Cheatham County Cubs (7-2,5-0)

36th in Strength of Schedule in 2A

11th in Success + Strength in 2A

Points Scored- 262 (29 pts a game)

Points Allowed- 140 (15 pts a game)

Top Players

Landon Jones- 152 carries 979 yards 6.4 avg. 16 TD's

Chris Langley- 54-95 894 yards 12 TD's

Week 10, two undefeated teams in region play, both playing for the region title. Could you ask for any better a match-up this week? When looking up stats for both teams they are pretty much even in every category from Strength of Schedule to points allowed. This will be a hard game to predict who will win, but I think the team that commits the fewest turnovers and can establish the line of scrimmage will take home the region 5 crown. Cheatham is coming off a heartbreakin loss to county rivals Sycamore, while Fairview put up 55 pts against Loretto. Fairview averaged over 10 yards a touch Friday night and if they continue that offense momentum it could be a long night for the Cubs.

Questions for the game?

Will Senior Chris Langley be playing aftre he sat out the Sycamore game?

Can Cheatham Co. stop Bobby Martin and the dominate offensive line of Fairview?

Which team will handle the pressure of having a chance to take home the region crown?

My Prediction- Fairview 28

Cheatham Co.- 21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Fairview Yellow Jackets (7-2,5-0)

37th in Strength of Schedule in 2A

12th in Success + Strength in 2A

Points Scored- 301 (33 pts a game)

Points Allowed- 147 (16 pts a game)

Top Players

TB-Bobby Martin- 177 carries 1475 yards 8.3 avg. 20 TD's

QB- Clint Bogle- Pass- 36-72 644 yards passing 5 TD's

Rush- 55 carries 418 yards 7.6 avg. 8 TD's

Cheatham County Cubs (7-2,5-0)

36th in Strength of Schedule in 2A

11th in Success + Strength in 2A

Points Scored- 262 (29 pts a game)

Points Allowed- 140 (15 pts a game)

Top Players

Landon Jones- 152 carries 979 yards 6.4 avg. 16 TD's

Chris Langley- 54-95 894 yards 12 TD's

Week 10, two undefeated teams in region play, both playing for the region title. Could you ask for any better a match-up this week? When looking up stats for both teams they are pretty much even in every category from Strength of Schedule to points allowed. This will be a hard game to predict who will win, but I think the team that commits the fewest turnovers and can establish the line of scrimmage will take home the region 5 crown. Cheatham is coming off a heartbreakin loss to county rivals Sycamore, while Fairview put up 55 pts against Loretto. Fairview averaged over 10 yards a touch Friday night and if they continue that offense momentum it could be a long night for the Cubs.

Questions for the game?

Will Senior Chris Langley be playing aftre he sat out the Sycamore game?

Can Cheatham Co. stop Bobby Martin and the dominate offensive line of Fairview?

Which team will handle the pressure of having a chance to take home the region crown?

My Prediction- Fairview 28

Cheatham Co.- 21

825396749[/snapback]

Let me start off by saying great post Gerry Bertier. Loretto's Eli Fisher and Sycamore's Maurice Polk have ran wild on the Cheatham defense over the past two weeks and believe me when I say that Bobby Martin is probably a better player than each of those two young men. I saw that you started a thread last weekend asking about Cheatham's Landon Jones so let me tell you that he is fine. Chris Langley is not injured, he just did not play last week's game due to undisclosed matters. Kyle Christmas filled in nicely for Chris this past Friday night, but you can tell a huge difference in the offense when Langley isn't taking the snaps.

As far as Fairview is concerned, I must say that I was stunned to see that they destroyed Loretto as badly as they did last Friday night. Bobby Martin is having an amazing season rushing the football, however if you recall it was Glen Fraser who ran all over the Cubs last year. Fairview's place-kicker whose name I do not know is a tremendous weapon for the Yellow Jackets once they get into their opponents territory. I may be wrong, but I do not believe that Bogle was the Fairview quarterback last year. His numbers are nice, so Cheatham must respect the pass this week (especially after getting torched by Garza & company last week).

It is "Senior Night" for the Cubs and I imagine that they will be mighty angry after losing the Powder-Keg to Sycamore. Judging Gerry B's statistics, I must say that it would be really hard to find two more evenly matched football teams. This game should be a four quarter contest and honestly I see more of a defensive struggle than an offensive shootout taking place. I will not predict a winner in this game until Friday afternoon, but it should be lot's of fun talking about this one this week. Best of luck to both of these teams and regardless of what happens this week let me say that region 6-2A's teams are going to find it very tough to put either one of these two teams out of the postseason this November.

Yeah I was wondering why Cheatham's top two players have sat out in back to back weeks. Cheatham will need Langley in so they can pass to ge some pressure off Jones when he runs the ball. Fairview's defense flies to the ball and has very fast linebackers and defensive backs. Fraser did run wild last year against Cheatham, but now Fairview has a healthy Bobby Martin that has run wild in region play this year. Fraser is now at WR due to a key injury, he is a serious threat in all three aspects of the game. Bogle wasn't the QB last year, it was a Senior QB last who I thought would of been a great pocket passer but Fairview's defense called for the QB to roll every pass play. Look for Fairview to estbalish the running game and then try to score deep on a pass play but I doubt Fairview passes more than 5-7 times this game. Bogle is a dual-threat which has made him very hard to defend. It will be an interesting game, if anyone from Cheatham Co. knows anything about their squad and would like to share it would be nice.

CBarkley, if you still read this I think you should get back on. I know we made a bet but I kinda miss discussing topics with you even though we don't disagree. But if you wanna get back on, it would be fine with me.

Welcome back Catfishhunter Barkley! I don't always agree with you, but you have some great posts. I have a neutral view of the Fairview-Cheatham Co. game and I think it will be Cheatham Co. in a barnburner! The winner will probably host McKenzie and the loser will probably host Decatur Co. Who is going to be the Region 5 3rd and 4th place teams? Lewis 3rd and Loretta 4th? Or will Richland get 4th?

I agree that Cheatham did not look good Friday night, and I also agree that Langley runs the show better, but that was not the key. The Cheatham defense was not good Friday night, they couldn't tackle anybody, especially the running back for Sycamore. Their defense will have to step up big like it did against Lewis County if there is any chance for the Cubs. I do like the Cubs in this contest though. They are playing at home and they will be fired up after last week's loss. Good luck Cheatham!

Langley sat out because he was caught skipping school. What a smart idea to skip school just before a huge rivalry game. Sycamore looked friday night, being able to pass and run the ball throughout the entire game. if sycamore would have played like that through the whole season i do believe they could have made the playoffs this year. congrats to all the sycamore seniors

My knowledge of high school football in the aspect of stats and such is very limited... so without anything other than pure school spirit...

I hope the Yellow Jackets come away with a GREAT win! I'll be at the game and would love to watch Fairview bring home the Region Title... I am looking foreward to watching both teams play! Best of luck everyone!

GO JACKETS

OK 1st off.. Fairview will have to enter this game with their heads in the right place. They know cheatham is going to be tough. Cheatham is playing on their senior night after losing to county rival Sycamore. Cheatham is going to be ready to play hard and get revenge from losing to Fairview last year. Fairview and Cheatham match up very well.. Both of these teams should go deep into the playoffs. One of them should have a good chance and possibly make it to 4th round if not farther. I know im always for fairview but im sorry guys im going to have to say cheatham comes out on top. i have 3 reason. 1. Their hungry for revenge after losing in an upset against Fairview last year. 2. They just lost to their county rival. 3. Its their senior night. Fairview has it tough this year. Theyve already played Loretto and lewis county on their senior nights. But like i said Cheatham comes away with the win. Final Score?

Cheatham Co.- 21

Fairview-14