hillwood destroys shelbyville

hillwoodtopper55

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get respect when you win a playoff game. But I would be worried if I was you guys cause last year they threw up 70 plus pts against you. Don't win that game this season is a waste.

825407605[/snapback]

A waste? Is that what you would say to your beloved Fairview team? After they work all year for an 8-2 record and a regional championship and if next Fri doesnt go quite as expected and Fairview loses.....you are gonna look those kids in the eye and say "well, you lost this game so your whole season was a waste...thanks for nothing" Will it be disappointing if the Toppers lose? Yes. Will it be short of their goals? Yes. Will it mean their 10-0 record and regional championship was a waste? Only to those who are too stupid to know better. By the way best of luck to Fairview....I'm hoping you win it all.

All I am saying Hillwood people all year have been saying we don't get any respect and all this jive. Well it is time to put up and shut-up. Yes going undefeated is a tough task. but you want the respect you have been demanding all year then you have to get out of the 1st round. same with fairview, what they have accomplished is awesome but everyone's ultimate goal is to win in november.

i'd love to see Hillwood go to the Buro, i happen to know a coupel players on that team and i know they have their mind set on the prize! as you know Gerry, Hillwood already has the respect of Fairview, beating us in both of our recent meetings, 20-0 and 39-21...but i firmly believe its made us better!! so good Luck Hillwood, i plan on seeing another game left on your schedule after this friday!

Gerry - for somebody who says he wants to be a coach, you sure do have a lot of mouth.  I was going to get on here and make some remark about Hillwood doing well cause they get so much practice fighting in school, but I won't.

Why don't you make another bet with somebody?  Maybe we'll be lucky and you'll lose this time.

825409012[/snapback]

All gerry was saying is that to gain full respect is to go well into the playoffs. yes yall should be proud for winning a region championship but dont let it end there. Go all the way. Dont settle for just a region championship. Settle for a state title. Hillwood has my respect. Hillwood has a lot of peoples respect. Gerry wasnt bad mouthing hillwood.. He was just saying to get full respect you must do well in the playoffs. Its the truth. Fairviews been in the playoffs 4 years in a row and do they get much respect. No they dont. Think of it this way. When you dont have respect doesnt that make you want to work harder to earn it. So dont take whatever Gerry sais offensively. He's speaking the truth.

Who has a tougher region? Due to a forfeit, Hillsboro would be 6-4. This game comes down to who wants it more. 3 Loses this season and the world counts the Vikings out. Last year was a surprize, but now it is time to start our new season. 10-0 really means nothing if you are not 5-0 in December. Moral victories don't win championships. It is a long hard road to the State, but it is anyones game now. Much respect for a very good Topper team.