PRE SEASON Top Ten Class A

PCGod

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Temple should top this list. I think Ezell is better than Temple. They can do everything that Temple can and they have one thing Temple does not have... a 6'8" center who can take over a game. So Temple fans don't count on a state championship just yet.

825439756[/snapback]

6'8" guy who can take over a game...does Julian Terrel bring back any memories? Yeah, pretty sure Temple destroyed him.

CCS isnt gonna get out of the region.. again. All they have are those brothers who are tall. They simply dont have enough offence. They played boyd in a scrimage saturday and beat them by 10... and boyd still doesnt have their football players which accounts for a great deal of their team. I just think this will be a down year for CCS. esspeacially with the region their in.

825434431[/snapback]

Actually, the score of the 15 minute jamboree on Saturday night at CCS was 21-15 in favor of the Chargers. Coach Salter substituted freely throughout and CCS did not shoot particularly well. They are going to have to adjust to life after John Cook, just like they did when Wes Moore left, like they did when Willie Lucas left, like they did when Jason Holwerda left! By the end of the year, they will be a factor. Not saying they are going to win the state or anything, just that I bet not many teams will look forward to playing them in February.

Don't know a lot about far East teams (except Unaka who are defending champs so have to be considered) and west teams (basketball in the west is always tough), but I do see the following teams being contenders:

Temple and Grace - should be favorites and rightly so

CPA - lots of seniors but lost a real key player who will be hard to replace. Sikes must decide if he is going to step up his game a notch inside and defend the big men.

McEwen - most all players back - role players around Puckett should be better and Puckett is the real deal.

Ezell - will be much better this year after good year last year. Could beat CPA in district.

Should be a fun year.

I have a very good feeling about JCS this year.  I am not so sure about Middleton though.  If I'm not mistaken, Grace and Unaka both lost alot off of those teams that were in the championship last year, right?

825416360[/snapback]

I don't know about Unaka, but Grace only lost one starter. We lost three other subs, and I was one of them. Should be a very strong team this year, if they can find a on and off the court leader.

Top 5

1 Temple - still have to be the favorites

2 Grace - lost one starter from last years state runner-up team

3 CPA - Last years favorite and returning a great deal of their team

4 Greenfield - Brandon Shane...

5 Unaka - got to give the champs some love

Other teams to watch......

JCS

Pickett county

Ezell

Trenton Peabody

Trousdale county

perry county

825433835[/snapback]

This is probably the best prediction. Grace and Temple will play five times this year. 2 regular season, district championship, region championship, state championship. Look for Grace to want it more. Still a toss up though. Making my bold statement for the year...

Look for a District 5 sweep of District 6 in the Region 3 Tourney. 21st Century has the talent to beat a young and inexperienced Chattanooga Christian. CCS is wishing Jordan King was still around, like Grace was last year...

Watch out for University High in Johnson City. They know how to get to Murfreesboro and have a veteran athletic team returning. Their backcourt is probably better than two years ago when they went to the final four. Expect UH and Unaka to have some classic battles throughout the season. It is a huge rivalry but their is tremendous respect between the two teams. both of these are two teams yu don't want to face in March.

what about cosby.we have big man timmy blakley who won the mvp award in the region 2A tournament as a SOPHMORE.and that's a good region.

825442189[/snapback]

Definitely things look Bright for Cosby this year.

Blakely will be back this year better than last. He'll face some tough defenses, as a lot of them early on at least will key on him, with some others un-proven for a full season load.

His inside game, should be a force again at the Class A level, and what could be better is that his outside game has developed after this summer with Charlie Benson and folks with the Travelers.

Concerning however is the fact of a lack of depth for Cosby. Especially should foul trouble come into play. Although if folks like Manning step up and show they can give the effort they did down the stretch like they did last year, they should be in good hands.

Defense will probably again be a strongpoint, as I get the Understanding that Flatford stresses defense, and then some.

That being said, the District race shouldn't be a problem (until next year at least with Rockwood and Harriman moving in), the Region will be interesting, and a preview will be seen as they open against Harriman and Oneida.