Alcoa v. Hampton

carolina232

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, lander33 I feel sorry for you, just feel lucky you aren't playing. Alcoa can start their 3rd team and still beat Hampton.

I haven't heard anything about Duck's injury, if it's rather severe, I wouldn't bother playing him in this game and maybe let Derrell Tate, Cameron Battle, and Troy Hodge get some carries. BTW who's Potter, lol? And we're called the Tornadoes, just to help ya out :rolleyes:.

Lol, lander33 I feel sorry for you, just feel lucky you aren't playing.  Alcoa can start their 3rd team and still beat Hampton.

I haven't heard anything about Duck's injury, if it's rather severe, I wouldn't bother playing him in this game and maybe let Derrell Tate, Cameron Battle, and Troy Hodge get some carries.  BTW who's Potter, lol?  And we're called the Tornadoes, just to help ya out  :rolleyes:.

825412460[/snapback]

well tom thumb i guess duck has web feet and cant play and little man tate is sick and battle cant go to war and potter you will know before the games over and if you are more like a breeze than a tornado. i like the aluminum foils or

That's right STARSNBARS!  Alcoa defeated Hampton 40-12 in the second round of the single A playoffs in 1979.  Ask your little sister, as I recall she skipped the Rebels game to go see the Tornadoes on the road. 

Good luck to the Rebels and the Tornadoes as they represent Blount County.  Let's hope it ends up like '78 and 2000.

825412022[/snapback]

Budrock, that girl would go anywhere to get to eat out free and still will.

Ditto on the Good Luck.

Go Rebs.

That's right STARSNBARS!  Alcoa defeated Hampton 40-12 in the second round of the single A playoffs in 1979.  It was a very physical game that was, at least it seemed, alot closer than the score.  Ask your little sister, as I recall she skipped the Rebels game to go see the Tornadoes on the road. 

Let's hope the Tornadoes keep their focus as this doesn't look like it will be much of a game on paper.  As I have said before, the game ain't played on paper and there are no second chances in the playoffs.

Good luck to the Rebels and the Tornadoes as they represent Blount County.  Let's hope it ends up like '78 and 2000.

825412022[/snapback]

Agree about Blount Co. Alcoa by 14-17 if Lindsey is up to speed, then Alcoa by 24.

Alcoa is a great name to go by. Who or what is Hampton named after? A heavy hamper?

well tom thumb  i guess duck has web feet and cant play and little man tate is sick and battle cant go to war and potter you will know before the games over and if you are more like a breeze than a tornado.  i like the aluminum foils or

825412470[/snapback]

No, I still think Battle would tear you up. I don't think Duck's hurt too bad, he'll more than likely be playing Friday night. I hope Duck gets to go up against "Potter" just to see how badly he gets ran over, I can assure you there is one person on your team that can stop Duck by themselves.

Alcoa 47

Hampton 7

BTW, Duck would still get near 150 yards against you with webbed feet.

Several things to cover here:

1. I checked my official unofficial source who tells me Duck tweaked an ankle a little but hasn't been held out of practice. So, much to the dismay of the Hampton fans, Duck should be ready to rumble on Friday.

2. FBE - That was a good one! What you want to bet Lander33 hasn't figured it out?

3. STARSNBARS - I'd say that free meal thing runs in the family.

4. Sweetwater - A pretty good football team when Latham is healthy. I have heard he has missed quite a bit of action but I'm sure he will give it a go on Friday.

5. Now about the weather, I hear there is a strong possibility of a Tornado warning for Goddard Field about 7 pm this Friday! thumb