and that was our downfall yet again. also our special teams let us down again. we had some momentum but that gulmire is awesome!! i don't understand why we kicked it to him?!? oh well ya'll played a good game and beat us on the field. congrats and hopefully we can see each other again!

BTW, just want some wildcat opinions on the refs.....what was the deal at the beginning of the 2nd quarter? that was an obvious miscommunication.

Great game to those wildcats! ya'll are a solid football team. we were plagued with turnovers early and that was our downfall yet again. also our special teams let us down again. we had some momentum but that gulmire is awesome!! i don't understand why we kicked it to him?!? oh well ya'll played a good game and beat us on the field. congrats and hopefully we can see each other again!

BTW, just want some wildcat opinions on the refs.....what was the deal at the beginning of the 2nd quarter? that was an obvious miscommunication.

825407392[/snapback]

Thanks HotSauce! Soddy is an excellent football team that deserves 2nd place in the region. How you all lost to Ooltewah is a mystery to me. You all brought a big group of fans and they were very loud; it made for a great football atmosphere. This is a much better coached team than last year and it showed. I thought both teams made a lot of mistakes early, but you get that in the big games. Usually the winner is the one that plays through them.

As far as the Refs, I thought they had a tough time the whole game. There were lots of miscommunication and I thought it really interupted the flow of the game.

Good luck in the playoffs and have fun hosting a 1st round game.