Fairview @ Cheatham Co. Preview

Gerry Bertier

This will be one of the best games this week. Cheatham will be ready to play after getting beat by Sycamore. Fairview will need to have a great week of practice. I don't think that the crowd will be a big problem and look for the away team to have as big or bigger crowd than the home team. Both teams will will play pretty good and I see this one won in the trenches.

Fairview: 34

Cheatham Co: 27

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Cheatham's lineplay is without question the key to their team. They are the type of team that will run, run, run folks to death then when you least expect it they'll hit a play-action pass deep on your secondary for about 50yds. I'll admit that I have not seen Fairview play since their game with Cheatham last year, but they must be pretty darn good to hold a 7-2 record.

Hey Jsmack, I found it kinda interesting to see that you have not posted on this topic. What are your predictions for the game this week? I hope you guys come out "fard up" because I promise you that this game is going to be a war.

I think it will be a hard-fought game. Cheatham is tough! I will not make a prediction on this game because predictions mean nothing! The only time I make a prediction is when I want to get a rise out of people. :o The winner will be the team with the least turnovers! Good luck to both teams Friday. I hope that it is a safe and fair event because both teams will remember this game FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter
I think it will be a hard-fought game.  Cheatham is tough!  I will not make a prediction on this game because predictions mean nothing!  The only time I make a prediction is when I want to get a rise out of people. :o  The winner will be the team with the least turnovers!  Good luck to both teams Friday.  I hope that it is a safe and fair event because both teams will remember this game FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

825401311[/snapback]

You guys have to be feeling pretty confident about your chances, after all you have seen Cheatham on film for several weeks now. Cheatham has not been able to see you guys on film because you guys play every region foe one week after they got through beating them. If I remember you correctly, then I know that you have been preparing a gameplan on Cheatham for several weeks now. I also know that it makes you feel kinda confident to see how the past two opponents of Cheatham have crammed the football down their throats. I will tell you not to expect the same type of game as last year Jsmack. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cheatham fumble the football to you guys on like three out of four plays. They laid the ball on the ground on two straight kick returns then once they finally got a return without turning the ball over the quarterback fumbled the exchange. The Cubs handed Fairview 21-points in last year's game but Fairview also gave the Cubs a free touchdown when they fumbled a kick return that was scooped up and taken in for a score at the beginning of the second half.

You guys have to be feeling pretty confident about your chances, after all you have seen Cheatham on film for several weeks now.  Cheatham has not been able to see you guys on film because you guys play every region foe one week after they got through beating them.  If I remember you correctly, then I know that you have been preparing a gameplan on Cheatham for several weeks now.  I also know that it makes you feel kinda confident to see how the past two opponents of Cheatham have crammed the football down their throats.  I will tell you not to expect the same type of game as last year Jsmack.  Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cheatham fumble the football to you guys on like three out of four plays.  They laid the ball on the ground on two straight kick returns then once they finally got a return without turning the ball over the quarterback fumbled the exchange.  The Cubs handed Fairview 21-points in last year's game but Fairview also gave the Cubs a free touchdown when they fumbled a kick return that was scooped up and taken in for a score at the beginning of the second half.

825401644[/snapback]

No one ever gives another team points unless the literally hand them the ball. Point is the kickoff for fairview smashed the return man for Cheatham every time he touched the ball. Fairview forced the fumble and recovered. If u ask me fairview earned their own points.

You guys have to be feeling pretty confident about your chances, after all you have seen Cheatham on film for several weeks now.  Cheatham has not been able to see you guys on film because you guys play every region foe one week after they got through beating them.  If I remember you correctly, then I know that you have been preparing a gameplan on Cheatham for several weeks now.  I also know that it makes you feel kinda confident to see how the past two opponents of Cheatham have crammed the football down their throats.  I will tell you not to expect the same type of game as last year Jsmack.  Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cheatham fumble the football to you guys on like three out of four plays.  They laid the ball on the ground on two straight kick returns then once they finally got a return without turning the ball over the quarterback fumbled the exchange.  The Cubs handed Fairview 21-points in last year's game but Fairview also gave the Cubs a free touchdown when they fumbled a kick return that was scooped up and taken in for a score at the beginning of the second half.

825401644[/snapback]

If you do all that math, and NOTHING else happened in that game, the score would have been 13-11 Cheatham, so its not like there was a domination effect, but I am pretty sure Fairview's running attack did better than alright in that game....but besides that, all that is part of Football, otherwise they wouldn't have a name for it!

I know that my opinion does't mean much, but I will have to take Cheatham Co. in this game. Cheatham Co.'s defense is VERY physical! They beat our guys up pretty good. Cheatham Co's LB #10 is a stud!!!! Fairview has a fine team, BUT they are not as physical on defense. Faiview's #10 CB did not cover our receivers very well. The Jacket's front eight were big but it seemed to me that their bark was bigger than their bite! Good luck to both teams. WE WILL SEE ONE OF YOU AGAIN IN THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!!!!