Fairview-Adamsville Preview

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-formation, with 75% of their offense being T.J. Robinson left, right, or up the middle.  They do have a decent QB, but if you shut down Robinson you shut down Adamsville.

825412311[/snapback]

I have a feeling Mr. Robinson will be waking up sore in Saturday morning. If he is there offense you can bet Fairview is going to be a beating on him. Adamsville needs to find more weapons and try to exploit the Fairview defense. The only way they have been beaten this year was by speed, but that was by (10-0) Hillwood. I doubt the Cardinals have that type of spee. Hope Adamsville has a safe trip to Fairview and I will see you guys there Friday night.

Greetings to all from a first time writer but a long time reader. One of my two most favorite Fairview players from the past and present sends his regards from Iowa Central. Big Joe will be in town this weekend and is looking forward to seeing all his friends along with this fine football game. We welcome Joe back again and thank him for four wonderful years in both football and wrestling. Go Jackets and win one for Joe...

I agree! He doesnt know anything about Camden if he thinks Boyd is the only player Camden has. This group of young men play as a team. Win as a team. Loss as a team. Coach Ward told this group of young men when he took the program over. There is no I in team. You can see that he has instilled this into this group of young men. Maybe in past years it was only Boyd that carried the ball but not anymore. He has a younger brother that has carried the football this year alot. So before you start talking about the Camden team. You need to have your facts straight. If in doubt how good the other team players are just look at the stats. They will speak for themselves.

GO LIONS!!!!!

825411459[/snapback]

Well said lionsfan37. No one person will win the game or loose the game. Coach Ward has been very clear on that. The mighty Camden Lions is hosting their first playoff game. Folks don't sell them too short, this is a different "Team" from years past.

You must be a cross country runner, congrats on the region championship. Fairview has began turning all its sports programs around and I think it started in 2001 when the baseball team won the district championship. ever since then every team has gotten better and better. just joking about the turning point but Fairview is now producing not only great athletes but great young men and women.

825411524[/snapback]

Yes, I am a cross country runner. This is the fourth year in a row we have taken home the Region 4 A-AA Title. And I agree. Fairview’s sports have really turned around in the last few years. For instance, the 2001 Baseball Team you mentioned, the 2003-2004 Boys Soccer Team made it out of Districts for the first time and lost 0-1 in Sectionals. Girls Soccer is now competing with teams like Page and Columbia Academy that they used to get blown out by. And I believe that Fairview Football is speaking for itself with big wins over Lewis County and Cheatham County.

Not only are the student athletes getting better, there is more school spirit and a much bigger sense of team. Also, Fairview has hired some outstanding teachers who double as very talented coaches. We are extremely lucky to work with these coaches.