Playoffs: Lewis County@Camden

rcombs

Greetings from Lewis County!

I will give you the best that I can, with zero bias, about the matchup.

If Lewis County wins, consider it a major upset. Lewis County has been one of the more consistent programs in AA football over the past 15 years, year in and year out. Everyone in our community knew that this year would be a major rebuidling process. We graduated 10 starters on defense and 9 on offense. We are playing lots and lots of young guys with two freshmen starting on defense.

Lewis County has as times looked very strong and at times, very average this season. I would attribute about 100% of that to the fact that they have so many young guys playing their very first season. Youth can provide incredible exuberance or quick demoralization. They have some very good skill people and the propensity for the big play. Their only chance for the major upset will be how well a young and smallish line performs.

Camden appears to be a polished and hungry team. Their past success or failure has absolutely nothing to do with Friday night. They are ready to step up to the next level, to be compared to other great West Tennessee programs like Huntingdon, Milan, Westview and McKnezie. To do that, they must win this Friday night.

With that in mind, the majority of game time pressure is in their court. Lewis County really has no pressure this season as they are simply laying the foundation for what I preceive to be another very solid 4-5 year run, beginning next season.

Lewis County has a real weapon in sophomore fullback Chris Hatton, who in my opinion, will eventually break all career rushing records at LCHS. But for them to win, it all hinges on the play of the offensive and defensive line. Do I think they will win? Most likely they will not. Do I think they have a chance? Most assuredly.

By the way, from all indications I have, looks like Lewis County and Camden will be in the same region next season, so this game stands as a matchup of future regional opponents.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the best posts i've ever read catfish hunter, and one of the most accurate haney... LC has the plan... i hope with all of my hear that they win, but i do not think they will if they play like they have most of the season.... if they play like they did at Harpeth it will be an extremely close game... but they can still play better than that.... the team is young and i hope they do not get nervous and just play their game.... Camden will be SOOO nervous in the first half and i believe that is the time to punch it to them, get the confidence up for the panthers and vice versa for the lions... The offense revolves around Hatton, if you look at all the games he has ran well, they have won, and all the games they lost, he hasn't.... lets take that and forget it, we have 3 other skillful running backs that are smart, and quick runners.... i believe this game will be a battle on Defense, low scoring game both teams below 20

Edited by golfinman23

i dont know much about camden, but i have seen lewis county play they have a good runnung back i think hatten is his last name , but they do not have good passing game the qb does not have good arm, defensively they are not good up front the line is slow to a fault. the kicking is nothing like they have had in past years. the teams they hvae beaten them cheatham fairvew and westmoreland came right at them and run the ball

i dont know much about camden, but i have seen lewis county play they have a good runnung back i think hatten is his last name , but they do not have good passing game the qb does not have good arm, defensively they are not good up front the line is slow to a fault. the kicking is nothing like they have had in past years. the teams they hvae beaten them  cheatham fairvew and westmoreland came right at them and run the ball

825417461[/snapback]

Camden has 2 awesome backs in Byron and Josh Boyd. Markham has a good arm and sees the field really well. The defense is good and is led by Heath Yoder. Look out for the lions they are a really good team and should win by 20.

Camden Time Line

Nov. 2003 6-4 Camden team backs in the playoffs, travels to Lewis Co.

only to lose 12-13 on a late play.

May, 2004 Camden team graduates hand full and sends 5 to small colleges

throughout TN.

August, 2004 Camden team wins scrimmages against Trenton, Milan, and Union

City. (Of the three, Union City gives them, by far, the best game.)

August, 2004 Camden wins Huntingdon Jamboree against West Carroll, 14-0.

West Carroll goes on to become their region champion at 9-1,

as they sport the best record in Carroll Co.

August-Oct. Camden goes 9-1 in the regular season, loses a tight game to

Huntingdon, and has only two other games that were

close, McKenzie (very close) and Dresden (somewhat close).

Nov. 2004 Camden hosts Lewis Co. a good team with a great coach that has

gone 6-4 in one of the best 2A regions in the state. So, since

the Lions lost the heart breaker to Lewis Co. 12-13, they have been

on the football field with 14 other teams and lost one, very close

game. But they have won 13 contests out of the last 14. I know

scrimmages and jamborees don't count, but they do to coaches and

players.

I'm just a fan but I feel good about our Friday Night Lions playing at

home against a fine team from Lewis Co.

There will be somebody to say something smart about my post, and that's o.k. My team is is good shape and I feel good going into the playoffs. Camden by 21 over Lewis Co. This is my only post on this subject until after the game.

Edited by @38320

Now the game's a little over 12 hours away. Look for a big night from some of the Camden receivers, Markham will have his first real breakout game. I think the running game will open the passing game wide open! Camden's defense has been on a tear since giving up a season high 35 points to Huntingdon.... Lewis Co. has come off a lackluster seson and really has no momentum going into the playoffs, whereas Camden has a 4 game winning streak, and has scored 30+ points in each of those games. Defense has given up around 11 points a game, and they have just been destroying folks. They are playing solid and consistent football to this point and that should bode well for them through the playoffs. Changing my original prediction, Camden 42 Lewis 14.

@38320, I'll see you there buddy!

Edited by rcombs

@38320 & rcombs both were well said. Look folks, The Camden Lions has come along way this year. We are very-very proud of this team and their coaches. We are excited fans who can't wait until the game tonight. Our potentional is there, the ability is there, all we need now is to wait. No doubt it will be a good game but Camden will pull it off, I have faith in them and the team. That is what makes great fans.

@38320 & rcombs both were well said.  Look folks, The Camden Lions has come along way this year.  We are very-very proud of this team and their coaches.  We are excited fans who can't wait until the game tonight.  Our potentional is there, the ability is there, all we need now is to wait.  No doubt it will be a good game but Camden will pull it off, I have faith in them and the team.  That is what makes great fans.

825418119[/snapback]

Well history is about to occur in the great town of Camden with our first home playoff game ever!!...We couldn't be prouder of such a fine bunch of young men and their great coaches and I for one can hardly wait for the game to begin because it has been the longest week ever!....Strap em on boys and put on your game faces ..."Its football time in Camden Tennessee!". Good luck to both teams and lets avoid any injuries... lets wish a safe drive in for the panthers and a looooong drive home!...its time to bring home the win Lions! See ya at the game! thumb GO LIONS!