JCS @ USJ

ctshizzle

First off, JCS destroyed Fayette, Trinity, and PC this year, and unless another all-around player like Bodiford shows up then JCS will continue to dominate them.

Are you smokin something?....this year was the first time you've beaten Fayette Academy in the past 3 meetings over a span of 2 years!...just because you have a good team this year, you think you will automatically run the region from now on?...Fayette Academy has one down year and we're STILL going to the playoffs...

Just because Fayette Academy isnt the team they were last year, I wouldnt be saying that you're gonna dominate us from now on.....and there are other teams who are getting better, Trinity, PC...bottomline is this, JCS will not dominate year in and year out..

And as far as the recruiting thing goes...it doesnt happen...at least not with JCS, but with USJ i dont know...but I am pretty certain on one thing is that there is no chance in h#ll that USJ could get past Huntington, Westview, or Milan...in my opinion they would get destroyed, weather that be this year or next...it wont happen...these top 2a teams are too big and too fast....but if USJ keeps getting better which they prolly will, then in the next 3 or 4 years they prolly will compete...they have very good coaching and will get better...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After USJ moves out of region 7A JCS will be the team to beat year in and year out. FA is a good team and is improving alot, but jsut because you had one maybe two good years doesnt mean you are the team to beat now. JCS and USJ have owned this region for years. How many times has FA won the region?

Just how long are they going to dominate in a competitive region with Fayette Academy, Trinity, and PC?.....

Buschman, you cannot keep me waiting, I need your immaculate predictions on high school football...NOW!

825399078[/snapback]

Trinity has been a better team almost every year (a little down this time, but still good) Fayette will bounce back I'm sure. They will both be thorns in the Eagles' claws for some time to come. McKenzie and Union City may have something to say about JCS dominating 1A in West TN as well. If we stay over the river( and it looks doubtful right now) Perry County would be competative as well(one of the larger 1A schools in the state, always has pretty good athletes, just look at the Basketball teams). JCS will be good and always in contention, but dominant? Maybe some years, but not every year.

1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994,

1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

The years USJ was won the region

JCS won their first region title in 2003

In the late 90's and since USJ/JCS have had many

region title games

This will be the last time these 2 schools will

play each other for a region title

825400980[/snapback]

Technically nobody won the region in 2003. JCS, USJ, and Fayette Academy all finished in a 3-way tie. I know JCS has a banner in their gym saying Region Champs but the bottom line is they were co-champs. In fact, JCS was not even last team in the region playing come playoff time. They were knocked out in the second round. Wang15, you can ask how many times has FA won the region. The answer would be 0 outright Region Championships in this their 4th year in the region. How many times has JCS won the region? The answer would be 0 outright Region Championships and I do think that JCS has been there alot longer than Fayette has. Both teams shared a championship in 2003 along with USJ; however, I do believe FA beat JCS twice last season and were 14 seconds away from the State Championship while JCS was playing basketball. JCS has never been out of the 2nd round, at least not in recent history. The bottom line is USJ/JCS has not dominated this region for years.........USJ has dominated this region for years. Now, with all of that said. Get ready this will surprise you. I do believe that JCS will be very close to dominating this region for years. I don't know if they will dominate like USJ did, but I think they will win more championships than any other team. In fact, they could start out by winning their 1st Outright Region Championship this Friday night at USJ. I'll be there to see how it turns out.

If private schools don't recruit what is that other league all about?

They developed it for the programs who do recruit and I can have some respect for those programs such as BGA and Brentwood who actually acknowledged the fact and entered the league, but the schools that reamined in public education and found their way around the rules I have no respect for whatsover.

Sure they stopped for a brief period after the new league was formed, but then they started testing the waters, and when they found there would be no penalties for their actions they went right back to the same old recruiting just in a little sneaker way.

Does anybody remember the few short years when DCA quit recruiting? It was those years when they were not able to compete.

When CPA popped up with all those Division I prospects on one team and dominated single A all the privates thought, "Well if they can do it; we can do it too." and we are back to where we started.

They are winning championships with other communities players, and I personally can not see how can they be proud of that? Sure I think that public schools can compete every now in then when they have that perfect team come along but the privates can have that perfect team year in and year out. I do not think that USJ will fair well against the Huntingdon's and Milan's next year but sooner or later they will have their day as the cycle of talent revolves in those public schools and does not waiver near as much in the private. I have been watching private versus public for several years and this has always been the case.

The only way to take care of the problem is to give them the total boot out! I just wish the TSSAA would step up to the plate and hit that homerun.

Just a few thoughts from a fan who hates to see the rich private sector buy state and regional championships for their school in any classification.

If private schools don't recruit what is that other league all about?

They developed it for the programs who do recruit and I can have some respect for those programs such as BGA and Brentwood who actually acknowledged the fact and entered the league, but the schools that reamined in public education and found their way around the rules I have no respect for whatsover.

Sure they stopped for a brief period after the new league was formed, but then they started testing the waters, and when they found there would be no penalties for their actions they went right back to the same old recruiting just in a little sneaker way.

Does anybody remember the few short years when DCA quit recruiting? It was those years when they were not able to compete.

When CPA popped up with all those Division I prospects on one team and dominated single A all the privates thought, "Well if they can do it; we can do it too." and we are back to where we started.

They are winning championships with other communities players, and I personally can not see how can they be proud of that? Sure I think that public schools can compete every now in then when they have that perfect team come along but the privates can have that perfect team year in and year out. I do not think that USJ will fair well against the Huntingdon's and Milan's next year but sooner or later they will have their day as the cycle of talent revolves in those public schools and does not waiver near as much in the private. I have been watching private versus public for several years and this has always been the case.

The only way to take care of the problem is to give them the total boot out! I just wish the TSSAA would step up to the plate and hit that homerun.

Just a few thoughts from a fan who hates to see the rich private sector buy state and regional championships for their school in any classification.

825401045[/snapback]

Haha. Wow some of you people trip me out. All this crap about recruiting. My senior year at USJ was '98 and, well, out of the 15 seniors on the team including myself, 11 of us were there at least before the 6th grade. One came in 7th, 2 in 8th, and one in 10th. We played a regular season and playoff and had some easy wins and had some tough wins, some of those over 1A public schools. And then we got stomped in the state title game by Trousdale, who would have challeneged Maryville that year for the 4A title. Trousdale was by far one of the greatest teams I have ever seen and guess what folks, they were public.

You know what I have never heard? West Tn public school 1A ever whine about possible recruiting. Lake Co. and Bruceton used to beat USJ. I have many friends that played for Bruceton and never ONCE have they ever b*tched and complained. We had some great games against them. My junior and senior years we had two tough wins over South Fulton in the regular season and playoffs. And we were down to Huntland 8-6 at half in the semis before beating them. And JCS that year...I know a lot of their players and they had been there for a while.

My former defensive and lineman coach, Gilmer, is now at Bruceton...how do you think he would feel if USJ actually recruited? He would never be able to win! But he knows they don't so he will have Bruceton competitive again in a few years.

So if you want to, go ahead and wish the privates out. Then 1A will be a TRUE laughing joke of football because there will be no competition with both privates and Trousdale gone. You can go ahead and give the title to the Bruceton's, S. Pittburg's, Mt. Pleasant's, etc.

Even though I am siding with those that support USJ and JCS, who said Bishop Byrne was a powerhouse?! Please. We used to beat the crap out of those guys like 50-0. And by the way they play in the lowest private school division, not even the one with ECS, Briarcrest, etc.

And lastly Ekard and Monster Man, get your panties out of a wad. Do you have anything better to do than get on here and accuse schools of recruiting? Coach Marley runs a great program at USJ and he along with all the players, including myself, through the years have worked hard to get that program where it is today. Ekard especially, you must have some major issues about the USJ-Riverside game. I was there and Riverside did kill themselves on penalties. Most were legit, holding, block in the back, face guarding. And total yards does not always mean anything. The other night, LSU beat Troy by only 4 yet outgained them in yards 382-150!

Goodness people, just enjoy the game Friday night between 2 good programs and shutup about everything else. Go Bruins!

825401045[/snapback]

So basically, with this statement, you are saying that the "rich private schools" pay their players to come to school. Give us some names of these players.

I do not think the private schools recruit--they do have an advantage of anyone being able to play for them without regard to school zones--if they can get in and pay the tuition. This is an advantage from drawing from a 5A area and remain 1A school. But Milan has basically the same advantage. I'm sure neither outwardly recruits, it's more athletes wanting to go to successful programs. If I want to go to USJ or JSC, there is a way. If I want to go to South Side, I'm out of luck because I'm not zoned there.