Gerry Bertier

Adamsville Cardinals (6-4, 2-3) 4th place in Region 6

Away Record- (3-2)

Avg. Pts. Sc. on Road- 18.4 pts.

Avg. Pts. All. on Road- 26.2 pts.

Strength Rank- 32nd

Schedule Rank- 46th

Combined Opp. Record- (46-54)

Playoff Teams Played- 5 (Huntingdon, Camden, McKenzie, Perry Co., McNairy Central)

Key Players- RB-TJ Robinson 114 att. 725 yards 6.4 avg 11 TDs

10 catches 204 yards 20.4 avg 3 TD's

QB -Tyler Mitchell (36-103) 527 yards 8 TDs 5 Ints

61 att. 299 yards 4.9 avg 4 TDs

84 tackles 1 Int.

K -Christopher Kimmons 2-8 FGs 17-23 XP

OL-DL Blaine Browder

Fairview Yellow Jackets (8-2, 6-0) 1st Place in Region 5

Home Record- (4-1)

Avg. Pts. Sc. on Home- 35.6 pts.

Avg. Pts. All. on Home- 17 pts.

Strength Rank- 11th

Schedule Rank- 43th

Combined Opp. Record- (45-55)

Playoff Teams Played- 5 (Cheatham Co., Lewis Co., Loretto, Montgomery Central, Hillwood)

Key Players- RB- Bobby Martin- 198 att. 1581 yards 21 TD's 7.9 avg.

QB- Clint Bogle- (45-84) 809 yards 6 TD's

61 att. 440 yards 9 TD's 7.2 avg.

WR-DB- Glen Fraser- 7 catches 126 yards 1 TD 18 avg.

FB-OLB- Cole Cassidy- 28 att. 147 yards 3 TDs 5.25 avg.

7 catches 167 yards 1 TD's 23.8 avg.

DL- Blake Sullivan

Outlook of Game

Well it has arrived, the 2004 TSSAA playoffs and run to the boro. The Fairview Yellow Jackets will be hosting the Adamsville Cardinals. This is the Jackets 4th straight playoff app. and 2nd straight home playoff game. Adamsville is making a return to the playoffs after a one year hiatus. Fairview is coming off its 1st region title in 12 years and llok for them to come out firing on all cylinders. Adamsville has a couple of good athletes on their side in TJ Robinson and Tyler Mitchell. The Cardinals also have a big OL in Blaine Browder who could reck havoc. However I think the Jackets have too many weapons for the Cardinals to handle. I expect Fairview to wear down Adamsville and advance to the 2nd round.

My Prediction

Fairview Yellow Jackets- 42

Adamsville Cardinals- 14

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Region 5-AA very weak this season--all teams could go out in first round. :huh:

825408990[/snapback]

What??? Fairview is going to kill Adamsville, Cheatham has got to be favored to beat McKenzie, Lewis County has an excellent chance at ousting Camden, and don't be shocked if Loretto gives Huntingdon a challenge. If anything, I'd say that 5-2A is better from 1-4 than is region 6-2A.

5aa better??....even MAYBE ...and I do think that any of these teams is capable of beating the other on any given nite...we'll just have to see who wants it more and who brings their best game to the field...as far as Adamsville's chances it probably won't be pretty for them...but like I said any team on any given nite.

Region 5-AA very weak this season--all teams could go out in first round. :unsure:

825408990[/snapback]

Why do you think this? You can't make a statement like that and not share your opinion why. I have seen three of the playoff teams from Region 5 and three from region 6 and from what I have seen these regions are pretty evenly matched. Region 6 has the speed advantage while Region 5 has the strength and power advantage. It is going to be a wild first week of the playoffs with some surprises.