Wilson Central at Cookeville

Wilson Central Dogg

Both teams are quite good, but Cookville is way too good to lose to WC. We palyed them both this year and Cookville was more physical than Wc by far. Wilson allowed us (Cumberland) to score 28 while Cookville didn't let us cross our own 50. If Cookvilles defense continues where it left off, wilson will do good to score at all.

CHS 31

WCHS 3

Good luck to both teams and GO REGION THREE

Edited by blueangel51

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are quite good, but Cookville is way too good to lose to WC. We palyed them both this year and Cookville was more physical than Wc by far. Wilson allowed us (Cumberland) to score 28 while Cookville didn't let us cross our own 50. If Cookvilles defense continues where it left off, wilson will do good to score at all.

CHS  31

WCHS 3

Good luck to both teams and GO REGION THREE

825409681[/snapback]

Yea, I don't know what it is with Cumberland County. Last season you complete the hail mary and get the win. This season, you get the 2nd highest point total scored against us (More than Smyrna or Lebanon). And while you didn't make the playoffs, your foe Coffee County did and lost to us on their homecoming night.

This game could be interesting! If I was Cookeville, I would not overlook WC. Most in Region 4 have thought they would lose to Oakland, then siegel, even Lavergne, and most certainly lose to Blackman and those two good backs. A couple of people that I know that watched the game vs Blackman said WC absolutely snuffed out Mims and Meredith and that is no easy trick....ask Lebanon about Mims.

Also, that unusual DBl Wing offense of WC would seems to me; to be kind of hard to prepare for..............they run more formations than anyone that I have seen this year. They do not really have any super great players, but they really seem to play well as a team and they play hard.

If we were not still playing, I would go see this one. Could be tight! ;)

Is Mimms and these Blackman kids really that good?

Seriously, Mimms just gets to the line of scrimmage and dances for 3 seconds, and he seemed very easy to tackle for his size.

If he really is as good as some of you people keep noting, and us stopping him for 9 for 17 wasn't a joke, then maybe our defense is even better than what I anticipated it to be.

Guest Oakland

I have seen both teams play, they both beat Coffee Co. in close games

Cookeville 35 Coffee 34

Wilson 16 Coffee 14

I think it is really to close to call, but Wilson slowed down the offense of Coffee Co. and looked pretty darn good to me. Cookeville has a solid team as well, i see this one coming down to the last 2 min. and the score being within 7 points difference.

I have seen both teams play, they both beat Coffee Co. in close games

Cookeville 35 Coffee 34

Wilson 16 Coffee 14

I think it is really to close to call, but Wilson slowed down the offense of Coffee Co. and looked pretty darn good to me.  Cookeville has a solid team as well, i see this one coming down to the last 2 min. and the score being within 7 points difference.

825411453[/snapback]

correction foorballfanatic Cookeville beat Coffee 29-28

Plus Cookeville's win to coffee county was before their loss, and their most recent stretch of 3 straight games without allowing a touchdown. Momentum is rolling with an already talented and hard working team, not to mention one of the best coaches in the state, i like cookeville's odds in this one to open the score a little more than 7 points in the last few minutes.

The CAVS have certainly turned it up a notch in the last half of the season.They are a much much better team now than when they beat Coffee early in the season. Just ask the region 5 champs who Cookeville absolutely SMOKED two weeks ago. (I just saw McGavock get some kind of trophy on Monday Night Live just a few minutes ago,what a joke). Cookeville wins by at least two touchdowns and gets the rematch with Lebanon! ;):angry:

Not only does the Cookeville defense have THIRTEEN straight quarters without allowing a touchdown, but they have SIX interceptions in the past two games. The defense is sizzling right now and now the offense has finally seemed to peak as well. Perfect timing boys :lol: . I pity the teams that play Cookeville in the playoffs.

CHS - 29

WCHS - 6