Camden has come a long way...

LionPride

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we have come a long way in a short while. But we must not be content with where we are. We have yet to achieve what every team desires, a state championship. I think until we accomplish that, our work is never finished. We must stay focused throughout the playoffs, and continue to build on what has been started. But I am very proud of what we have done so far.

Yes, we have come a long way in a short while. But we must not be content with where we are. We have yet to achieve what every team desires, a state championship. I think until we accomplish that, our work is never finished. We must stay focused throughout the playoffs, and continue to build on what has been started. But I am very proud of what we have done so far.

825411258[/snapback]

Well said...

Camden has come a long way since Coach Ward has come to town.  The potential has been here all along.  Camden has had the best season in a long while.  Looking forward to following the Lions during their trip through the playoffs.  Any more of the Camden faithful out there...

825411079[/snapback]

right you are sir , the potential has been there . i have been a lions fan since the 70's and have some very real ties to this years squad. if you are who i think you are...... keep up the good work in the booth . i am one of the faithful with a son on the team .the lions have worked very hard and are now reaping the benefits! GO LIONS !!!! CLASS OF 80

Camden has come a long way! The last time Camden had a 9-1 season was 21 years ago. I graduated from that class. This years football team is alot like that team of 83. They both play with all their heart and souls. They also play like a team. I have watched the young men of this years team grow from little boys into good strong young men. About 10 years ago the people in this county decided to have a good program we had to start when the kids were young and get them playing football from a young age. So thats when they brought minor leauge football back to Benton Co. When this years seniors and juniors were in junior high, the parents and fans started to see this pay off. That year the junior high went undefeated. Fans and parents knew all the hard work that went into getting this young men to the point where they were. So when this years Seniors were Sophmores, they began looking for a football coach that could take the talent of these young men and create something big with them. The last several years Camden did have talent but it took Coach Ward and his staff to bring this out and forward. Other threads have trashed Camden fans because of our support for our football program. They say we shouldnt be proud of the young men. I disagree. The people that are saying this have no idea what hard work has went into getting the program where it is now days. It is nice to see years of hard work pay off. This years team has brought the community together. It is not that Camden has won 10 games and lost 1 that this town is proud of. It is the way the team has played. It has played with heart and soul. When Camden players knock another team down. They will lend a hand to pick the person up. Camden has played fair and with alot of class. Camden does support this years team and Coach Ward and his staff. Not because of their record but for what it has took to get them there. I dont know how far Camden will go in the playoffs. I do know that Camden fans will be there cheering them on. No matter what! Go Lions!!!!!!! thumb

Camden has come a long way! The last time Camden had a 9-1 season was 21 years ago. I graduated from that class. This years football team is alot like that team of 83. They both play with all their heart and souls. They also play like a team. I have watched the young men of this years team grow from little boys into good strong young men. About 10 years ago the people in this county decided to have a good program we had to start when the kids were young and get them playing football from a young age. So thats when they brought minor leauge football back to Benton Co. When this years seniors and juniors were in junior high, the parents and fans started to see this pay off. That year the junior high went undefeated. Fans and parents knew all the hard work that went into getting this young men to the point where they were. So when this years Seniors were Sophmores, they began looking for a football coach that could take the talent of these young men and create something big with them. The last several years Camden did have talent but it took Coach Ward and his staff to bring this out and forward. Other threads have trashed Camden fans because of our support for our football program. They say we shouldnt be proud of the young men. I disagree.  The people that are saying this have no idea what hard work has went into getting the program where it is now days.  It is nice to see years of hard work pay off. This years team has brought the community together. It is not that Camden has won 10 games and lost 1 that this town is proud of. It is the way the team has played. It has played with heart and soul. When Camden players knock another team down. They will lend a hand to pick the person up.  Camden has played fair and with alot of class. Camden does support this years team and Coach Ward and his staff. Not because of their record but for what it has took to get them there. I dont know how far Camden will go in the playoffs. I do know that Camden fans will be there cheering them on. No matter what! Go Lions!!!!!!! thumb

825420312[/snapback]

excellent post....I dare someone to trash us for our support now...GO LIONS! thumb

We have definitely had our tough times, back to back winless seasons in 97-98. We are on the rise though, but like I said, you can never be completely satisfied until you have that gold ball. But then it starts all over the next year. So as Camden fans, we must appreciate how far we have come, but not be satisfied.

It is nice to see a program rise up and become successful. I respect what Camden has done. This Friday night two teams will line up against one another that have had trouble in the past and are now once again on the rise. Coach Ward has done a fine job in Camden and I look for them to be successful for a long time.

825423444[/snapback]

Hey G.B. When did Fairview's program take the turn for the good? I remember when I was playing, that both programs just couldn't seem to catch a break.

I'm gonna say it was two years ago when Fairview started improving. I belive that was the first year they had made the playoffs since '92 when they went in '89,'90,'91,'92. Its good to see some good football again in Fairview and the stands filled up. I'm sorry that I'm going to miss the game on Friday due to a prior engagement I wish both teams the best and I'm from Fairview and my little brother plays for them so thats who I'm rooting for, but I believe it's gonna be a heck of a game. GOOD LUCK FOR BOTH TEAMS!!!!!!!!!