McMinn Central at Smith County

Antwan

last time they where in the playoffs was 2002 when they played Trousdale Co

I know nothing about McMinn. Hey Del....give me some history here.

Fan

825409682[/snapback]

They've been pretty bad the last few years but seem to be on the comback trail this season.

They have been deadly in the past. They reached the finals in 93. They were also big and bad in the 70s.

Again, the coach tossed two of their best players a couple of weeks ago for attitude. That had to hurt them some.

They can throw the ball pretty well at times.

I'll see if I can do more later.

Del.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central is a decent team..they dont give up..they give it everything they've got they'll fight tooth and nail for the win..it'll be a good game..i hope my Chargers come out with a win..but idk good luck to both teams..

825411834[/snapback]

Ah...we know we are in for a dogfight. I am sure McMinn will be tough. Have a safe trip up here to the hole.

Here you go-

Central plays their best athletes on defense. This is their strength. If you can throw the ball though, you can hurt them as they are not always sound in what they do vs passing formations. They are not real big up front on defense as they like to play their speed on line and be ready for blitzes at any time. They will gamble which could result in your losing yardage at any time or your breaking big play at any time. The two kids kicked off team were both starters in secondary so that should also add to their problems defending the pass. Central will line up in shotgun on offense and likes the trips formation. Don't be fooled into thinking they want to pass all over you as mostly they are trying to spread you out to run the football. QB is most dangerous athlete as he is above average runner. Team plays hard and in all honesty may have overachieved this season. To that I give credit to coaching staff. They were also only a play away from being first in region so take that for what it's worth. Good luck and I would predict a 17 point win for Smith County. Congrats to the Chargers on a good season.

Here you go-

Central plays their best athletes on defense. This is their strength. If you can throw the ball though, you can hurt them as they are not always sound in what they do vs passing formations. They are not real big up front on defense as they like to play their speed on line and be ready for blitzes at any time. They will gamble which could result in your losing yardage at any time or your breaking big play at any time. The two kids kicked off team were both starters in secondary so that should also add to their problems defending the pass. Central will line up in shotgun on offense and likes the trips formation. Don't be fooled into thinking they want to pass all over you as mostly they are trying to spread you out to run the football. QB is most dangerous athlete as he is above average runner. Team plays hard and in all honesty may have overachieved this season. To that I give credit to coaching staff. They were also only a play away from being first in region so take that for what it's worth. Good luck and I would predict a 17 point win for Smith County. Congrats to the Chargers on a good season.

825412381[/snapback]

Thank you for the info johnnyboy. Really appreciate that. Have a safe trip to the "HOLE".

All I know is they did beat their regions #1 team.  Every game in the playoffs is one and done if you don't bring your A game.  Enjoy the weekend SC....come Monday.....The Second Season Begins!!!  First up......McMinn Central!!!

825407992[/snapback]

the only reason they beat us is because we had 5 starters out and our center got hurt right before half,we got everyone back the following week and we haved rolled since then and we even beat a good 4 a team in cleveland,people in your region haven't played anybody,walker valley and howard will advance on.