JCS @ USJ

ctshizzle

Exactly, recruiting is considered giving someone financial aid to come to your school to play. USJ and JCS are not giving out any financial aid; however, I do believe the program recruits for itself. Players who may not get alot of PT at a JCM or school like that but are still great athletes are gonna go to great programs such as USJ and JCS if they can afford it. If these teams were giving out full rides to come and play, don't you think they would have half of JCM and Southsides team dressed out for them. :o

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post rebel. By the way, it was I who said that Bishop Byrne was tough. Maybe I got the wrong info or maybe they got better after you left. When JCS scheduled them for 2003-2004 BB was 9-2 in 2001 and 10-2 in 2002. Some of those teams they beat were D11AA. JCS had their hands full with them in 2003 winning 34-28. That team was very athletic and flew all over the field. This year though, they went in the tank. I wasn't aware that they were awful in the 90's.

But back to your point, 2 great programs going at it friday night, and it will be a treat. Go Eagles

Good post rebel.  By the way, it was I who said that Bishop Byrne was tough.  Maybe I got the wrong info or maybe they got better after you left.  When JCS scheduled them for 2003-2004 BB was 9-2 in 2001 and 10-2 in 2002. Some of those teams they beat were D11AA.  JCS had their hands full with them in 2003 winning 34-28. That team was very athletic and flew all over the field. This year though, they went in the tank.  I wasn't aware that they were awful in the 90's.                                                                   

But back to your point, 2 great programs going at it friday night, and it will be a treat.  Go Eagles

825401476[/snapback]

It's all good man. Yeah I remember a few years ago sitting in my room here at Ole Miss and seeing Bishop Byrne raise the gold trophy. I was like "what?!?!" Looked it up and that was the year they had just made a third division. Kinda upsetting when you see their playoffs consist of 4 teams...one of those years I think they had to beat like FACS or Catholic and SBEC to win. But they probably do have better athletes now bc they are in D2 and can do whatever they want. Should be a good one Friday.

It doesnt matter if it was a fluke or not Trenton BEAT MilanMilan is not good this year, and it shows.  USJ would be Milan this year.  Just like Humboldt will probably do Friday night.

825399621[/snapback]

I watched Milan give Dresden a spanking 2 weeks ago, and let me tell, the Bulldogs, although caught with their sights and guards down, ARE a good football team. I personally doubt that USJ could even stick with Dresden, as the Lions are light years ahead of Riverside, and USJ, as said needed some help from the men in stripes to get that one.

All I know is after the first week of the playoffs, after USJ beats JCS, as usual, they'll play probably Gleason, but maybe Greenfield.

But, regardless of who wins that match-up, as least the one that will probably come out on bottom earned their playoff spot the ole fashioned way, and didn't buy it.

Edited by dudeutm2002

FA is a good team and is improving alot, but jsut because you had one maybe two good years doesnt mean you are the team to beat now.

Did i ever say that Fayette Academy is the team to beat!??....NO!!.....dude, Fayette Academy will probably never dominate the region, we will compete year in and year out, but to say 1 team is going to run things from now on like ctshizzle did is absurd and stupid...and with Union City and Mckenzie coming in that will make for more competition...i say its a dogfight most years with these new teams coming in...

Did i ever say that Fayette Academy is the team to beat!??....NO!!.....dude, Fayette Academy will probably never dominate the region, we will compete year in and year out, but to say 1 team is going to run things from now on like ctshizzle did is absurd and stupid...and with Union City and Mckenzie coming in that will make for more competition...i say its a dogfight most years with these new teams coming in...

825402327[/snapback]

I guess we'll find out soon enough; USJ has been dominating their region like crazy for the past decade, and a USJ-less Region 7A gives JCS the upper hand. With the way the JCS JV and Middle School have been playing, they should be even better once they're starting in high school.

Of the other teams in Region 7A (besides USJ), who came remotely close to beating JCS? The answer is NONE. JCS destroyed McKenzie in a scrimmage, so if they want to impress then they need to play next year and prove everyone wrong. As for other possible USJ replacements, JCS could hold their own against them.

And while I'm at it, HIRSCHFIELD FOR HEISMAN!

ONCE AGAIN, JCS WILL NOT BE 2A IN ANY SPORT NEXT YEAR!

And no, 2A teams will not whip up on USJ because they've already played Riverside, McNairy and Southside - all in higher classifications - and won.

825397217[/snapback]

But you haven't played Huntingdon, Westview, Milan or Camden....we'll see who does the whuppin then...I think you have a great ball team...don't get cocky...you'll get a real taste of West TN 2a ball next year.

But you haven't played Huntingdon, Westview, Milan or Camden....we'll see who does the whuppin then...I think you have a great ball team...don't get cocky...you'll get a real taste of West TN 2a ball next year.

825402755[/snapback]

How do you know USJ won't go into Division II? Personally that's what I would do, and this is coming from a former USJ player. While I do think USJ will be able to compete at the 2A level, I think they will have more success in DII. I've always had the utmost respect for 2A West TN football because it is the best in the state and will be very tough year in and year out for USJ to have the same success like we have in 1A. There are some years where we would have been able to play with 2A and others where we would not. Wish I could be there this Friday though. Should be good.

825402755[/snapback]

It'll be interesting to see how USJ's balanced offense plays against Milan/Huntington/Westview/Camden's one-sided rushing attack. I guess you can get away with running the ball all the time like West Carroll and win, but you'll have a harder time competing at a higher level when you play balanced teams like JCS, USJ, McNairy and the like. If USJ continues to be balanced in all aspects of the game on both sides of the ball, then they won't have problems winning; 2A won't be a pushover, and their teams will give them a run for their money.

Here's some stats to compare for the JCS/USJ game going into Friday Night, courtesy of The Jackson Sun:

USJ

Ryan Ross is 80/152 for 1309 yards, 10 TDs, and 8 INTs.

Hunter Garrett has 119 rushes for 852 yards, 7.2 ypc, and 12 TDs; 13 catches for 202 yards, 15.5 ypc, and 2 TDS

John Pappis has 55 rushes for 346 yards, 6.3 ypc, and 6 TDs; 88 tackles,4 FR, and 1 INT

Josh Liles has 32 catches for 617 yards, 19.3 ypc, and 4 TDs

Andrew Long has 10 catches for 239 yards, 23.9 ypc, and 3 TDs

Will Wallace has 76 tackles, 4 sacks, and 1 FR

Luke Burleson has 68 tackles and 2 FR

Sam Woods is 1/1 on FGA and 24/30 on XPA

The USJ Offense has 1477 rushing yards for 21 TDs, 1372 passing yards for 12 TDs

JCS

Chris Hirschfield is 65/128 for 1119 yards, 16 TDs, and 5 INTs (has highest QB rating in West TN)

Michael Ragan has 106 rushes for 928 yards, 8.7 ypc, and 12 TDs; 53 tackles, 6 TFL, 9 sacks, and 2 FR

Nick Melton has 74 rushes for 503 yards, 6.7 ypc, and 4 TDs

Brandon Sheffield has 20 catches for 365 yards, 18.2 ypc, and 8 TDs

Peter Snell has 17 catches for 319 yards, 18.7 ypc, and 3 TDs

Josh Jenkins has 12 catches for 208 yards, 17.3 ypc, and 2 TDs; has several INTs

Drew Blackstock has 86 tackles, 15 TFL, and 3 sacks

Seth Doyle has 82 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FR, and 1 INT

William Nichols is 1/3 on FGA and 37/40 on XPA (best in West TN)

The JCS Offense has a total of 1770 rushing yards for 20 TDs, 1152 passing yards for 17 TDs

Both teams have outstanding position players, and it will be the defense that sets the tone for this game. Some of these folks are DI/II prospects, after all.