PRE SEASON Top Ten Class A

PCGod

Unaka lost 6' 6" Josh Jones, Rusty Chambers and Cody Collins.

They could be, or at least they look to be a little more athletic this season, but will definitely miss those three.

Returning Cline at point is a big plus; he had a great State Tournament.

Tyler McCann is back.

Chase Reeves can be outstanding, needing only to settle into his role. 

Rusty Holtsclaw returns as the sole Big guy at 6' 6."

Josh Lowe will probably start.

Tee Blevins is improved and will play a bigger role.

Walsh is a very athletic player. 

The Sophomores: Very talented, but might not provide enough key minutes to carry deep into March. 

Depth will be even more important this season.  Holtsclaw will have to get some rebounding and defensive support from Reeves, Lowe, Blevins and Walsh under the boards. 

Donald Ensor will search for the eighth man; but he'll use the entire bench early. Brandon Roper could play a role.

825417730[/snapback]

Thanks for the help on Unaka. Good luck to the Rangers!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg loses their leader in big vesie. They should be more athletic this year though. They have as good a chance as anybody with the players they have returning. Rockwood loses a lot of seniors but they still have Payne, Harvest and Hackler. I know Harriman still has their shooter, cna't remember his name. Oneida is returning 9 seniors so that definately gives them a chance.

Wartburg loses their leader in big vesie. They should be more athletic this year though. They have as good a chance as anybody with the players they have returning. Rockwood loses a lot of seniors but they still have Payne, Harvest and Hackler. I know Harriman still has their shooter, cna't remember his name. Oneida is returning 9 seniors so that definately gives them a chance.

825417942[/snapback]

Good post Ro...

I broke it down into East, Middle, and West...the top 6 chances (in my opinion) to make it to the 'Boro...any of these teams have a legitimate chance at going...

In no particular order....

East: Temple, Grace, Cosby, Rockwood, Unaka, Oneida

Middle: Pickett Co., CPA, Ezell Harding, Perry Co., Summertown, Trousdale Co.

West: JCS, Middleton, Greenfield, West Carroll, Trenton Peabody, Lake Co.

Again, this is just my early preseason opinion...

What about Cloudland? They have a good strong senior class of right around 4 kids that are very experienced and play very hard. From the schedule i saw yesterday, Ned Smith has put together a much hardier and better schedule in my opinion. The Landers will for sure be able to prove themselves early with the Oneida tournment, add in the conference games with Unaka and two games with Cosby and a very tough Christmas Tourny in North Carolina. Sullivan North and Volunteer will be the Landers opening season games on the 18th and 20th. Add in the always competitive Unicoi, Johnson County, and Hampton teams, it makes for a well rounded schedule. Only real easy game i saw was playing Providence. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CLINCH. Do they not have a team this year or was there a misprint in the schedule.

ALSO, WHO ALL WILL BE IN THE ONEIDA THANKSGIVING TOURNY

I know you all probably don't know much about Mt. Pleasant but at the end of the year I promise all top tens will have them in there. How can someone put Summertown and Perry County in there and not mention MP. MP will win their district with ease this year.

825422512[/snapback]

My fault stephenzca...your right...Mt. Pleasant was the team that I was missing...thank you.

McEwen needs to be mentioned in there as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Wartburg is tough and a legitamate contender for the Region 2A championship. They only lost 2 senior last year, and yes one of them was jonathan vespie, but they have 3 returning starters and 5 more players coming back that have plenty of big game experience. They can shoot the lights out and run with anybody in their region. These boys will be ready to play this year... especially since nobody thinks too highly of them

I have a very good feeling about JCS this year.  I am not so sure about Middleton though.  If I'm not mistaken, Grace and Unaka both lost alot off of those teams that were in the championship last year, right?

825416360[/snapback]

I think grace only lost 1 player from last years team. I think it was there big man Parson. Most of there team was sophomores last year.