ALCOA AND DAVID LIPSCOMB-4TH ROUND

paintc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic of this thread. Early exit polls obtained from CBS news are predicting that both Lipscomb and Alcoa will advance through the playoffs to round 4. Alcoa will win a defensive struggle 4 to 3. Dan Rather commented that the Alcoa defense will go though the Mustang offense like a hot knife through butter during a Texas tornado. He also said the margin of victory will be as thin as turnip soup on a night that was as cold as an old maid at a church social.

Now a look into the future.

2012 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Gilt Edge will defend their state championship by defeating Rockwood.

2013 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Alcoa returns to the Blue Cross Bowl and defeats Trenton Peabody.

2014 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Trousdale County over Middleton

2015 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Alcoa is back and picks up a win over Humboldt

2016 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Alcoa makes it 2 in a row with a triple overtime win over Huntingdon

2017 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Sweetwater over Milan

2018 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Happy Valley over Waverly

2019 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Marion County over Camden

2020 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Alcoa returns but loses to Trenton Peabody

2021 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Tyner over Jackson Christian

2022 2A Blue Cross Bowl

Milan over Meigs County

That is as far out into the future as it is safe to predict for now. The players who will participate in the 2023 game have not been born yet and I would really have to go out on a limb to make a prediction.

I wouldnt start praising either one of these teams yet personally........ This is a whole new season for all of the teams still left.. No winners. No losers. If Alcoa and Lipscomb start thinking about the semi's neither one will be there. In Alcoa's case they have already beat Sweetwater which they play tomorrow by a sizeable amount in poor playing conditions and If I am not mistaking also physically manhandled Rockwood to about the same score... As a sweetwater fan, I beg Alcoa to look past tomorrow nights game and if they do they can look at the T.V. and watch as another team travels to "THE BORO." I belive Alcoa has the all around tallent to be a very convincing State Champ but if they want too I belive they need to take it one game at a time and put off discussions of this matter until the appropriate time. I wish them the best of luck the rest of this season hope they can bring a Championship home to 2AA. GO CATS!

Were they not ready to play last year?  I mean, it was the Semifinals for a trip to Murfreesboro.  Didnt they stall the game a day to prepare extra even?? Or was that to allow the field to dry so their speed could take over the game? I dont remember which. In either case, dont recall it helping.

825417401[/snapback]

Ok i know it is a couple rounds away, and we're really not even worried about you but you might want to stop giving use motivation with these stupid comments. Ask Rockwoods coach or sweetwater who said stuff in the paper and we put up in our locker room for motivation all week, ask them what happened. Just a fair warning before you slip up for your team.