Riverdale, DB, Maryville and Mt Pleasant fans

mas1821

FYI - Mt. Pleasant's region has 11 teams.  Difficult to schedule non-region games when you have 10 other teams in your region.  Note Zion is in the region.

Region: 6

Cascade High School (Wartrace)

Collinwood High School (Collinwood)

Columbia Academy (Columbia)

Cornersville High School (Cornersville)

Eagleville High School (Eagleville)

Forrest High School (Chapel Hill)

Huntland High School (Huntland)

Moore Co. High School (Lynchburg)

Mt. Pleasant High School (Mt. Pleasant)

Wayne Co. High School (Waynesboro)

Zion Christian Academy (Columbia)

825405457[/snapback]

Why does Zion only play two region games? Because they are a new program?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all. It's good to see MP getting some attention out there! I think we are starting to earn some respect! As for the MP against Riverdale thing, Who knows? It would be interesting. I think MP could at the least keep it within 2 or three touchdowns. But i will say this, MP has earned everything they have gotten to the past two years and all the credit has to go to the players hard work and the Coaching Staff that began this climb last year!! Keep it up MP and lets put this lil ole town on the map baby!!!

First of all. It's good to see MP getting some attention out there! I think we are starting to earn some respect! As for the MP against Riverdale thing, Who knows? It would be interesting. I think MP could at the least  keep it within 2 or three touchdowns. But i will say this, MP has earned everything they have gotten to the past two years and all the credit has to go to the players hard work and the Coaching Staff that began this climb last year!! Keep it up MP and lets put this lil ole town on the map baby!!!

825405495[/snapback]

Let's remember, respect is like a touchdown, they are not given away, they have to be earned. Good luck to the Tigers, ya'll are doing great. Hope it continues.

Edited by robjim

mas1821, Don't take this the wrong way, Im not knocking Mt. Pleasent's football team. But you brought this on by trying to compair them to Riverdale, DB, and Maryville.

First off Mt. Pleasent reminds me alot of Cloudland the past couple of years. They beat the day-lites outta' everybody the played, until the second or third round of the playoffs. They had several 70+ scores, and beat a few average 4a teams. However I never heard anyone say they thought Cloudland could beat the likes of Riverdale, DB, or Maryville.

The teams Mt. Pleasent has played has a combined record of 34 wins and 46 loses. They have only played 3 teams above .500. That in itself would make Mt. Pleasent appear much better than they actually are.

Perhaps it would be wiser to try and compair them to Alcoa or Austin East. But I don't think Mt. Pleasent could beat either of those teams either.

ps: No I can't afford to make a 6 figure bet, but then again, I dought if they were to actually play you would make that bet anyway. thumb

825405206[/snapback]

I saw that Cloudland team play in the state Championship, and I have seen this MP team play. IMO this MP team is bigger, faster, and stronger; I am almost sure they have more athleticism. cloudland did not have a WR/HB like Caleb Dugger or a SE/TE like Jamarcus, or a MLB like RoRo (330 career tackles) 111 this year. And the East was weak that year. Time will tell though. Not my opinion.

No offence to Cloudland. That is just my $.02

I agree wuz63 Caleb Dugger is one of the most exciting players on the team. My question is why does he have (according to the Hearld) only 12 carries in 9 games,at 163 yds rushing thats about 13.5 yds per carry and 3 td's. Does his daddy hold him back ??? It seems like a waste of talent not to give him the ball. He may be the best back in the region.

MP playing Zion is a county, newspaper, politics thing ,MP hates it.

825405302[/snapback]

We don't exactly like it either.(71-0)(26-0, last year) This game is only played b/c of the guys at the newspaper wanted something to write about. ZCA has no affiliation with region 6, Not yet anyway and I doubt they will.

Here are the official standings from region 6 1a from the tssaa website. zion is not part of the region.

--- Region --- ---Overall ---

Team Class Region W L PF PA W L PF PA

Mt. Pleasant 1A 6 8 0 393 48 9 0 464 48

Wayne County 1A 6 7 1 235 124 8 1 250 136

Cascade 1A 6 6 2 193 145 7 2 222 166

Huntland 1A 6 6 2 192 100 7 2 227 100

Moore County 1A 6 4 4 164 200 5 4 197 220

Columbia Academy 1A 6 3 5 226 244 4 5 268 250

Collinwood 1A 6 3 5 142 178 3 6 160 201

Forrest 1A 6 2 6 132 219 2 7 152 242

Eagleville 1A 6 1 7 140 294 2 7 154 306

Cornersville 1A 6 0 8 61 326 0 9 73 380

I believe that Zion is part of the region for every sport except football. When they are admitted as a football member too, they would go into this region. They compete for district titles in all other sports. MP would have scheduled them for 2 years when they were 0-10. Not a bad move on their part.

I don't think taking your only open date in the year and scheduling one of the perennial powers is a smart move when you are 0-10.